Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you ran E85 on an E40 map with higher boost and are wondering why it is taxing the HPFP?

If you want an E85 map why not just ask him?
    His point is that low fuel pressure isn't causing and safeties to kick in. Straight E85 would just highlight it. A direct comparison would be running 91 on a race gas file and not seeing any timing pulls...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weehe Click here to enlarge
    His point is that low fuel pressure isn't causing and safeties to kick in. Straight E85 would just highlight it. A direct comparison would be running 91 on a race gas file and not seeing any timing pulls...
    This is correct.
    I'll try to remember to get a log tonight as proof.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In other words, safety has been disabled. This is a “win it or bin it” tune. If that’s what the customer wanted though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok but if you are going outside the scope of what the map was designed for why not have him tune you for your setup before complaining?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok but if you are going outside the scope of what the map was designed for why not have him tune you for your setup before complaining?
    I don't think you are getting the point. If he ran E30-40 or straight E85 on this tune the same reduced safeties would apply. He isn't complaining that the E40 tunes isn't working for E85, he is stating crazy low fuel pressure does not result in reduced power safeties kicking in.

So either RFP is the first to have the engine run happy and safe at fuel pressures that should cause misfires/timing pull, or something was desensitized.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think you are getting the point. If he ran E30-40 or straight E85 on this tune the same reduced safeties would apply. He isn't complaining that the E40 tunes isn't working for E85, he is stating crazy low fuel pressure does not result in reduced power safeties kicking in.
    I don't think you are understanding mine. If the safeties aren't in place for E40 why are you running E85 and higher boost which is outside the scope of the tunes design?

So either RFP is the first to have the engine run happy and safe at fuel pressures that should cause misfires/timing pull, or something was desensitized.
    Why can't you ask him for a map for E85 and higher boost with whatever safeties you want?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    724 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by iminhell1 Click here to enlarge
    So in a pinch I flashed Dean's hybrid E40-50 n20 map. I added load to it and upped the boost ceiling to 1.5.
    Tank of E85 pump (untested).

My HPFP will go all the way down to 5xx psi and zero timing pull or throttle closure.

And you want to talk about Wedge reducing the knock stuff?
    The flash tuning logic doesn't proactively cut boost due to fueling issues. AFR will run 18:1, low fuel pressure 40psi, high fuel pressure 600psi, fuel trims bank to bank 20% apart, etc. that's why we invented the extra JB4 safety systems in the first place to get out ahead of these things before something breaks.

Recently added a low pressure safety to the single turbo firmware at 49psi. Probably will add it to the twin turbo firmware soon too.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How about we all just get ourselves some JB4's, and not put straight E85 on a tune not made for it with an ecu that's for some reason more than happy to go 18.1 lean without cutting the motor?

This all reminds me back in the E46 MS43 days when a certain someone got mad at another someone, when he figured out how to do an EWS delete and release it for free. People get mad when you slow down their money train.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KClemente Click here to enlarge
    This all reminds me back in the E46 MS43 days when a certain someone got mad at another someone, when he figured out how to do an EWS delete and release it for free. People get mad when you slow down their money train.
    Only OG's will understand this but you nailed the analogy.

Now bring up some resistor tuning talk for real nostalgia...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOLOLOLOLO
    Open a tune and take a look. Knock sensors are stock values
    There is a reason why the tunes are unlocked

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by iminhell1 Click here to enlarge
    So in a pinch I flashed Dean's hybrid E40-50 n20 map. I added load to it and upped the boost ceiling to 1.5.
    Tank of E85 pump (untested).

My HPFP will go all the way down to 5xx psi and zero timing pull or throttle closure.

And you want to talk about Wedge reducing the knock stuff?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Careful, I reveal too much information (that's already out there) and some tuners are gonna start putting me on the blacklist!

*cough 1.2k resistor on yellow wire *cough rescale *cough maf tables

Or Audi B4 S5 maf sensor and call it a day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234