Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

BoostBox and MAC Solenoid

Recently I have been testing my new turbo setup and noticed I could not go above wastegate pressure. This afternoon I checked the vacuum lines plumbing from the Mac Solenoid, and the Intake side plumbing. Which seemingly looked fine.

I also took to testing the Mac solenoid. I found that I can actuate it by using the battery. But I dont know how the Mac is supposed to respond when it is connected to the boostbox. I have found that when I turn the power on (dont start car) I can trace a 12.08 vdc before and after the boostbox on one line and 10.56 vdc on the other.

After a while of the car on and boostbox connected without the mac solenoid connected, the boostbox showed the orange light for "solenoid", which then I tested the voltages of 12.08 and 0 vdc. Then I connected the Mac and heard it click/actuate for the first time while being connected to the boostbox. It soon turned off the solenoid light.

Is this normal? I can start the car, press the pedal (rev the motor) and have the solenoid light flash. But I couldnt convince the wife to listen to the Mac to see if it was actuating.

thanks guys
    2008 E92 BMW 335i 6MT
    DocRace 6266 | Boostbox | Mfactory Flywheel | Spec 3+ | VRSF Race Intercooler | Rewired Walbro 525

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was a boost leak. All it took was putting the car on the lift this morning and looking up to find a missing clamp.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i 6MT
    DocRace 6266 | Boostbox | Mfactory Flywheel | Spec 3+ | VRSF Race Intercooler | Rewired Walbro 525

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sleet142 Click here to enlarge
    It was a boost leak. All it took was putting the car on the lift this morning and looking up to find a missing clamp.
    Glad you found that quickly!
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all my electrical training led me to believe I can fix this with magic Click here to enlarge

made 14 psi on half a pull. more than enough proof for me.
    2008 E92 BMW 335i 6MT