Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cloud9blue Click here to enlarge
    The fact that Rob has to start a thread to claim "oh look, we finally got our $#@! together after 5 years" says plenty about his quality control or lack of it.
    Sorry you're so butthurt over the evolution of turbo products along with this platform, it must truly cause you sleeping problems at night. I am sure it also painstaking to see such great results going on with RB products these days, but we are sure it brings you some happiness seeing that there are still several turbo vendors out there trying to get it all right.

Anyway we do appreciate you guys bumping the thread as what most care for is what is going on in recent history and what can be expected out of the product lineups that are being purchased NOW. Only the forum trolls care about what they saw or heard many moons ago, but unfortunately for these types that has absolutely zero application today and the proof is in the pudding.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Sorry you're so butthurt over the evolution of turbo products along with this platform, it must truly cause you sleeping problems at night. I am sure it also painstaking to see such great results going on these days, but we are sure it brings you some happiness seeing that there are still several turbo vendors out there trying to get it all right.

Anyway we do appreciate you guys bumping the thread as what most care for is what is going on in recent history and what can be expected out of the product lineups that are being purchased NOW. Only the forum trolls care about what they saw or heard many moons ago, but unfortunately for these types that has absolutely zero application today and the proof is in the pudding.

Rob

Or we saw our freinds get ripped off by someone who made mistakes and failed to own up to them. The excuse of "aw man, that was a long time ago!" isnt really valid when you failed to do the right thing. Its insight into your character. You had the chance to own up to your mistakes and make things right but instead you proved to be of poor moral fiber.

Whatever man, best of luck selling home made turbos out of your garage.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Or we saw our freinds get ripped off by someone who made mistakes and failed to own up to them. The excuse of "aw man, that was a long time ago!" isnt really valid when you failed to do the right thing. Its insight into your character. You had the chance to own up to your mistakes and make things right but instead you proved to be of poor moral fiber.

Whatever man, best of luck selling home made turbos out of your garage.
    Just another troll that has little understanding of how the market operates and platform/product evolution. Also a troll who has zero idea how we conducted ourselves during any transaction, as we've stood by our warranty (at minimum) through every encounter we have ever had in the past 8-9 years and that is a fact.

Anywhoo thanks anyway but do not need the luck, also once again thanks for the free bump!

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just another troll that has little understanding of how the market operates and platform/product evolution. Also a troll who has zero idea how we conducted ourselves during any transaction, as we've stood by our warranty (at minimum) through every encounter we have ever had in the past 8-9 years and that is a fact.

Anywhoo thanks anyway but do not need the luck, also once again thanks for the free bump!

Rob

Ha... i could see you calling someone with zero posts or rep a troll, but me? Someone who has been around since 2012 with more rep than you?

Thats just foolish. I think anyone who reads this exchange and does their own research can see the writing on the wall. Moral of the story is it seems that Pure are the only stock replacement turbos worth anyones times or money. You and Tony are both hacks that have been exposed through poor customer service.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Ha... i could see you calling someone with zero posts or rep a troll, but me? Someone who has been around since 2012 with more rep than you?

Thats just foolish. I think anyone who reads this exchange and does their own research can see the writing on the wall. Moral of the story is it seems that Pure are the only stock replacement turbos worth anyones times or money. You and Tony are both hacks that have been exposed through poor customer service.
    Thanks for the feedback and yes it means a lot from someone we had never even encountered in any transaction, which yes by most definitions is a "troll". And regardless of your 3rd person interactions with some others in the yesteryears, our stats are still our stats and that is a fact. We realize these stats would've never looked so pretty in say 2014, this was discussed thoroughly in the thread if you'd taken a moment to actually read it.

Regarding the quality of other vendors, they are certainly free to share such results as well- I can assure you many have had their "iterations" and "dialing-in" processes and many still do to this very day. I also agree about the masses seeing the writing on the wall, as our cards have been laid on the table with some longterm reliability results that are nothing short of impeccable. We certainly didn't get these results overnight and then announce a pre-sale, there has been a long wait to get these out to you all and like it or not this is what levels of quality we are seeing these days.

Rob
    Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 04-03-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any plans to enter the N55 game @Rob@RBTurbo ?

There aren't anywhere near enough Stage 2 hybrid options for N55.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    A devils advocate would say yes things might be good now but your brand is probably mud thanks to the past history.

I don't work in engineering and I just don't understand how it can be so difficult to make aftermarket turbos reliable for this platform. I would have thought though that step one would be to not try and force more air through the same small straw. That's why I bought GCs, but what do I know?
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bradsm87 Click here to enlarge
    Any plans to enter the N55 game @Rob@RBTurbo ?

There aren't anywhere near enough Stage 2 hybrid options for N55.
    Yes sir. We have had over 25 N55 processed cores sitting around for years and figured it was about time to use them, so yes we have made our own custom Stage 2 turbine for the application. While we do not anticipate it to make any more power than others out there, we do anticipate it will make similar power yet provide better response so ultimately be a very refined product. These turbines are due into our hands in about 25 days now, along with custom turbines for the S63/S63TU. Soon thereafter will come turbines for the N63/N63TU. In the midst of all of this we are working on N20/N26 RB Ones (Stage 1+) and RB Twos (Stage 2) setups too. As the N54 work is still plentiful, it is a bit fearful to take on much more work overall; but least it'll all be in our portfolio soon enough. If it all gets overwhelming, we probably will just periodically stall orders because large backlogs is not something we are interested in AT ALL these days.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWSAWS Click here to enlarge
    A devils advocate would say yes things might be good now but your brand is probably mud thanks to the past history.
    An unhappy customer certainly yells the loudest. But for a single unhappy customer, even in the older and worser times and over several years, there were at minimum four happy ones. Nowadays we simply thought it was worth mentioning, with substantial history to back it up, that we are now seeing 5 out of 5 happy customers- and wouldn't you know they are pretty quiet about it.Click here to enlarge

Our goal is to now keep it 5 out of 5 for as long as humanly possible, with the understanding that even the finest built turbo will still eventually meet its demise. But when a customer (even with a failed turbo) is happy with the lifespan they've encountered, you realize the reward in your brand. Believe it or not we have found these customers numerous times even with some of our eldest products, keep in mind we have been slinging out N54 turbos for over 8 years now and there never has been any shortage of new orders.

We certainly wish we could go back and build then what we were building now but that is not realistic. At the same time we still take a lot of heat online for the old stuff, when there was not even anyone else even around (aside the one that popped up nearly 3 years later, and couple others who popped up about 6 years later). As was stated competition is a good thing, it drives one to be the best they can- products get better and cheaper and ultimately the consumer wins. It is a real bummer that some think that if you improve you still suck for when you weren't as improved, but we can not fix that.

I don't work in engineering and I just don't understand how it can be so difficult to make aftermarket turbos reliable for this platform. I would have thought though that step one would be to not try and force more air through the same small straw. That's why I bought GCs, but what do I know?
    Have you ever looked at your turbos? They are the exact same frame size as OE. The only perk is they have a large connection point between the manifold and turbine housing, but even the A/R still has a similar size as OE. The manifold itself seems worse in design as well, aside for the larger connection point to the turbine housing. Nothing to write home about with these, we could've been buying them for many months now but declined as they seem to be more trouble than they are worth (there are also some questionable casting issues that may crop up over some time as well). You seem to have definitely taken the "straw" marketing full-on.

At any rate you'd think you'd know about product unreliability as the product you just mentioned is still going through tweaking (to hopefully last on this next go round) and it is unknown if the newest iteration even began shipping yet let alone if they are fixed. Keep in mind most of the time a vendor will KNOW of an issue within about 3-12 months whereas the consumer may not know within 2-3 years, if ever. Usually it is troubled Vendors own competitors who get the call (or email) asking for assistance from the troubled vendors costumer. This is why we (and our competitors) tend to know a lot about one another in the event of "issues".

With our product offerings as dated in post #1 have had their time in the field and are still batting a thousand, we are very confident that what we are offering is extremely dialed in; and we have no plans to change anything about it.Click here to enlarge

Rob
    Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 04-04-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    An unhappy customer certainly yells the loudest. But for a single unhappy customer, even in the older and worser times and over several years, there were at minimum four happy ones. Nowadays we simply thought it was worth mentioning, with substantial history to back it up, that we are now seeing 5 out of 5 happy customers- and wouldn't you know they are pretty quiet about it.Click here to enlarge

Our goal is to now keep it 5 out of 5 for as long as humanly possible, with the understanding that even the finest built turbo will still eventually meet its demise. But when a customer (even with a failed turbo) is happy with the lifespan they've encountered, you realize the reward in your brand. Believe it or not we have found these customers numerous times even with some of our eldest products, keep in mind we have been slinging out N54 turbos for over 8 years now and there never has been any shortage of new orders.

We certainly wish we could go back and build then what we were building now but that is not realistic. At the same time we still take a lot of heat online for the old stuff, when there was not even anyone else even around (aside the one that popped up nearly 3 years later, and couple others who popped up about 6 years later). As was stated competition is a good thing, it drives one to be the best they can- products get better and cheaper and ultimately the consumer wins. It is a real bummer that some think that if you improve you still suck for when you weren't as improved, but we can not fix that.

Have you ever looked at your turbos? They are the exact same frame size as OE. The only perk is they have a large connection point between the manifold and turbine housing, but even the A/R still has a similar size as OE. The manifold itself seems worse in design as well, aside for the larger connection point to the turbine housing. Nothing to write home about with these, we could've been buying them for many months now but declined as they seem to be more trouble than they are worth (there are also some questionable casting issues that may crop up over some time as well). You seem to have definitely taken the "straw" marketing full-on.

At any rate you'd think you'd know about product unreliability as the product you just mentioned is still going through tweaking (to hopefully last on this next go round) and it is unknown if the newest iteration even began shipping yet let alone if they are fixed. Keep in mind most of the time a vendor will KNOW of an issue within about 3-12 months whereas the consumer may not know within 2-3 years, if ever. Usually it is troubled Vendors own competitors who get the call (or email) asking for assistance from the troubled vendors costumer. This is why we (and our competitors) tend to know a lot about one another in the event of "issues".

With our product offerings as dated in post #1 have had their time in the field and are still batting a thousand, we are very confident that what we are offering is extremely dialed in; and we have no plans to change anything about it.Click here to enlarge

Rob
    Yes I've looked at the turbos before fitting them. I don't know about the AR ratio and I don't know if the ratio you mention is correct for the cast stage 2s or the GC'S. However I did see the impressive dyno results before buying them. Maybe foolishly I believed that the housing was bigger. I thought lies about products were ilegal.

When I purchased them I was not aware of various failures. It was actually from a friend of mine that I learned of issues. Whether mine are affected or not I don't know which obviously is not great. I run big amounts of water and meth injection so the lower egts might be helping there. So far I've probably done 20,000 miles so I can't complain too much.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So far I've probably done 20,000 miles so I can't complain too much.
    Yeah man, good for you there, you must be living right for sure!

PS. Yes I was talking about GC's. Have had a set around here for reference and could have bought them new complete (or in parts as desired) for quite a while now- but not impressed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah man, good for you there, you must be living right for sure!

PS. Yes I was talking about GC's. Have had a set around here for reference and could have bought them new complete (or in parts as desired) for quite a while now- but not impressed.
    I thought Tony V had secured rights to be the sole USA dealer and that he showed you trying to buy them or parts of them in that legendary thread where things went nuts. Click here to enlarge

https://www.bimmerboost.com/showthre...-Tony-backfire
    11.74@129 on GCs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I thought Tony V had secured rights to be the sole USA dealer and that he showed you trying to buy them or parts of them in that legendary thread where things went nuts. Click here to enlarge

https://www.bimmerboost.com/showthre...-Tony-backfire
    Yeah, that WAS true (we wanted to buy parts to inspect and potentially use but there certainly was a "flip out")... but I think they had a large falling out since VTT ended up copying their housings with some other China vendor. Heard some crazy stuff there, not sure if it's all true... but either way yes we could resell their stuff now too (or parts as we desire) if we wanted to take the risk. Just do not want to ruin a good thing with what we have going on, and see no real good reason to make any changes.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nothing against you Rob (even though you try too much to look good in my book), however i too am curious about previous versions failure rate because i personally saw 2 sets of RB's fail in my friends' cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
    Nothing against you Rob (even though you try too much to look good in my book), however i too am curious about previous versions failure rate because i personally saw 2 sets of RB's fail in my friends' cars.
    93siro,

If "trying too hard to look good" means tirelessly working and collecting quality info quietly for nearly 1.5 years to eventually release what the masses have been looking for (since the platform began it's curiosity into upgraded turbos) all onto literally one forum thread on one single forum; then I guess the alternative is to not have released anything. The masses are free to do what they want with this information, love it or hate it, it is what it is. We are not trying to push anything down anyones throat here and viewing the thread is optional, additionally we are not offering up a GB tomorrow or starting presales in some shady marketing scheme... it is simply information that is very favorable in regards to quality of our product. Everyone has their opinion and some surely will remain career haters, but personally I think many think this is a breath of fresh air all things considered for this entire platform and it's turbo related history of all vendors in this market. Without information like this, you truly are in the dark.

Regarding your friend, we have no idea who you are, let alone your friend. But as stated in post # 1 "make no mistake we have been there and done that and certainly have taken our fair share of lumps over the years with this platform." it is likely he could've been involved in one of these "lumps" and we are sure it was at least several years ago. Much like a popular restaurant could endure an "e-coli" scare, due to their supply chains mistake (or their own); this can also be a common thing to happen in this industry as well. This is a large reason why there is a Warranty on defects in workmanship for these products, something we are not encountering at all anymore as documented in this thread. With that you can deduce our Industry supply chain's "landmines" have been adverted and we've also dialed in our own processes mostly via acquisitions of cutting edge turbo machinery (which allow one to get it perfect, every single time). The platform has also evolved and things outside the turbocharger itself are being done "smarter" too. And while we are sure many would like us to document in great detail any "lumps" ever endured (there have been several, hence the pluralization of "lump"); it just doesn't make sense to give any competitive advantages.

Rob
    Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 04-05-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hese turbines are due into our hands in about 25 days now, along with custom turbines for the S63/S63TU. Soon thereafter will come turbines for the N63/N63TU. In the midst of all of this we are working on N20/N26 RB Ones (Stage 1+) and RB Twos (Stage 2) setups too. As the N54 work is still plentiful, it is a bit fearful to take on much more work overall; but least it'll all be in our portfolio soon enough. If it all gets overwhelming, we probably will just periodically stall orders because large backlogs is not something we are interested in AT ALL these days.
    Interesting, so N55 products coming.

That's good.

Wouldn't hurt to look into the S55 or B58 either...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Interesting, so N55 products coming.

That's good.

Wouldn't hurt to look into the S55 or B58 either...
    Yes sir- done and done there too. Just the waiting game at the moment.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thinking at some point the luck will run out, but who knows? Are we really getting dealt the greatest hands of customers/installers ever?

Either way it is good stuff as yet another month has gone by with another ~15 sets of turbos shipped out and another month with 0 complaints with all units listed with production dates listed in post #1 .

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thinking at some point the luck will run out, but who knows? Are we really getting dealt the greatest hands of customers/installers ever?

Either way it is good stuff as yet another month has gone by with another ~15 sets of turbos shipped out and another month with 0 complaints with all units listed with production dates listed in post #1 .

Rob
    AND another month rolled by, TONs of orders inbound (we are completely swamped with orders), and ~25 sets shipped out; all the while the above 0% failure rate "luck" is still going perfectly. Good times.Click here to enlarge

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Another month gone by and an astronomical amount of orders being shipped this season, probably the busiest we have ever been mostly thanks to the wide variety and offerings we have to fit most all budgets and performance goals. So it has been very busy which is both good for business yet bad for anxiety (as all turbo purchasers are always in "dire" need of them).

On the note of the thread however it was NOT so quiet this month (after a LONGstanding sound of crickets) as noted below:
    1) RB Next Gens thought to have bit the bullet, however further investigation let to a tanked engine. RB Next Gens returned for inspection (and further upgrades) and found to be perfect. This is the first set of RB Next Gens to have been returned since 11/2016, and could've easily had tons of life in them even after surviving a blown motor.
    2) RB Next Gen Plus being sent back (not yet in hand), owner said they also tanked their engine. They are likely just rebuilding the RB Next Gen Plus as is (still TBD), owner just wanted to ensure they are good for the install on the new engine which is the prudent thing to do considering they share the same oil and the turbines are downstream of the pistons. This is the first set of RB Next Gen Plus to ever come back since production began 10/2016.

Just to clearly note that BOTH of the above are due to popped engines- so the N54 engine itself is seeming to be the fuse anymore. Not sure if this is better than the turbos being the fuse or not... Click here to enlarge

We did get another complaint of some RB Ones that may have failed, details are sketchy but here is what we know:
    1) Original owner was pushing them well beyond the recommended range (including much road racing) for about a year without any issue.
    2) Original owner sold car to another, completely healthy.
    3) The new owner apparently drove the car as if it was GTA for about 5 hours and something gave up (engine/turbos/both).
    4) That new owner instantly sold car to yet another "new" owner (in broken form), who is trying to determine the extent of damages from the short ownership of the one in between.

Thanks,
    Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can't fault the honesty here. As soon as there is a potential "bad egg", Rob is telling the masses rather than keeping it to himself.
    I have a set of RB Twos and they're still going strong. No issues what so ever apart from me needing more fuel cause there's too much air.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I Havnt owned RB turbos "yet" but a close friend has. Ive seen zero issues and great customer service when reached out to. Id reccomend RB to anyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Like 4k miles on my Next Gens so far. Running so strong we're having to turn power down lol. Trans is not liking this much torque.
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / RB Next Gens / RB EVO Intake / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / VRSF DPs / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
    Like 4k miles on my Next Gens so far. Running so strong we're having to turn power down lol. Trans is not liking this much torque.
    What power are you making?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I back up the claims of the excellent customer service and zero issues with turbos here, RB OEM billets, wish I went bigger though!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast