Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

N55 vs. N55 - MHD Stage 1 OTS tuned N55 335xi vs. JB4 tuned E92 335i N55 on E30

The 91 octane tuned N55 comes out on top? That shouldn't be the case but the JB4 tuned white E92 335i in the video is running Map 1 on E30. The 335xi N55 camera car is said to have the MHD Stage 1 OTS (off the shelf) tune on 91 octane.

Click here to enlarge

You would think the heavier 335xi with its all wheel drive would lose the roll race. Seems the JB4 tuned car needs to run a different map.

Both are automatic and both have the Cobb chargepipe:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Isnít map 1 the least aggressive on the JB4? E30 provides almost no advantage over 93 if you arenít pushing boost or timing. Maybe they donít have access to 93, though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Isn’t map 1 the least aggressive on the JB4? E30 provides almost no advantage over 93 if you aren’t pushing boost or timing. Maybe they don’t have access to 93, though.
    Yeah that's why it feels like a bit of an MHD prop piece. It's MHD tuners pushing out on social media but leaving out to get the advantage on E30 you need to have a more aggressive map/tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man, you guys find some way to question everything. Fact is E30 is about Equal to 95oct. And is only realistically worth about 2 degrees or so of extra timing if you so choose to advance.

The car on E30, albeit the Map 1 on the JB4 does not require the use of added ethanol. The added ethanol still increase octane and keeps the car from pulling timing. Without the need of advancing timing. So what you get is a Map 1 jb4 that is using all the timing its mapped for without timing corrections dropping power.

Map 1 and MHD Stage 1 target about the same amount of boost. PERIOD. so they are good comparisons Map wise. The few gallons of E are not hurting the car, lol. Its actually helping it.

Its not uncommon at all to see owners run a few gallons of ethanol per tank to keep timing corrections low or non existent without advancing timing or raising boost.

So because the JB4 car seemingly gets mopped. Now running some E in the tank puts the car at a disadvantage? STOP IT. Its been done for years.

FYI, this video was posted by an owner. I just shared it. including the pertinent info. the JB4 car has the advantage from the jump running 93oct/E30 over the car with straight 91oct. This is not "MHD Tuners" pushing anything or a "Prop Piece". this was an owner posting a video of him racing someone and it getting shared.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwistedTuning Click here to enlarge
    FYI, this video was posted by an owner. I just shared it. including the pertinent info. the JB4 car has the advantage from the jump running 93oct/E30 over the car with straight 91oct. This is not "MHD Tuners" pushing anything or a "Prop Piece". this was an owner posting a video of him racing someone and it getting shared.
    I think you may have taken this a bit personally as you tune. Not aimed at you at all.

I think what everyone is pointing out is that the JB4 car could certainly make better use of that E30 in its tank.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think you may have taken this a bit personally as you tune. Not aimed at you at all.

I think what everyone is pointing out is that the JB4 car could certainly make better use of that E30 in its tank.
    of course it could have. But you both were clearly insinuating that the JB4 car was at a disadvantage due to the E30 in the tank when that is clearly not the case.

I don't take the internet personal. Just making the post to clear the nonsense being posted. I tune hundreds of JB4, Flash only, and Stacked cars so this video doesn't affect me either way, lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But you both were clearly insinuating that the JB4 car was at a disadvantage due to the E30 in the tank when that is clearly not the case.
    I was yes and I believe that because it is not utilizing it. So the JB4 car could be stronger is my point. It should win from a roll when on E30 vs. an xi on pump if both are auto.

I don't take the internet personal. Just making the post to clear the nonsense being posted. I tune hundreds of JB4, Flash only, and Stacked cars so this video doesn't affect me either way, lol.
    Of course not. It's just a random vid.

You tune and you tune well by all accounts and what I have seen.

This forum is great at calling out BS or making points that go against the grain and your insight is always welcomed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    impressive when you think about how much heavier a XI is and also how its got a more restrictive exhaust(2 extra kitties) all while running a less desirable octane fuel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd have to see the JB4 log to offer any specific advice on speeding the car up (map1 is 13psi) but N55 stock turbo cars max out around 400whp no matter what tuning solutions you use to get there.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-30-2018 at 07:08 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the other car has more boost that's why faster Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bumping an old thread, that’s my old Xdrive 335i which I replaced with my 1er, my buddies car was running JB4 Map 1 91 octane California has with e85 to make e30, user adjustments on the JB4 where the baseline ones that terry posted. I was the one who set his car up for him. It was simple fact that the MHD stage 1 was pulling harder, over and over from all conditions. But we also tried many many other variations with both of these cars, flash only vs JB4 only, flash only vs JB4+bef, JB4 vs JB4, and flash vs flash. After lots of $$ dumped into testing my buddy is happy with the OTS mhd stage 2/2+ map package and I’m right where I need to be running JB4+BEF. That car on map 5 with e30 would make my Xdrive with mhd stage 1 look silly (E85 IN THE TANK DOESNT MAKE IT SLOWER). It’s all user preference in the end and how well you take care of your car which will show how it performs.
    2012 135i N55 DCT, JB4+BEF, VRSF Catless Dp, VRSF 7.5 race FMIC, arm chargepipe.