Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

E30 tune for winter

I worked on a E50 tune over the summer, just changed it for E30 for winter. Not bad for a self made tune. This run has overshoot coming off boost that I have fixed but I didn't make full runs to 6000 rpm as I was just working on the overshoot and drop at the end of spool. FBO except outlets, no cats, stock mufflers, stock turbos.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2450 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2007BMW335i Click here to enlarge
    Not bad for a self made tune. This run has overshoot coming off boost that I have fixed but I didn't make full runs to 6000 rpm as I was just working on the overshoot and drop at the end of spool. FBO except outlets, no cats, stock mufflers, stock
    You can upload the tune if you like for others to use.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You can upload the tune if you like for others to use.
    I tried it says "invalid file"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2450 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I tried it says "invalid file"
    What is the file extension? Might want to zip it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I8E0S, FBO minus outlets, no cats, stock mufflers. Stock turbos recently rebuilt. I think my wastegate actuators are set a little tight, wgdc base seems lower than most cars. It has timing for E30 but fuel scalars are still where I had them for E50, just a little less timing. Log your data!, don't use this if excessive timing corrections or throttle closures. It peaks at about 20 psi on my car (149,000+miles) and I don't taper much up top so it will spin the hell out of your turbos.

Use at your own risk!, this tune is aggressive and will put a lot of stress on the turbos... Shift at 6000 RPM , the stock turbos are well past what they can do at this boost. I have no idea what it will do over 6000 rpm as it is only scaled to 6000 rpm.

I8E0S_E30_SG.zip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2450 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Use at your own risk!, this tune is aggressive and will put a lot of stress on the turbos...
    Upload using the file system please. Click 'files' at the top.