Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    This entire thread has been a double chin scratcher for me!Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stosh1 Click here to enlarge
    This entire thread has been a double chin scratcher for me!Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Guy is a master of torlling, one thing bothers me here though. He’s trolling himself here not others and that’s something new to me. I should give him credif for that. @Sticky whats this guy about?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky whats this guy about?
    I'd rather not say. Just leave him be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats what happens when you read stuff on the internet but have NFI what it means but pretend like you do

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robsimon799 Click here to enlarge
    Schrick makes the TURBO cam's for the S54 engine that is custom made not off the shelf.
    what i want to know is what is the STD cam's DUR. at 0.050" for both pair of cam's in the set. and is there a heavier cam DUR. like 292/284 at 0.050" 14.5mm lift turbocharged and with VANOS.

i was tolled on here and a other THREAD that it's possible to have VANOS on the 292/284 cams with 14.5mm lift and 12.1:1 comp. i don't know if he was telling the truth or not.

Click here to enlarge i want 292/284 14.5mm lift 10.0:1 comp running full meth and 4 stage nitrous and a whole lota $#@!es
    I am still here. The tag function works.

Engine still runs.

Took 3rd at Shift Sector All-Motor category at 209 cubic inches vs 500 and 600 ci V8s.

But sure, keep listening to Schrick. The manufacturer who's gone belly up twice. The same manufacturer that cannot tell you the propor PTV clearance for any of their cams. The same manufacturer selling cams with the wrong keyways attached (S54 and S65).

Crower, Cat and Dlibas all source from the same cores.

My cams are Crower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    But sure, keep listening to Schrick. The manufacturer who's gone belly up twice. The same manufacturer that cannot tell you the propor PTV clearance for any of their cams. The same manufacturer selling cams with the wrong keyways attached (S54 and S65).

Crower, Cat and Dlibas all source from the same cores.

My cams are Crower.
    Belly up twice? @MisterEm more details?

Schrick supplies to OEM's and race teams as I understand it. Maybe their aftermarket car division isn't the same but that is surprising.

Great bit of info there though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Schrick is just another cam grinder. They have been bought out twice in the past decade.

They don't provide anything special except misaligned keyways for $2000 cams.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i know someone who lunched an engine when the dowel was drilled incorrect on a schrick. shoulda been checked but...

catcams are no better. never gets the LSA correct on a single cam type engine with sliding follower

dblias are schricks poor cousin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well i would like to be proved the $#@!ty cam's are poo. or good. i don't know anyone with any performance cams.
    I'm scared hold me!!! i need something good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by digger Click here to enlarge
    i know someone who lunched an engine when the dowel was drilled incorrect on a schrick. shoulda been checked but...

catcams are no better. never gets the LSA correct on a single cam type engine with sliding follower

dblias are schricks poor cousin
    When the cam manufacturer blows the keyway by 100+ degrees, it's the manufacturers fault.

The engine was timed right. Cams were delivered wrong.

dblias sources from the same unicorn blanks as Schrick, Crower and Cat.

I guess Crower Cams and Cat Cams are poor cousins too....

$#@! I hate the BMW scene...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    When the cam manufacturer blows the keyway by 100+ degrees, it's the manufacturers fault.

The engine was timed right. Cams were delivered wrong.

dblias sources from the same unicorn blanks as Schrick, Crower and Cat.

I guess Crower Cams and Cat Cams are poor cousins too....

$#@! I hate the BMW scene...
    Of course itís the manufacturers fault the cams are wrong. Still any competent builder should have picked it up and saved the engine by properly checking as big errors like that are obvious. The first time ever I went to install an aftermarket cam I picked up much smaller anomaly and the manufacturer sent a replacement. It would have bent some valves when rotating by hand which wouldnt be as bad as cranking the engine....

Itís not the blank but how they are ground. Get the cam card, a degree wheel and dial indicator and plot the full lift curve every degree lobe inlet and exhaust, hell even check the index between lobes. In the past Iíve done cams from bmw, schrick, catcams, dbilas, Enem, some other custom hard welded ones and itís an eye opener. Anyone interested should try it as if you want to upgrade a cam you actually want to know what is in there to begin with how it plots out and compare to the new one you're putting in. For example schrick 288/280 vs catcams 288/280 they both have the same advertised duration but the durations are measured/rated at different checking heights and in schricks case its not a fixed lift. When things donít match up itís not always their fault as there are other things in the setup that affect the outcome but certain manufacturers seem to do a better job than others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12