Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Twisted Tuning tmap sensor adapter for mounting on intake manifold

Not sure what the purpose is but Twisted Tuning was gauging interest for this adapter:

Just curious if there is a market for this. Some time ago we made an adapter for mounting both Tmap sensors on the intake manifold. Ran it on our car for months off and on

Just wanted to see if anyone needs it or if there is any demand for it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This was something I did to test something on my car. its just to move both tmaps to the manifold. Mainly for people with PI kits. to solved the "let off" boost spike overfueling issue people talked about a lot. made it like a year ago, ran it on my cars for several months off and on. May have been placebo, but boost felt more responsive on both N54 and N55.

But again, mainly just for PI users. some people want small things like this. so figured Id ask if anyone wanted it.
    Twisted Tuning
    "Increasing the Area Under the Curve"
    Custom ECU Calibrations/High Performance Automotive Solutions
    MHD/SCT/COBB/ECUTEK...and much more!!
    www.twistedtuning.com
    www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    724 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The TMAP by design should be in front of the throttle body. When throttle closes the boost control system expects to see boost increase not decrease.

To solve the port injection issue the controller should be smart enough to include gas pedal and throttle inputs in it's logic path.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agree with Terry on this, any PI controller (AIC or whatever you're using) should have a dedicated MAP sensor in the correct location (intake manifold, not charger pipe)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    either way, it was something i made for myself to play with. And it works without issue on N54 and N55 both tested to 25psi without any ill effects. car actually drove better. This was posted to see if anyone wanted it, since i had it available. and is a way around having to add a 3rd map sensor and continue to use whats already in the car.

Amazingly, since posting it, there is really a demand for it. At least more than i thought there would be.
    Twisted Tuning
    "Increasing the Area Under the Curve"
    Custom ECU Calibrations/High Performance Automotive Solutions
    MHD/SCT/COBB/ECUTEK...and much more!!
    www.twistedtuning.com
    www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwistedTuning Click here to enlarge
    either way, it was something i made for myself to play with. And it works without issue on N54 and N55 both tested to 25psi without any ill effects. car actually drove better. This was posted to see if anyone wanted it, since i had it available. and is a way around having to add a 3rd map sensor and continue to use whats already in the car.

Amazingly, since posting it, there is really a demand for it. At least more than i thought there would be.
    Well that's good. Seems cleaner than a 3rd map sensor regardless.