Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Lap time performance BMW m2

Hey Guys,
    I'm new to this forum and excited to join a group of like minded individuals.

Anyways have you guys seen the laptome performance m2's 7:22 lap of the nordschliffe? It's pretty impressive for minor ecu tuning + better tires and it's a 6mt too!
    I'm planning on a similar build for my car so I can compete in time attack events.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by F87Source Click here to enlarge
    nyways have you guys seen the laptome performance m2's 7:22 lap of the nordschliffe? I
    I have not. Link?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're referring to this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes that! My bad I forgot the link :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any thoughts on improvement?

Personally I think adding a speedtech stage 3 turbo with an efr 7670 or 8374 will help the m2 keep up on the straight bits with other higher horse power cars. Then adding the new custom Apex wheels for the m2 with some fender rolling and pulling to be able to stuff an 11" rear wheel with a 305 tire size out back, and 10" wheel up front with a 285 tire (I heard it's possible with alot of camber and a Skinner coil over which jrz has). That'll probably give the m2 the traction it needs to put the power down and give it more lateral grip in the corners. Plus I've spoken to apr and they're willing to make some aero for the car so it'll be able to add to the high speed corner stability for the m2. Well that's my plan atleast (with alot more supporting mods) let me know if you have any additional ideas!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Isn't that thing ended up costing like $200k? Thought I saw somewhere about the cost.

Will let others chime in with what to do to get you there.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it should be, wheels and tires about ~8K, coilovers ~5k, tune ~1k, aero ~5k, carbon it's ~3k=~22k but that's if you buy over proceed bits, I proceed together a similar build using aero from APR, and carbon fiber hood and trunk lids from two other vendors + cage and seats etc and it came out to $50k and that's covering every single part I personally could think of that would benefit performance, cooling, and suspension geometry. I'd just like to know what mods you guys would do as well.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes that! My bad I forgot the link :/
    A Bridge to Gantry lap isn't a full Nurburgring lap by the way...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh was that not the full nordschliffe? I thought it was because they were claiming it, I'm not sure though. It's still pretty impressive because I believe it's a 10s delta.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh was that not the full nordschliffe? I thought it was because they were claiming it, I'm not sure though. It's still pretty impressive because I believe it's a 10s delta.
    It says BTG so I assume Bridge to Gantry?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know lol, the only time I went to the ring was on a euro delivery and I was too excited from getting the car to remember anything lol.

Either way 7:22 BTG or ~7:32 (10second delta) full ring on basic minor mods which could be improved with more power, grip, and better brakes is pretty impressive imo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know lol, the only time I went to the ring was on a euro delivery and I was too excited from getting the car to remember anything lol.

Either way 7:22 BTG or ~7:32 (10second delta) full ring on basic minor mods which could be improved with more power, grip, and better brakes is pretty impressive imo.
    Yeah definitely can be improved.

Just wanted to point out it's a BTG lap so people don't get confused and think it is a full run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yup totally understandable! I had a hard time figuring out if it was a full ring or not. But it's crazy escpecially since it was during an open lapping day.

I wonder how this compares to an m4 or 1m of similar mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Add about 25 - 30 sec to BTG times, to get an estimate of full Nurburgring lap.

From BTG website...
    It takes a top-end sportscar less than 25 seconds to cover this distance. Most normal cars with a 120mph top speed over 30 seconds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok I stand corrected, still don't know much about the ring lol.

Horsepower will help the car out on larger tracks, handling should be fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok I stand corrected, still don't know much about the ring lol.

Horsepower will help the car out on larger tracks, handling should be fine.
    Here is a good representation of what the M2 platform is capable of. LightWeight Performance M2 CSR lap around the Sachsenring. Very impressive time. Test performed by AutoBild magazine.

LightWeight M2 CSR - 1:29.73

For comparison:
    M4 GTS - 1:33.17
    M4 CS - 1:34.01
    M2 - 1:37.65
    McLaren 720S - 1:29.46
    Ferrari 488 GTB - 1:30.99
    911 Turbo S - 1:31.23

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just realized LightWeight did a S55 swap.

Guess it is proof of what the upcoming M2 Competition could be capable off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice!
    I knew the f87 had a pretty good chassis because the shorter wheel base does allow it to rotate alot easier eliminating the understeer and snap on oversteer I felt in the m4. It just makes the m2 feel so much more balanced.

I was contemplating buying an m2 csl in the future (have a deposit on it, and I'm supposed to be first at my dealer). But I'm having second thoughts, even if I get a csl it's going to require me to still strip it down and swap almost all of the parts. Like the seats most likely will need to go in favor of recaro profi spgs, I'll need a full cage so the half cage is useless, the suspension will probably be swapped for jrz rs pro suspension (I hope they make triple adjustables), I'll need to swap the wheels for a wider set and lighter set, brakes will go in favour of AP racing set, and probably alot more carbon body panels. In terms of engine yes the s55 is alot more advanced but I believe around 550whp to 600whp with proper tire sizes and a wide body to kit support those sizes it reaches the limit of power you can go before it's just a total skid fest and the power becomes unusabale on the track. So a speedtech stage 3 on the n55 is good enough to compete with the s55. Only difference is the s55 has alot more efficient air to water intercooler which can be offset on the n55 with water Injection.