Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410


    Yes Reputation No

    Comparing ESS VT2-625 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharged output vs. the Gintani Stage X supercharger kit on a Mustang dyno

    ESS-Tuning made their name in the BMW aftermarket with superchargers and questionable marketing on forums. Even today you can go on on a certain forum and the replies telling you what the best E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit is will likely all blindly point to ESS-Tuning. Money can and will buy that kind of advertising on certain forums.

    Click here to enlarge

    Yet, for some reason Gintani and not ESS has custom tuned kits built around an upgraded S65 fuel system and ethanol. It takes far more skill to upgrade the fuel system and custom tune to extract the maximum out of the stock internal S65 V8 than simply tuning a lower boost kit not pushing any limits.

    Need proof? Here it is.

    Look at this Solo Motorsports tuned (not an OTS file) E92 M3 with an ESS VT2-625 supercharger kit:

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    492 wheel horsepower is very nice output.

    It just is not impressive when compared against the stock internal world record holding BimmerBoost.com E92 M3 with a Gintani Stage X kit on E85:

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    A difference of 171 wheel horsepower on a Mustang dyno is night and day.

    Yes, the Gintani Stage X requires headers and an upgraded fuel system but considering you are getting roughly 200 whp more if measured on a Dynojet the Stage X shows a whole new level of skill and capability. The Vortech T-Trim head unit also has more headroom than the V3si ESS chooses.

    As a reminder, the stock internal 1/4 mile record also belongs to Gintani on the E9X S65 V8 platform with a 10.3 @ 136 pass that BimmerBoost.com hopes to improve on at the May 5 BoostAddict.com Drag Day.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    408
    Rep Points
    472.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky,

    I'll post a picture of this cars OTS file. If I am not mistaken on this one it picked up 40-50+ to the wheels.

    These cars love octane, not denying the gains at all what a great accomplishment. We'd love to go 'stage X' on any of these with E85. Just look at S54's for comparison, with E85 on that same dyno at 12psi - they are hitting 515whp - and 625whp on a local dynojet same car

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Points
    2,377.5
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Points
    66.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How do you even make this post with a serious intention? You are comparing companies top tier blower with a full fuel system upgrade on kill vs a companies budget kit on on pump gas. This is pathetic. Not one person thinks the ess625 is the best kit on the market. It is good for it's price point though. $20k build vs a $8k build. Lol. Such a joke. Apples to Oranges.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Points
    2,377.5
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    The 625 makes like 6.5 lbs of boost. What is Gintani at?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    -15.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not sure how this can be taken seriously. Ess 625kit in general on pump 93 make 530whp. My personal car made 565whp on pump 93. Ess does not recommend their top tier kit for pump gas stock motor cars, and that is their choice. But comparing a 8k setup on pump to a 20k setup on e85 is completely silly to say the least. Not to mention a car thatís factory headers vs a aftermarket larger long tube car. I like that gintani offeres custom setups and that is nice. How ever stage 2 .5 put down in ratio the same numbaers as a 650kit from Ess so why compare stage that not in the same area for a comparison of company versus company top tier. Itís no where near apples to apples. The highest out put gintani car on a dyno jet is a sal with 726whp. He is stock motor. The highest matching tier car from Ess is a low compression build from
    img that made 785whp.

    ess 625kit
    vortech v3 blower


    gintani stage 2
    vortech v3 blower.



    dyning these setups back to back is a example of tuning and support by each company. Not sure whatís the point at making jabs towards companies.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    I'll post a picture of this cars OTS file. If I am not mistaken on this one it picked up 40-50+ to the wheels.
    That's right. Just goes to further show ESS OTS tuning is nothing to write home about.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maristgrad09 Click here to enlarge
    How do you even make this post with a serious intention? You are comparing companies top tier blower with a full fuel system upgrade on kill vs a companies budget kit on on pump gas.
    How do you even make this point? The ESS VT1-550 is their 'budget' kit not the VT2-625. The VT2-650 is their top kit but guess what? Even that doesn't stack up against the Stage X.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maristgrad09 Click here to enlarge
    This is pathetic.
    What's pathetic is ESS has nothing to compare. I'd love to do your fantasy comparison of equal ESS offering to equal Gintani offering but the ESS product doesn't exist.

    That's the point that flew over your head.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maristgrad09 Click here to enlarge
    It is good for it's price point though. $20k build vs a $8k build. Lol. Such a joke. Apples to Oranges.
    I love fanboy math. Conveniently overlooking that to hit the claimed ESS output you need the exhaust they recommend so once added in the difference isn't as large as you tried to make it. Then you need a custom tune. So the difference is what, $5k in the real world? I'd rather just pay the money for the better setup. Gee guess what? I did.

    Regardless, Gintani has an upgraded fuel system with custom ethanol tuning and ESS doesn't. Period.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Not sure how this can be taken seriously.
    Easily. Look a the output difference.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    My personal car made 565whp on pump 93.
    Whoopty doo.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    But comparing a 8k setup on pump to a 20k setup on e85 is completely silly to say the least.
    Here we have another fanboy conveniently leaving out you need an exhaust and actually ESS recommends a cat delete with an exhaust to hit their quoted output.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    gintani stage 2
    vortech v3 blower.
    Back in 2009 I was running a T-Trim with the Stage 2+ just like I'm running a T-Trim with the Gintani Stage X. ESS doesn't even offer multiple head unit options.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    The highest out put gintani car on a dyno jet is a sal with 726whp.
    Uh no, that would be me when I ran a YSI (did ESS ever get one running?) making well into the 900's on a low compression built motor. Way back in 2013: https://www.bimmerboost.com/content....raph-and-video

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what’s the point at making jabs towards companies.
    The point is facts are posted. The numbers are what they are.

    If they make you uncomfortable stick to forum racing as you won't be happy with the real world results.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    -15.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Forum racing?

    I hold the stock motor sedan record in the 1/4 in a full interior car lol on 19s. You over here racing with a dyno sheets lol. My m3 is nothing but a daily for me. I have other cars that make any s65 car look like it’s sitting stil from any of the 5 company’ that produce blowers for them. If you think a e9xm3 is some earth shattering Fast or quick car you are already behind the curve there.

    secondly

    Comparing decat to long tube headers for results speaks to your lack of knowledge for the diffence in gains from either.

    it doesn’t matter what kit you buy you should have a decatted exhuast for relieving back pressure as it is the killer of blower cars.

    You conparing a a 8k blower kit on 93 to a 20k on e85 literally makes no sense what’s so ever. 20k does not include headers that is the cost of a stage x kit components and fuel system for full e85 gintani produces and then install. Has nothing to do with buying headers.

    So calling me a fan boy for pointing out your bad comparisons doesn’t make me a fan boy. Jumping to the lack of disrespect doesn’t help your case.
    third

    vt3 kits are still purchasable from Ess for those who care to actually go that route. That is a call in special request. And can be sent out in less than 3 weeks. The vt3 came with v2 ti blowers, the new generation are offered with a newer head unit offered by Ess.

    One of those vt3 kits being the current record holding over all for the e9xm chassis and with out using lc for the run at a that in the 1/4 with a 10.2 at 140 mph.


    4th I could care less what company someone buy s a kit from. As on pump 93 they all make in the same area with 10-20whp difference from each. The difference in the power out put comes from the details in the tune purchased. Gintani is willing to do revision while the others out side of the vt3 level are designed to be off the shelf setups. I have friends with gintani kits, active kits and vf kits. Make no difference what one someone buys. Do I think ess is the most simplici for install? Yes because I’ve installed the others and it just happens that by design Ess is a quicker install. With active being the longest.

    It really seems like you have more more of an issue with the company over something really petty. You one compare not even a 650kit but possible the lowest numbers car you can search to make this arguement

    5th
    you aren’t even on the same motor as the previous setup because it blew up. Doing some we think it would make this or that if we rev’d it out but didn’t sounds like some ricer talk. The car never made over 800. Simple.

    6th the 565 my car made on pump wasn’t on any type of special tune. It wasn’t even by Ess. I did nothing to make more power other than in my own personal choice purchase larger 57lb injectors instead of the smaller set Ess and active offer in their kits.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    I hold the stock motor sedan record in the 1/4 in a full interior car lol on 19s.
    Whoopty doo.

    What's your time?

    Next you'll tell me how you're the fastest blue E90 M3 that was built on a Tuesday.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    You over here racing with a dyno sheets lol.
    Does that look like a dyno sheet? https://www.bimmerboost.com/content....d-second-place

    I was setting records on this platform before you scraped up enough change to buy one.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    My m3 is nothing but a daily for me. I have other cars that make any s65 car look like it’s sitting stil from any of the 5 company’ that produce blowers for them. If you think a e9xm3 is some earth shattering Fast or quick car you are already behind the curve there.
    My M3 isn't my daily and it's hardly the pride of the garage.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Comparing decat to long tube headers for results speaks to your lack of knowledge for the diffence in gains from either.

    it doesn’t matter what kit you buy you should have a decatted exhuast for relieving back pressure as it is the killer of blower cars.
    I didn't compare a decat I said ESS states you need an exhaust so therefore you were attempting to make the price difference look larger than it is in reality. Not that I care. I can afford the better setup.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    You conparing a a 8k blower kit on 93 to a 20k on e85 literally makes no sense what’s so ever. 20k does not include headers that is the cost of a stage x kit components and fuel system for full e85 gintani produces and then install. Has nothing to do with buying headers.
    What doesn't make sense? That you can't comprehend it and need to sit here making excuses?

    I'm sorry ESS can't tune an E85 setup or build an ethanol capable fuel system. Take it up with them.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    So calling me a fan boy for pointing out your bad comparisons doesn’t make me a fan boy. Jumping to the lack of disrespect doesn’t help your case.
    third
    I did not claim to be making a direct comparison because it is impossible to do so anyway as ESS doesn't have anything comparable. I'm showing how much greater the output is with the Gintani Stage X than than the regular kits most people are accustomed to. Sorry you're not understanding that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    vt3 kits are still purchasable from Ess for those who care to actually go that route. That is a call in special request. And can be sent out in less than 3 weeks. The vt3 came with v2 ti blowers, the new generation are offered with a newer head unit offered by Ess.
    Sure they are. They just pulled them off the market because their custom tuning is soooo great: https://www.bimmerboost.com/content....lure-diagnosis

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    One of those vt3 kits being the current record holding over all for the e9xm chassis and with out using lc for the run at a that in the 1/4 with a 10.2 at 140 mph.
    So you have to build a low compression stroker motor to get ahead of where Gintani is on the stock internals? I thought you cared about cost because the cost just suddenly swayed to way more expensive for an ESS setup.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    I have friends with gintani kits, active kits and vf kits.
    I'm amazed you have friends.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    It really seems like you have more more of an issue with the company over something really petty. You one compare not even a 650kit but possible the lowest numbers car you can search to make this arguement
    Oh look someone is discovering how Mustang dynos work.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    you aren’t even on the same motor as the previous setup because it blew up. Doing some we think it would make this or that if we rev’d it out but didn’t sounds like some ricer talk. The car never made over 800. Simple.
    I'm on a stock motor. I pushed further than anyone else on a built motor.

    The fact you can't do math and can barely spell shows why you don't understand that horsepower is torque x rpm / 5252.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    he 565 my car made on pump wasn’t on any type of special tune. It wasn’t even by Ess. I did nothing to make more power other than in my own personal choice purchase larger 57lb injectors instead of the smaller set Ess and active offer in their kits.
    Your car sucks. Your tune sucks. Your kit sucks. Your post sucks. ESS sucks.

    End of story.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    -15.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whoopty doo.

    What's your time?

    Next you'll tell me how you're the fastest blue E90 M3 that was built on a Tuesday.
    Has said car run at any track as of yet? No right? So when it does let me know what it does full weight on pump and get back to me with that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

    Does that look like a dyno sheet? https://www.bimmerboost.com/content....d-second-place

    I was setting records on this platform before you scraped up enough change to buy one.
    Scraped enough change to buy one? guy must have me confused attempting count pockets of those who you clearly don't know.

    Funny how 800whp cars only doing 160 by what you say yet 500whp cars were traping that at the wanna go fast true standing dig race half mile. So your speculations here continue to bring about questions.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I didn't compare a decat I said ESS states you need an exhaust so therefore you were attempting to make the price difference look larger than it is in reality. Not that I care. I can afford the better setup.
    Lets try this one more time since you clearly failed at reading comprehension 8k is only the blower kit from ess, 20k from gintani is the Blower kit and Fuel system . NO WHERE in that was exhaust mentioned for cost. toward either.

    So no the difference in price actually is that big as Blower kit alone not even mentioning the supporting fuel system is DOUBLE the cost of the kit you choose to compare.

    Any supercharged car compared to another of the same kit show a district difference in power having long tube vs being on factory headers. This is very common knowledge among e9x owners. which further shows the difference in the cars that this isn't even a direct comparion blower to blower setup. its not even a comparison of fueling. When it also known these cars love octane.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

    So you have to build a low compression stroker motor to get ahead of where Gintani is on the stock internals? I thought you cared about cost because the cost just suddenly swayed to way more expensive for an ESS setup.

    I'm on a stock motor. I pushed further than anyone else on a built motor.

    Your built setup made 773. The ESS Built setup from IMG made 785 lol.. So again where have you pushed the platform further on built motor? ( I guess you didn't realize 785 is more than 773)

    The overall record holder in the 1/4 as of right now until sal runs next week is a ESS kit trapping 140mph at 10.2 that didn't even use launch control. The car is still running right now. where is your built motor? (you have not run any where near this)

    Karlmotorsports as well

    Another company who made more than you did on a built motor setup. a team that actually tracks their cars.

    so now we are up to three cars but yet you claimed you've done more than any one else. ????


    What confuses me is you hold personnel grudges with a company down to even the customers which is kinda funny. You're so wrapped up in a company that you threw money at for a build that if anyone does anything that competes with that you attempted to $#@! on it. Even with crap that's over 5 years old. when does one move on with it lol. Fact is if a Ess kit went 9s tomorrow you would look for a jab to make at it instead of just being happy about the progress of the platform it self. That's toxic as heck how you seem to miss that I have no clue. You literally would be the defined example of a fan boy if you want to call someone that.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Points
    66.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lol no matter how many fake records you claim you have which were proven wrong by Properstyle, you are still the biggest joke with not one person in the car community that likes you. It’s very clear why. It takes a lot for Terry to but heads with someone. Say what you want about not caring about that but it does mean something.

    This compairson is an an absolute joke and this thread should be deleted. Literally $8k vs $20k not including $6k for a proper headers setup. You have got to be kidding me.

    On a a serious note, do you genuinely feel that this is a proper apples to apples comparison? C’mon man. One kit is way more than double the price of the other kit.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Points
    2,377.5
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Your car sucks. Your tune sucks. Your kit sucks. Your post sucks. ESS sucks.
    Click here to enlarge

    I understand you are bull$#@!, you should be. You gave Gintani a car and after 4+ years and spent a boatload I imagine just to have them tell you sorry you need a 25k+ billet block, this is the best you get unless you spend even more money and another 2 years of time with us. I mean their twin turbos, which I assume they used your car as a test bed for, no one is rocking right?

    But seriously until you break some records with you car as it is now set up I think the guys above are right in that the HP, 1/4, 1/2 records are no longer yours etc.

    Also, that comparison is completely apples to oranges and just makes it look like you have something against ESS when if you should be bull$#@! at anyone it is Gintani.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I understand you are bull$#@!, you should be. You gave Gintani a car and after 4+ years and spent a boatload I imagine just to have them tell you sorry you need a 25k+ billet block, this is the best you get unless you spend even more money and another 2 years of time with us. I mean their twin turbos, which I assume they used your car as a test bed for, no one is rocking right?
    What hate? Upset about about what? Having the strongest stock internal E92 M3 on the planet?

    You need a billet block if you want to go big. No different than many other platforms. GTR, Huracan, etc.

    No idea why you are assuming anything regarding turbos when that was done on their shop car or why you are even talking when you don't know anything on the subject.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    But seriously until you break some records with you car as it is now set up I think the guys above are right in that the HP, 1/4, 1/2 records are no longer yours etc.
    Um I still pushed for those records and the platform. What have you done? Nothing.

    I still hold the stock internal record. That is a new record.

    Why don't you do something other than type?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Also, that comparison is completely apples to oranges and just makes it look like you have something against ESS when if you should be bull$#@! at anyone it is Gintani.
    Apples to oranges? It's two kits on a stock internal S65. How is it apples and oranges? Because one is much better? Sorry the disparity is so large due to a superior tune and setup. That's the whole point of the comparison.

    Also why should I be mad at Gintani? For what? For BMW choosing an alusil block?

    Run along kid.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maristgrad09 Click here to enlarge
    Lol no matter how many fake records you claim you have which were proven wrong by Properstyle, you are still the biggest joke with not one person in the car community that likes you. It’s very clear why. It takes a lot for Terry to but heads with someone. Say what you want about not caring about that but it does mean something.
    Huh? Terry's been a vendor here for over 8 years. You clearly are a moron.

    I have no idea what a fake record is but I've been doing this and setting records on the platform a hell of a lot longer than either of you.

    Nobody likes me? Yet so many of them pay me. Weird. Who are you again? Nobody.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maristgrad09 Click here to enlarge
    This compairson is an an absolute joke and this thread should be deleted. Literally $8k vs $20k not including $6k for a proper headers setup. You have got to be kidding me.
    Two Vortech kits on a stock internal S65 V8. It should be deleted because it makes ESS look like crap you mean.

    You fanboys are delusional.

    So when someone compares different kits for the same motor anywhere else it makes sense for consumers to get the info but not on the S65 V8 when Gintani is obviously showing a huge advantage over ESS?

    It's two Vortech kits on the same motor LOL. Oh no one has headers. You can put headers on the ESS setup too but guess what? The gains won't be there as it isn't flowing as much air.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maristgrad09 Click here to enlarge
    On a a serious note, do you genuinely feel that this is a proper apples to apples comparison? C’mon man. One kit is way more than double the price of the other kit.
    On a serious note I think it's hilarious you're making excuses.

    Two kits, same dyno type, same supercharger type, same supercharger company producing the head unit, on the exact same motor. That's a pretty damn good comparison. The fact one is so far ahead of the other shows exactly what the comparison was for.

    Look at the ESS fanboys getting their panties in a twist because their kit and tuning is exposed as inferior. Hilarious!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Funny how 800whp cars only doing 160 by what you say yet 500whp cars were traping that at the wanna go fast true standing dig race half mile. So your speculations here continue to bring about questions.
    Oh all times and conditions were created equal I guess. Seriously, this is your point? At the same time, same place, no ESS kit was within 10 miles per hour of my car. Explain that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Lets try this one more time since you clearly failed at reading comprehension 8k is only the blower kit from ess, 20k from gintani is the Blower kit and Fuel system . NO WHERE in that was exhaust mentioned for cost. toward either.
    Both kits include the sc, manifold, and associated parts. The difference is the fuel system, higher boost, and ethanol tuning.

    A higher boost pulley costs just as much as a regular pulley. No cost difference.

    The Stage X isn't $20k either and the ARH headers are optional. You can add them to an ESS kit if you want to or even a stock car.

    The ESS canned tune is poor as this entire thread shows so you need a custom tune which adds to the cost of that kit.

    If you were to add a fuel system to the VT2 setups it would cost just as much. The thing is, ESS doesn't have an ethanol fuel system or tune. Not my problem.

    Want a fuel system for ethanol? Pay for it. Or don't. If you want the power pay for the power. Or don't and have less power. Pretty simple.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Your built setup made 773. The ESS Built setup from IMG made 785 lol.. So again where have you pushed the platform further on built motor? ( I guess you didn't realize 785 is more than 773)
    Um IMG blew his motor trying to play with correction factors just to top a 773 figure on a graph that my car hit nowhere near redline. Only an idiot who can't read graphs would think his car was making more power. So, that would be you.

    My ysi setup made 886 wheel horsepower. Nobody was even close. 8400 rpm x 554 lb-ft / 5252 = 886 wheel horsepower.

    The only person who claims a V3si could outflow a YSI is you.

    Even if you want to pretend math doesn't exist my setup made more torque than anyone else. Go ahead and ignore that too.

    A V3si isn't topping a YSI genius. Yet another reason Gintani is crushing ESS on the S85 as well. Care to explain why ESS is getting their ass kicked there too by a few hundred whp: https://www.boostaddict.com/content....S85-V10-E63-M6

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    The overall record holder in the 1/4 as of right now until sal runs next week is a ESS kit trapping 140mph at 10.2 that didn't even use launch control. The car is still running right now. where is your built motor? (you have not run any where near this)
    Once again a built motor car vs. a stock internal car.

    It's not apples to apples for some reason to compare two stock internal kits when Gintani is tons of whp ahead but it's fair to compare a built motor stroker motor to a stock internal Gintani car as long as the built motor stroker is running ESS? Huh? Hypocrite? Maybe get your story straight?

    The fact the built motor stroker car is barely ahead of a stock internal Gintani Stage X proves the point entirely about how much better Gintani's supercharger kit and tuning is.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    What confuses me is you hold personnel grudges with a company down to even the customers which is kinda funny. You're so wrapped up in a company that you threw money at for a build that if anyone does anything that competes with that you attempted to $#@! on it. Even with crap that's over 5 years old. when does one move on with it lol. Fact is if a Ess kit went 9s tomorrow you would look for a jab to make at it instead of just being happy about the progress of the platform it self. That's toxic as heck how you seem to miss that I have no clue. You literally would be the defined example of a fan boy if you want to call someone that.
    I've done more for the platform than anyone else. The fact you think I hate on progress is laughable when I've pushed considerable progress myself from the NA days to today.

    You're the toxic person attempting to ruin a perfectly fair comparison of two S65 SC kits. Frankly, even if we were comparing turbos to a supercharger it would be fair as the whole point would be to show the difference.

    Funny, nobody complained about this comparison: https://www.bimmerboost.com/content....5-psi-of-boost

    The only reason you are $#@!ing is because Gintani holds the stock internal records and not ESS. The only reason you're mad is because it is my car.

    You have no coherent argument. You have no point. You're irrelevant.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Points
    2,377.5
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Jesus you have issues.
    With morons who don't know the platform or what they're talking about, definitely.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    -15.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge


    Both kits include the sc, manifold, and associated parts. The difference is the fuel system, higher boost, and ethanol tuning.

    A higher boost pulley costs just as much as a regular pulley. No cost difference.

    The Stage X isn't $20k either and the ARH headers are optional. You can add them to an ESS kit if you want to or even a stock car.

    The ESS canned tune is poor as this entire thread shows so you need a custom tune which adds to the cost of that kit.

    If you were to add a fuel system to the VT2 setups it would cost just as much. The thing is, ESS doesn't have an ethanol fuel system or tune. Not my problem.

    Want a fuel system for ethanol? Pay for it. Or don't. If you want the power pay for the power. Or don't and have less power. Pretty simple.
    What lol... The fuel system from gintani is 3800 injectors included. Some how 8k plus 3800 is not 20k there bud. The gintani 2.5k which is only V3si plus meth alone is 14k that is kit only nothing more. The x kit right now is 20k with fuel system special order. So like I said the kit before fueling even considered is DOUBLE the kit you are even trying to compare it to. ONCE again headers were never mention in cost AT ALL. You tried to make it sound like such to defend the price when the fact is they are not part of it.

    Differences of the kit are Head unit. Fueling. tuning is a mute point as any tuner can be the one to do it. Ginitani will tune ess kits, so will RKtunes, BPM, IMG, TTFS, ACTIVE, Marketmotors, the list goes on.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Um IMG blew his motor trying to play with correction factors just to top a 773 figure on a graph that my car hit nowhere near redline. Only an idiot who can't read graphs would think his car was making more power. So, that would be you.

    My ysi setup made 886 wheel horsepower. Nobody was even close. 8400 rpm x 554 lb-ft / 5252 = 886 wheel horsepower.

    The only person who claims a V3si could outflow a YSI is you.
    You still mentioned V3SI when The VT3 Kit is not V3 SI blower any longer and hasn't been for some time its a V2Trim lol.. The IMG car is on a VT3 kit V2TI blower car. The funny thing about cars even e9x.A car being on a ride to a higher number on the dyno does not always make the number. Just funny your car never saw a Dyno of 800 anything but you speculate what you HOPE it made at that RPM. The number of dynos I've watch with cars going table top at 7400 rpm as they reach efficiently rating of the blower at that RPM. You keep assuming you made 860 but you did not. that is just the fact.

    Funny a car only making 690whp later ran your same mph lol. but yeah you made 860whp lol. I'm sleep.

    Correction factor is the number released after a dyno run. It has nothing to do with the cars motor living or not. Dyno jets during that time were not load bearing so the fact you just used that as how someone blew a motor shows you actually have no clue how a dyno works. Period. I can take a run from any car and make changes to uncorrected reading and watch the number change how much is changes comes from present day weather condition that the dyno takes in to account when running in STD vs SAE.. Fact is I don't have to do any more runs to do so. So you made that part perfectly clear you don't know what you are talking about.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

    Even if you want to pretend math doesn't exist my setup made more torque than anyone else. Go ahead and ignore that too.

    A V3si isn't topping a YSI genius. Yet another reason Gintani is crushing ESS on the S85 as well. Care to explain why ESS is getting their ass kicked there too by a few hundred whp: https://www.boostaddict.com/content....S85-V10-E63-M6



    Once again a built motor car vs. a stock internal car.

    It's not apples to apples for some reason to compare two stock internal kits when Gintani is tons of whp ahead but it's fair to compare a built motor stroker motor to a stock internal Gintani car as long as the built motor stroker is running ESS? Huh? Hypocrite? Maybe get your story straight?

    The fact the built motor stroker car is barely ahead of a stock internal Gintani Stage X proves the point entirely about how much better Gintani's supercharger kit and tuning is.
    First I would just be saying congrats for ginatni putting out those numbers on stock block second I would never make the comparison of a built motor car to a stock internal car. I don't; care what kit its running. See thats the problem you are wrapped around the axles over ess when I could carless what someone runs. Even ess owners find comparing 625kit to other vt3 kits retarded because its a not apples to oranges. Especially one requires a fuel system.

    You are so over the top with your assumptions. I have friends running ginatni kits and I happy for them when they can make a goal they are after. There is a group of about 12 of us with no one having any issue with each other or the companies each used but yet that is your only topic.

    Notice you didn't compare a Gintani stage 2 kit which is equal to the 625kit? You are that one customers that makes it a point to make it company vs company while everyone else is out for the love the platform and progress. It's bad when even the some of the top ess guys


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I've done more for the platform than anyone else. The fact you think I hate on progress is laughable when I've pushed considerable progress myself from the NA days to today.

    You're the toxic person attempting to ruin a perfectly fair comparison of two S65 SC kits. Frankly, even if we were comparing turbos to a supercharger it would be fair as the whole point would be to show the difference.

    Funny, nobody complained about this comparison: https://www.bimmerboost.com/content....5-psi-of-boost
    How dumb do you sound right now lol.. Why would any person complain about seeing the difference of a blower vs a turbo at the SAME boost stock motor. This comparison shows how power comes in on a turbo setup vs a blower setup and how much more tq is made. The whole point of the comparison is to show dynamic difference on between the two with the same COMPANY and same TUNER same DYNO and same FUEL.

    Its not a this company vs that company post like what you made here. How you seem to miss that is actually kinda of mind boggling. You looked for the lowest reading numbers of a kit to use as your comparison for you of not even the same blower or fuel or dyno. nothing about this comparison even make sense.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The only reason you are $#@!ing is because Gintani holds the stock internal records and not ESS. The only reason you're mad is because it is my car.

    You have no coherent argument. You have no point. You're irrelevant.
    My car has never even had a ESS tune lol. None of my 3 M3s have had their tune. that's what makes this so much funnier and show you really have no clue.

    Why would I be mad about ginanti holding the stock block record when my friends car is the one who holds that via a DYNO JET. Sal and I talk daily lol. hell he just made a post about my car on IG lol. you have no clue what you are talking about. He also hold the over all stock block 1/4 record which he will break against this upcoming week or so.

    Gzimi made the was the vs V3si Kit car ginatni did on full e85 and everyone was glad to see the progress his car made and the number of cars his car beat.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    What lol... The fuel system from gintani is 3800 injectors included. Some how 8k plus 3800 is not 20k there bud. The gintani 2.5k which is only V3si plus meth alone is 14k that is kit only nothing more. The x kit right now is 20k with fuel system special order. So like I said the kit before fueling even considered is DOUBLE the kit you are even trying to compare it to. ONCE again headers were never mention in cost AT ALL. You tried to make it sound like such to defend the price when the fact is they are not part of it.
    The X is not $20k and hasn't been for a while. Anyone can call up Gintani and see for themselves.

    Either way, a fuel system costs money. ESS doesn't have one. Want a fuel system for ethanol? Pay for it. What, you want free things?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Differences of the kit are Head unit. Fueling. tuning is a mute point as any tuner can be the one to do it. Ginitani will tune ess kits, so will RKtunes, BPM, IMG, TTFS, ACTIVE, Marketmotors, the list goes on.
    You mean moot point, not mute genius.

    Gintani includes their custom tuning with their kit. ESS gives you a crappy OTS file. That's a pretty big difference considering you need a custom tune to even get the most out of the ESS setup to begin with. And yes, a custom dyno tune costs money.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Just funny your car never saw a Dyno of 800 anything but you speculate what you HOPE it made at that RPM. The number of dynos I've watch with cars going table top at 7400 rpm as they reach efficiently rating of the blower at that RPM. You keep assuming you made 860 but you did not. that is just the fact.
    Um this was in the days before solid DCT upgrades. It's not speculation, the car set a 1/2 mile record on low boost.

    Horsepower doesn't just only appear on the dyno. Believe it or not, your car is actually making power when you drive it on the street even you haven't dyno'd it. Shocking.

    It's not an assumption it made over 800. Frankly, it's a conservative estimate as torque is still rising toward redline. I can't help you if you don't understand horsepower is torque x rpm / 5252.

    Even if you can't process basic math there is no arguing with my car making more torque than anyone else with another 1500 rpm to go.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Correction factor is the number released after a dyno run. It has nothing to do with the cars motor living or not. Dyno jets during that time were not load bearing so the fact you just used that as how someone blew a motor shows you actually have no clue how a dyno works. Period.
    I have no idea what you're babbling about there. Dynojets still are not load bearing they have an Eddy Current adapter you can purchase. Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    See thats the problem you are wrapped around the axles over ess when I could carless what someone runs.
    Yep you panties in a bunch responses deluding yourself certainly attest to that...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Notice you didn't compare a Gintani stage 2 kit which is equal to the 625kit?
    Because I haven't run one since I had a Stage 2 in 2009 and was the first to crack 130 in the 1/4 mile with an E9X?

    Oh damn, another platform record I set? And before ESS? Wowsers.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Why would any person complain about seeing the difference of a blower vs a turbo at the SAME boost stock motor. This comparison shows how power comes in on a turbo setup vs a blower setup and how much more tq is made. The whole point of the comparison is to show dynamic difference on between the two with the same COMPANY and same TUNER same DYNO and same FUEL.
    So it's ok to compare two different styles of forced induction in your view to see the difference in power delivery but somehow not ok to compare two centrifugal kits tuned for different fuels to see the torque difference?

    So, you're hypocrite? Comparisons only fit into your narrow view where the Gintani kit isn't making a ton more power? Convenient.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    You looked for the lowest reading numbers of a kit to use as your comparison for you of not even the same blower or fuel or dyno. nothing about this comparison even make sense.
    No, I looked for two Mustang dynos. If you have an issue with how a Mustang reads take it up with the company. I don't actively seek out a Dynojet to mislead people about output with inflated figures.

    Summary: Boo hoo not fair the ESS kit is on a Mustang boo hoo

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    My car has never even had a ESS tune lol.
    Smart. Nobody should run their OTS tunes.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Properstyle Click here to enlarge
    Sal and I talk daily lol. hell he just made a post about my car on IG lol. you have no clue what you are talking about. He also hold the over all stock block 1/4 record which he will break against this upcoming week or so.
    Awesome, hope he does. I'm rooting for him and it will just further cement the difference in output this thread highlights.

    You can stop crying now.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Points
    66.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Still waiting on some real world data for this setup and not a dyno. 60-130, 1/4mi, 1/2mi...

    Until then it’s no better than a ess550 kit.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maristgrad09 Click here to enlarge
    Still waiting on some real world data for this setup and not a dyno. 60-130, 1/4mi, 1/2mi...
    Didn't an east coast version run 10.3 @ 136 which is the stock internal record?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maristgrad09 Click here to enlarge
    Until then it’s no better than a ess550 kit.
    LOL ok

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Agreed, let's see some real world numbers because what I see when 2 equally modded Gintani and ESS S65s run... the ESS is faster. Look up "ESS VT2-625 Supercharged E92 M3 (DCT/FBO) vs. Gintani Stage 2 Supercharged E92 M3 (DCT/FBO)" and look at the 2nd race with an equal start. The first race the Gintani jumped, must have been a bit jumpy...

    You can mod each of the kits as custom as you want after that. Then whoever spends more will win. I "think" the ESS kits are cheaper out of the box as well when comparing similar power level kits. It's been a while since I looked at that though.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,649
    Rep Points
    40,991.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    410



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTony Click here to enlarge
    Agreed, let's see some real world numbers because what I see when 2 equally modded Gintani and ESS S65s run... the ESS is faster.
    You on crack or just a fanboy? https://www.boostaddict.com/content....d-second-place

    Click here to enlarge

    ESS wasn't within 10 miles per hour. Same time, same place.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTony Click here to enlarge
    ESS VT2-625 Supercharged E92 M3 (DCT/FBO) vs. Gintani Stage 2 Supercharged E92 M3 (DCT/FBO)
    Um you know we're talking about a Stage X righ? What I have and what is in the title?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTony Click here to enlarge
    let's see some real world numbers
    Right here, the stock internal record held by Gintani: https://www.bimmerboost.com/content....-10-3-136-pass

    Click here to enlarge

    ESS humping is like a religion you for you people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •