Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DCT FTW

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aus335iGuy Click here to enlarge
    I dont think anyone really knows what it is on a 335. From what people have said about the m3 GTS shift feel its “like a gorilla kicking you in the back” compared to normal. Fast car and a massage eh? What a combo !
    I'd actually be amazed if it was any quicker or more aggressive than what I have already. Look forward to seeing results though. It should show in the logs. More rapid changes in rpms between the shifts. Just wondering if we might be running at max pressure/clamping force already. Only one way to find out.
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well one guy who’s done it says it thumps into gear a lot harder so...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well one guy who’s done it says it thumps into gear a lot harder so...
    That could just be a "feeling" caused by something as simple as the TCU requesting a bigger torque decrease on shifts, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWSAWS Click here to enlarge
    I'd actually be amazed if it was any quicker or more aggressive than what I have already. Look forward to seeing results though. It should show in the logs. More rapid changes in rpms between the shifts. Just wondering if we might be running at max pressure/clamping force already. Only one way to find out.
    Its a significant increase in both shift speed and ferocity. Unless i have new sticky tires it chirps 3rd gear quite easy, and this is on an E90 M3. I want to say the OEM shift speed on the m3 was 120ms?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive been shown logs by someone that indicates standard shift times are 120ms. I imagine that a change from the already stout shifts i feel at the moment to that would be something i can feel. Time will tell - I have some more parts on the way Click here to enlarge

Great work by the way @jyamona@motiv! One press DSC off and final drive coding will also be of great benefit to us DCT guys!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona@motiv Click here to enlarge
    That could just be a "feeling" caused by something as simple as the TCU requesting a bigger torque decrease on shifts, etc.
    Yes it's interesting. In my dct I just feel continous power with the lossless shift where in a manual it's a roller coaster ride as the power goes on and off. Feels more violent from the changes in acceleration even though the dct will power ahead.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Launch mode with DSC disabled works great Click here to enlarge Thanks Jake!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds awesome. Us Euro 335i DCTs don't even have launch control to start with. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know i was one of them. Flashed it and im a happy boy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by john81uk Click here to enlarge
    Sounds awesome. Us Euro 335i DCTs don't even have launch control to start with. Click here to enlarge
    Nonsense. I do and always have.
    11.74@129 on GCs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Incorrect, look through the forums. There are a lot that don't. Unless they have re-flashed the TCU, then that got it working.
    E92 335i Highline DCT in Adventresilver. VRSF Charge pipe, MTC FMIC, MHD Stage 1+, BMS DCI, VRSF DeCats Downpipes (Yet to fit)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by john81uk Click here to enlarge
    Incorrect, look through the forums. There are a lot that don't. Unless they have re-flashed the TCU, then that got it working.
    How is it hit or miss? They either have it or they don't, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How is it hit or miss? They either have it or they don't, right?
    Yeah you would think that, but I've never been able to get mine to work. Even after resetting adaptions, having a full service, waiting for the temps etc. Checking for codes with Carly and MHD. There have been others that have had the same issue in the UK. No idea why but flashing the TCU with the iS or 135's seemeed to do the trick.
    E92 335i Highline DCT in Adventresilver. VRSF Charge pipe, MTC FMIC, MHD Stage 1+, BMS DCI, VRSF DeCats Downpipes (Yet to fit)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had to flash mine to get it to work as i said. I think it is year dependant as well and my 09 wasn't one of the lucky ones. What year are you @AWSAWS ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMWJunkie Click here to enlarge
    Launch mode with DSC disabled works great Click here to enlarge Thanks Jake!
    Went through your old WR drag thread because I remembered you had your build in there. What did you do with the diff as far as customization goes? And off-the-shelf M3 axles?
    2013 335is BQ Tuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had to flash mine to get it to work as i said. I think it is year dependant as well and my 09 wasn't one of the lucky ones. What year are you @AWSAWS ?
    I'm May 2009. Never had a problem doing LC. I know others have but Euro cars came with it. Not to say it's 100%. Sometimes it just doesn't want to play.
    11.74@129 on GCs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Heh, im June 09!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LMB335is Had the M3 rebuilt with a 2.81 ratio by diffs online. Stock m3 axles. Shortened m3 driveshaft and m3 output flange on the transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LMB335is Had the M3 rebuilt with a 2.81 ratio by diffs online. Stock m3 axles. Shortened m3 driveshaft and m3 output flange on the transmission.
    Is the 2.81 for the M3 closest available to the 2.56?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't have the 2.81 R&P yet. Diffsonline said they were out of them and couldn't find any more for the time being. They do have 2.93 available though
    Is the 2.81 for the M3 closest available to the 2.56?
    It is. Turner and Diffsonline both list it as a option in their configurator but I don't think it's available right now. I may just go with the 2.93. I know it's outside the percentage difference window but it's better than the 3.15 speed/gear wise. And maybe this is something you can answer for me, the 3.15 worked like crap in stock TCU 335is but the 2.56 is working reasonably well in a M3 flashed TCU. Is the M3 flashed TCU more tolerant of gearing differences and where is the signal coming from that is the determining factor on whether or not the gearing is within acceptable parameters?
    2013 335is BQ Tuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LMB335is Click here to enlarge
    Is the M3 flashed TCU more tolerant of gearing differences and where is the signal coming from that is the determining factor on whether or not the gearing is within acceptable parameters?
    I wouldn't call it more tolerant, it still has issues. However, using the 3.15 when it expects a 2.56 causes more issues because the rpm to vehicle speed ratio is skewed with higher rpm than expected, so the TCU views it as clutch slip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't call it more tolerant, it still has issues. However, using the 3.15 when it expects a 2.56 causes more issues because the rpm to vehicle speed ratio is skewed with higher rpm than expected, so the TCU views it as clutch slip.
    Ok, so with it flashed with the M3 software it's expecting to see the 3.15 and getting the 2.56 instead. I know there's still issues, it just seems to be on a smaller scale. The 2.81 seems to be the happy medium, now if I can just find one.
    2013 335is BQ Tuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

IMO the best option is to go with the Ford 8.8 rear kit and get the 2.47 FD for it. There's also a 2.73 that could be closer to expected ratio with the right tire height.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    IMO the best option is to go with the Ford 8.8 rear kit and get the 2.47 FD for it. There's also a 2.73 that could be closer to expected ratio with the right tire height.
    Any reason you'd not go quaife or wavetrac etc?
    11.74@129 on GCs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWSAWS Click here to enlarge
    Any reason you'd not go quaife or wavetrac etc?
    Launching with any real power / traction on the 135/335 style rear diff will snap the rear diff input flange. Stock axles will break first usually, but once they are upgraded that diff flange shears off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast