Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    138,783
    Rep Points
    41,697.7
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    417


    Yes Reputation No

    Ebay N54 TD04L 700+HP Turbo set being marketed as Pure Stage 2

    @Pure Turbos wanted me to post about this to clarify this has nothing to do with Pure Turbos or their Stage 2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-N54-TD0...pQ_lwV2pycvs68

    It's being marketed as the same thing.

    Basically, it's cheap failure prone junk so buyer beware.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Points
    1,504.0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    3 year warranty. People will be tempted
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    10.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Any one bite the bullet on these. Between his two listings it shows about 57 kits sold wit no negative feedback. Hmm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    175.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    There's a large thread on the e90post forums, seems a couple people have purchased them so far; https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1536242

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    10.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Cool I’ll check it out thanks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    773
    Rep Points
    3,106.0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    32


    Yes Reputation No
    I read the entire thread on the other forum as fast as I could. I have a headache now.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    31.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Ditto. That's 2 hours of my life i wont get back.

    They seem to be priced very well and with a 3 year warranty I can see them selling well. Be good to see some dyno runs on them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO USA
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Points
    3,443.2
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    35


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Seems pretty evident that the Ebay seller has either developed a couple screen names, or has a couple buddies vouching for him to get him going. Look a bit closer and what you have are basically 2 die hard users in that thread, both new users who do basically nothing aside for post in that thread rallying around the product and seller.

    It is a product nonetheless that is getting delivered it seems, which is at least a step ahead of Hexon towards their end. Anyway it would be nice to see some later reviews, but going to have to wait about 1-2 years before that is going to happen with any sort of meaning (especially when it comes to warranty efforts).

    Several things however are extremely clear:
    1) These are not Pure replicas or any other for that matter, but they are certainly using the basic repro OE China turbos as cores. They should not be advertising them as Pures, but probably figure it is some very good spoof advertising.
    2) They do not have their own turbo machinery. We have seen them say they are built/balanced in the UK. We have seen them provide forms that say they are built/balanced at Turbo Supply in Joplin, MO. Maybe it is both? Maybe it is neither? Who knows.
    3) We have seen them say they have yet to have a problem, yet we have had two of their customers email us stating they were having problems. One of them was on their 2nd set with a problem with less than a year had gone by, and the other was several months prior to that. Both were shipped mid'ish last year, perhaps the issues were cured?
    4) They say they have sold upwards of 200 sets, yet eBay Auction history shows less than ~75 sets with no clear indication of how many of those have shipped/canceled/etc. Not that even 40 sets shipped is bad for a new seller but it is the fact that the seller seems to largely inflate sales, alongside the claim of no issues, that is troublesome on the vendor integrity front.

    At any rate they have also name dropped every vendor, but seem to want to ride the Pure product line first and foremost and it shows despite being highly untrue. This comes as no surprise as Pure does make a fine product but it IMO is certainly not fair for Pure to get compared to an eBay seller who doesn't even build their own turbos, is not using the same housings, has no turbo balancing equipment, etc.

    Anyway take it FWIW and best of luck to those who jump onboard, but definitely know that these are not what they are claimed to be and apparently on eBay you can get away with saying whatever you wish to say with no ill repercussions.

    Rob
    Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 06-18-2019 at 11:56 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    10.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Seems pretty evident that the Ebay seller has either developed a couple screen names, or has a couple buddies vouching for him to get him going. Look a bit closer and what you have are basically 2 die hard users in that thread, both new users who do basically nothing aside for post in that thread rallying around the product and seller.

    Rob
    After the last few post the 2 “random” dudes posted I have to say that I agree with you Rob, the seller definitely controls those accounts smh.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    31.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Agreed ^

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    866
    Rep Points
    543.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Rob said this should be posted in this thread as I was confusing eBay turbo offerings, for which I apologize:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    This guy is pretty competent and will document honestly what goes wrong with these, if anything. This is the reveal/unboxing post. Installation kit looks complete and evidently is included.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    866
    Rep Points
    543.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Installation thread with subframe removal.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    23
    Rep Points
    66.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    What would be more interesting is that someone who buys these Ebay turbos does a breakdown on them to reveal all the internal specs...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    138,783
    Rep Points
    41,697.7
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    417



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Installation thread with subframe removal.
    So Dynamics Autowerks is this Ebay stuff?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    23
    Rep Points
    66.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Dynamic Autowerx is now their name, they had domainname issues. They are a so called USA turbo company but advertise on Ebay.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    866
    Rep Points
    543.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jerain Click here to enlarge
    What would be more interesting is that someone who buys these Ebay turbos does a breakdown on them to reveal all the internal specs...
    Just a straight bolt-up and a Ken Wedge tune. What could go wrong?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO USA
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Points
    3,443.2
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    35


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jerain Click here to enlarge
    Dynamic Autowerx is now their name, they had domainname issues. They are a so called USA turbo company but advertise on Ebay.
    Outsourced China turbo, literally top to bottom and side to side. Very evident if you simply look at the castings, same entire shell you get for ~$999 on Alibaba. This is not entirely unheard of as a couple other popular N54 vendors use these same "cores" as well, and we could have jumped onboard as well several years back if cutting corners (and costs a bit) was of great interest.

    However it has some tech tweaks and is claimed to be assembled in the USA, however outsourced to other facilities to balance as they have no turbo balancing equipment of their own. Don't mean to hate as we've been there and done that 5+ years ago; but it did land us in more troubles not having the entire grip on QC as compared to when we did thereafter. Thank god those days are long gone.

    In short it is ALWAYS better off spending a bit more for more authentic stuff, balanced/machined by those with their own equipment all with minimal tasks outsourced... if you care much about having utmost QC on your products anyway.

    Made the point above but will again as it bears repeating: It is extremely slimy of this guy to claim it is a Pure Turbo product when it clearly is not.

    Rob

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    18.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I remember comming across that thread awhile ago and reading what a mess it is. Pretty obvious they're trying to advertise their ebay turbos.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    23
    Rep Points
    66.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Outsourced China turbo, literally top to bottom and side to side. Very evident if you simply look at the castings, same entire shell you get for ~$999 on Alibaba. This is not entirely unheard of as a couple other popular N54 vendors use these same "cores" as well, and we could have jumped onboard as well several years back if cutting corners (and costs a bit) was of great interest.

    However it has some tech tweaks and is claimed to be assembled in the USA, however outsourced to other facilities to balance as they have no turbo balancing equipment of their own. Don't mean to hate as we've been there and done that 5+ years ago; but it did land us in more troubles not having the entire grip on QC as compared to when we did thereafter. Thank god those days are long gone.

    In short it is ALWAYS better off spending a bit more for more authentic stuff, balanced/machined by those with their own equipment all with minimal tasks outsourced... if you care much about having utmost QC on your products anyway.

    Made the point above but will again as it bears repeating: It is extremely slimy of this guy to claim it is a Pure Turbo product when it clearly is not.

    Rob
    Well nowadays the internet is flushed with "ebay" and "chinese" turbos, a potential customer doesn't know the difference anymore... Also some big turbo builder don't give away the full specs of components so it's very hard to fully compare full units...
    On their site (dynamicautowerx) they at least say they are fully balanced, but hey also ebay/china turbos claim they are balanced.

    KEY FEATURES

    • TD04L 9 Blade Ultra Flow Inconel Turbine Wheel (30% More Blade Surface Area Than The 11 & 12 Blade Wheel)
    • 17.5T 6x6 Billet Compressor Wheel With Extended Tip Technology
    • Oem Wastegate Actuators with Updated Thicker Rod, Billet End Link & Upgraded Billet Wastegate Pivot Arm Assembly
    • Upgraded Dual Oil Port Thrust Assembly Machined From Copper Bar
    • Upgraded Thrust Collar & Spacer (14mm vs 10mm)
    • Component Balanced, Dynamic Balanced Than Vsr Balanced Using a State Of The Art Balancing Machine, Avg 0.5mg Or Less
    • Upgraded Staggered Turbine Rings
    • Upgraded 2" Compressor Cover Inlets (2" Silicone Inlets Required)
    • No Cores Needed
    • Tune Required!
    • 3 Year Limited Warranty


    For me it's just finding the difference to spend 1k on full chinese or around 2k for let's say half chinese a difficult one to judge if you don't know the FULL turbo characteristics and components...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO USA
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Points
    3,443.2
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    35


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jerain Click here to enlarge
    Well nowadays the internet is flushed with "ebay" and "chinese" turbos, a potential customer doesn't know the difference anymore... Also some big turbo builder don't give away the full specs of components so it's very hard to fully compare full units...
    On their site (dynamicautowerx) they at least say they are fully balanced, but hey also ebay/china turbos claim they are balanced.

    KEY FEATURES

    • TD04L 9 Blade Ultra Flow Inconel Turbine Wheel (30% More Blade Surface Area Than The 11 & 12 Blade Wheel)
    • 17.5T 6x6 Billet Compressor Wheel With Extended Tip Technology
    • Oem Wastegate Actuators with Updated Thicker Rod, Billet End Link & Upgraded Billet Wastegate Pivot Arm Assembly
    • Upgraded Dual Oil Port Thrust Assembly Machined From Copper Bar
    • Upgraded Thrust Collar & Spacer (14mm vs 10mm)
    • Component Balanced, Dynamic Balanced Than Vsr Balanced Using a State Of The Art Balancing Machine, Avg 0.5mg Or Less
    • Upgraded Staggered Turbine Rings
    • Upgraded 2" Compressor Cover Inlets (2" Silicone Inlets Required)
    • No Cores Needed
    • Tune Required!
    • 3 Year Limited Warranty


    For me it's just finding the difference to spend 1k on full chinese or around 2k for let's say half chinese a difficult one to judge if you don't know the FULL turbo characteristics and components...
    Got to love claims. Over 10 years now in this platform and have seen at least 10 turbo vendors appear with tons of those claims, most every one tends to fade out once customers start to put together the pieces within some few'ish number of years.

    Most of these guys just read what others are doing, attempt or claim to do the same thing (or usually "do it better" somehow with less experience/equipment/knowledge); but ultimately still do a half ass job to cut costs as cheaper price tags and big claims is what's most important to garner consumer attention to make the quick sales. While the years will weed them out, a new sprout always seems to pop up right in their place. With that here is your new blossom, do with it as you will.

    Rob
    Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 07-17-2019 at 09:45 AM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    150
    Rep Points
    220.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Not sure about that make but the AliExpress ispeedytech turbos have been excellent so far for many of us.
    335I 518whp, Chinesium FCBO. AliExpress 16t turbos. JE forged pistons, FCP engineering forged rods, king sv bearings, Vargas spline lock crank hub built block.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO USA
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Points
    3,443.2
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    35


    Yes Reputation No
    Looks like these guys already have a Stage "4" setup now. Pretty crazy stock repro housings yet an all new platform stage level. Gotta love the IQ's flowing through this platform these days.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    150
    Rep Points
    220.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Looks like these guys already have a Stage "4" setup now. Pretty crazy stock repro housings yet an all new platform stage level. Gotta love the IQ's flowing through this platform these days.
    Lol is that a dig?
    335I 518whp, Chinesium FCBO. AliExpress 16t turbos. JE forged pistons, FCP engineering forged rods, king sv bearings, Vargas spline lock crank hub built block.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO USA
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Points
    3,443.2
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    35


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by threetirtyfive Click here to enlarge
    Lol is that a dig?
    At you? If you are responsible for naming some $800 China OE repro housing hybrid setup with an all new platform level of Stage 4's, then yes, 100% a dig directly at you. If not your doing then it is at the parties involved with it, and those who run with it like it is a real thing.

    Rob

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    150
    Rep Points
    220.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    At you? If you are responsible for naming some $800 China OE repro housing hybrid setup with an all new platform level of Stage 4's, then yes, 100% a dig directly at you. If not your doing then it is at the parties involved with it, and those who run with it like it is a real thing.

    Rob
    Personally my view is the stages are BS and it's a comparison within a single manufacturer. Not an overall setup for a car, as implied by The Fast and The Furious or NFS.
    But whether the Chinese turbos are reproductions of some other turbos or not, they've served well so far.
    335I 518whp, Chinesium FCBO. AliExpress 16t turbos. JE forged pistons, FCP engineering forged rods, king sv bearings, Vargas spline lock crank hub built block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •