Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

VIDEO: Best Port Injection Kit? With Side-By-Side Comparison!

If you're already following my build/channel, thanks! But if not, I wanted to share this info here because I think it'll be helpful to anyone interested in port injection. I describe in detail why I switched kits and what to look out for if you're considering port injection on your N54 or N55.

2008 BMW 135i 6MT - Doc Race Single Turbo 6266
    749whp/643wtq @ 29psi, weighs 3260lbs

YouTube build: youtube.com/jakespence135
    Instagram updates: instagram.com/jakespence
    N54 t-shirts, etc: bimmerstreet.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FWIW, i'm happily running MOTIV pi. It also includes oem O-rings and longer studs.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You are ditching every MMP products one by one lol, you got some beef with Mauricio or what ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good vid man. Nice to see that some out there still understand that the devil is in the details.Click here to enlarge

Also is the CP-e PI kit the only one that has the injector flow path directed more towards the valves (as opposed to the opposing port wall)? The top mount setups built into the Intake manifolds should do a very fine job in this regard.

Rob
    Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 02-23-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    FWIW, i'm happily running MOTIV pi. It also includes oem O-rings and longer studs.

Neil
    I couldn’t find a port injection kit on Motiv’s webste, but I’m sure their quality would be top notch. Last I knew it was around $1,600, which is out of my budget lol. BMP has the same quality for less than half that price.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Traf Click here to enlarge
    You are ditching every MMP products one by one lol, you got some beef with Mauricio or what ?
    No beef, just want to do it right this time around. I was on a budget before, and MMP products work good for budget builds. But I’m done cutting corners now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Good vid man. Nice to see that some out there still understand that the devil is in the details.Click here to enlarge

Rob
    Thanks Rob! I’d rather pay more once than pay twice when something breaks. Buy once, cry once.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have the Fuel It kit and could not be happier with my purchase. I do prefer to take the pain of buying only once though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Forgot the AD-E port injection

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Traf Click here to enlarge
    Seems pretty obvious based on the video and the prior one, lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Before I saw this thread I asked why the "black market" rail looks like a copy of the fuel-it rail on the other forum. But, fuel-it is censored there... WTF?!?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Before I saw this thread I asked why the "black market" rail looks like a copy of the fuel-it rail on the other forum. But, fuel-it is censored there... WTF?!?
    Wow. It actually does look like a copy... who is "black market" anyway? Never heard of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bumbleb Click here to enlarge
    I have the Fuel It kit and could not be happier with my purchase. I do prefer to take the pain of buying only once though.
    Nice! Like I said, I’d have no problem recommending the Fuel-It kit, but the BMP kit was a better fit for my budget with minimal product differences.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jlcf22 Click here to enlarge
    Forgot the AD-E port injection
    I didn’t dive into the details of the AD-E kit because I don’t have firsthand experience with it. I’m not a huge fan of the non-anodized finish and the injector angle. It also only comes with 550cc injectors and extended bolts, not studs. I like the use of the OEM gaskets, but for the price, see no reason to go with AD-E over BMP.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by langsbr Click here to enlarge
    Seems pretty obvious based on the video and the prior one, lol.
    I promise there is no beef between Mauricio and myself, lol. I just share my personal opinion and honest experiences on this platform. If I don’t like something or have qualms with it, I’m not going to hide that. I’ve upgraded a lot of parts for various reasons and I’ve done my best to explain that in these videos. That’s all.

Hmm, that’s odd. I never realized it was so identical either until you said this.

Wow. It actually does look like a copy... who is "black market" anyway? Never heard of them.
    To be honest, I hadn’t heard of them either until reading some forum posts about their products. I don’t know how or when they started, but I will say their customer sevice has been top notch. As an N54 customer, I’m all for more vendor competition! Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Me either. I guess they sponsor the SS forum and Fuel-IT got banned for pointing out a lot of their stuff are blatant Fuel-IT copies. As the tuning world turns, lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Kinda crazy, huh?
    Click here to enlarge

e92 335xi 2.0
    Pure 2 Turbos
    Fueling by Fuel-It
    TFT Inlet System

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2367 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dave@Fuel-It! Click here to enlarge
    Kinda crazy, huh?
    People ripping your stuff off, eh?

This industry is so dirty it's absurd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2367 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    and Fuel-IT got banned for pointing out a lot of their stuff are blatant Fuel-IT copies.
    This smells like... hypocrisy with a dose of censorship.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As mentioned above the devil is in the details and corner cutting that often comes with copying (such that a vendor can offer the "best'est and cheapest" option) often gets you less when said and done. Although not always the case it is still pretty lame to directly copy something IMO, but it certainly happens and it's nothing new. Guess the stud addition was a nice touch and shows a bit of ingenuity though.

Ultimately it would be interesting to see a real breakdown in cost and a direct apples to apples compare in these product offerings, something tells me there is not this much of a deviation between fuel-its authentic products and this copy when configured similarly.

As for the injector sizing- are we really finding that the 550cc injectors are insufficient for goals similar to the OP's? Seems like these as supplemental fueling would be well enough to get you deep into the 700whp range.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As mentioned above the devil is in the details and corner cutting that often comes with copying (such that a vendor can offer the "best'est and cheapest" option) often gets you less when said and done. Although not always the case it is still pretty lame to directly copy something IMO, but it certainly happens and it's nothing new. Guess the stud addition was a nice touch and shows a bit of ingenuity though.

Ultimately it would be interesting to see a real breakdown in cost and a direct apples to apples compare in these product offerings, something tells me there is not this much of a deviation between fuel-its authentic products and this copy when configured similarly.

As for the injector sizing- are we really finding that the 550cc injectors are insufficient for goals similar to the OP's? Seems like these as supplemental fueling would be well enough to get you deep into the 700whp range.

Rob
    The bolts are kind of a PITA, but anyone that has ordered either or DIY pi kit or standard, will tell you that is why we supply 2 guides to alleviate the issues “just the bolts” can lead to.

imo 550cc injectors for mid 600s to 7s would suffice. I think that more comes down to who is behind the laptop/mapping the controller.
    Click here to enlarge

e92 335xi 2.0
    Pure 2 Turbos
    Fueling by Fuel-It
    TFT Inlet System

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=imo 550cc injectors for mid 600s to 7s would suffice. I think that more comes down to who is behind the laptop/mapping the controller.[/QUOTE]

So would 750cc injectors be too big for 600hp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good video man, I wish you had done one for the doc race single kit install....I suggest more installation videos/footage of all your upgrades on your channel....the more detailed the better. That's what people will come back for again and again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    See if you can get Aaron Rodgers or Jordy Nelson in for a cameo too haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rob
    I went over the same scenario in my head. The BMP kit seems of great quality and ticked all the checkboxes for me. I would wager that the BMP and Fuel-It kits are very similar, and both have good customer service. As a consumer, why spend twice as much for the same thing? Can you knock me for doing what I did?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nikitino25 Click here to enlarge
    Good video man, I wish you had done one for the doc race single kit install....I suggest more installation videos/footage of all your upgrades on your channel....the more detailed the better. That's what people will come back for again and again

See if you can get Aaron Rodgers or Jordy Nelson in for a cameo too haha
    I did a similar video for the Doc Race kit vs. MMP twin turbos:

I also have other videos on my channel talking about the kit, etc. I haven't do much DIY/tutorials except for the walnut blast, but is something I want to focus more on in the future. I took the car for it's first drive yesterday, so expect an update video this week!

PS: I've ran into Aaron Rodgers at a local burger joint before. Maybe next time I'll ask if he wants to be in my vlog! We've looked into hiring Jordy to give a talk/meet and greet for an hour at a work event before. His price started at $20k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Jake,

Just watched a bit of your video, I’ve always enjoyed your YouTube stuff and attention to detail. Just to clarify things a bit, as I’ve seen Fuel-It! Referenced in regards to our PI kit.

Our DIY rail comes in at a little over $700 bucks with 550cc injectors & offers all the usual Fuel-It! Quality- no cylinder 1 offset, 45* injector angle, boost reference port, oem manifold gasket grooves & retention tabs,fit, finish & customer support.

Again, nice video (as usual) just wanted to clarify a bit... hopefully see you at NFZ Midwest Click here to enlarge

Dave
    Click here to enlarge

e92 335xi 2.0
    Pure 2 Turbos
    Fueling by Fuel-It
    TFT Inlet System

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Jake,

Just watched a bit of your video, I’ve always enjoyed your YouTube stuff and attention to detail. Just to clarify things a bit, as I’ve seen Fuel-It! Referenced in regards to our PI kit.

Our DIY rail comes in at a little over $700 bucks with 550cc injectors & offers all the usual Fuel-It! Quality- no cylinder 1 offset, 45* injector angle, boost reference port, oem manifold gasket grooves & retention tabs,fit, finish & customer support.

Again, nice video (as usual) just wanted to clarify a bit... hopefully see you at NFZ Midwest Click here to enlarge

Dave
    Thanks for chiming in! I remember reading about your DIY kit, but couldn't initially find it on your website. After browsing around a bit more today, I see it under the DIY stuff (duh). I was looking in the N54 upgrades category initially.

It looks like a DIY kit with comparable 750cc injectors comes in at $887.95, not bad! Still more than the BMP kit, and it doesn't look anodized, but much lighter on the wallet than your $1200 kit. Now that I think about it, what's the difference between the DIY kit I assembled, and the basic E-Series Port Injection kit? Just the anodization?

Either way, I know a lot of factors go into your pricing, so I'm not knocking that. I just want the best bang for my buck as a consumer. I've happily ran many Fuel-It parts on my car, and have install Fuel-It parts on local cars too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by suspenceful Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for chiming in! I remember reading about your DIY kit, but couldn't initially find it on your website. After browsing around a bit more today, I see it under the DIY stuff (duh). I was looking in the N54 upgrades category initially.

It looks like a DIY kit with comparable 750cc injectors comes in at $887.95, not bad! Still more than the BMP kit, and it doesn't look anodized, but much lighter on the wallet than your $1200 kit. Now that I think about it, what's the difference between the DIY kit I assembled, and the basic E-Series Port Injection kit? Just the anodization?

Either way, I know a lot of factors go into your pricing, so I'm not knocking that. I just want the best bang for my buck as a consumer. I've happily ran many Fuel-It parts on my car, and have install Fuel-It parts on local cars too.
    Hey Jake,

I don’t want to turn this into a Fuel-It! advertisement, but some of the big differences between the DIY vs the standard Fuel-It rail are: the DIY rail requires some assembly, it is anodized “clear” not black like our standard rail & our DIY rail allows for much more customization/ala carts options. We get constant calls, e-mails, messages & texts asking, “can I buy this, but not that” so we figured allowing you guys to piece together a kit however you see fit is a win for both of us. We also still have our $50 off DIY coupon, which helps a bit on the pricing for our DIY rail too Click here to enlarge

Cheers and best of luck this upcoming season Click here to enlarge

Dave
    Click here to enlarge

e92 335xi 2.0
    Pure 2 Turbos
    Fueling by Fuel-It
    TFT Inlet System

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Jake,

I don’t want to turn this into a Fuel-It! advertisement, but some of the big differences between the DIY vs the standard Fuel-It rail are: the DIY rail requires some assembly, it is anodized “clear” not black like our standard rail & our DIY rail allows for much more customization/ala carts options. We get constant calls, e-mails, messages & texts asking, “can I buy this, but not that” so we figured allowing you guys to piece together a kit however you see fit is a win for both of us. We also still have our $50 off DIY coupon, which helps a bit on the pricing for our DIY rail too Click here to enlarge

Cheers and best of luck this upcoming season Click here to enlarge

Dave
    No worries - clarification is always a good thing. Flag me down and say hi if you're at NFZ Midwest in June!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast