Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was going to go with MHD but I think I'm going to hold off until this is completed. Really liking what I'm seeing so far.
    JB+ for now. too poor for anything else.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    MHD is pretty awesome and I went with it several months ago before I found out about BB going with the cheaper cables instead of BT. I cannot wait to be able to use BB. Alpina, logging, and tuning. So stoked to be able to do it soon!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AsheL Click here to enlarge
    I cannot wait to be able to use BB. Alpina, logging, and tuning. So stoked to be able to do it soon!
    Awesome Click here to enlarge Glad people see the potential and just how great the app is going to be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good job on this guys. Will a github be set up to track updates as they are being rolled out ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by julienjj Click here to enlarge
    Good job on this guys. Will a github be set up to track updates as they are being rolled out ?
    Updates are done here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Honestly, that's the difference between open sourced and free application. The BB App is a free application, it is not open sourced nor will it most likely ever really be due to the sensitive information that is built inside of it using various intellectual property vehicle interface connections. Each different connector has a specific set of instructions and protocols that we had to purchase, sign NDA's to obtain, or request permission to use with assurance of not releasing their propiatary information. Those who have assisted with providing information to make this application what it is and will be deserve the right to have their products remain as secure as possible. The main difference you will notice between this app and others on the mobile platform is that this application will NOT run on a jailbroken or rooted device. Honestly it's the only way to continue to have vendors support the application progress by not revealing their products operating principals.

Otherwise, it's free... :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trevorlee02 Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, that's the difference between open sourced and free application. The BB App is a free application, it is not open sourced nor will it most likely ever really be due to the sensitive information that is built inside of it using various intellectual property vehicle interface connections. Each different connector has a specific set of instructions and protocols that we had to purchase, sign NDA's to obtain, or request permission to use with assurance of not releasing their propiatary information. Those who have assisted with providing information to make this application what it is and will be deserve the right to have their products remain as secure as possible. The main difference you will notice between this app and others on the mobile platform is that this application will NOT run on a jailbroken or rooted device. Honestly it's the only way to continue to have vendors support the application progress by not revealing their products operating principals.

Perfectly stated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just wanted to say: AMAZING WORK!! It's awesome!! Click here to enlarge

If you need testers - let me know. I can test it with simple ODBII cable (tested OK with MHD).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I’d be a happy beta tester too although I know you have enough right now. Just like instant gratification :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Shoot.
    I'll need to buy a different android device then.

... I was dumb. Years ago if you rooted you could get rid of annoying ads. Tried it on my new phone and wasn't the case ... and i'm not sure how to undue it, and I really want to.

But I fully agree with being free and not open. The people who put in the hard work deserve credit and their work should not be stolen. Though the advantage of OS can be that community improvements can be made. No one is perfect nor an expert. There is always someone who can find a simpler way which can save time/power/resources. Always a catch 22.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was having some misfire codes come up when WOT in 2nd but normally fins in 3rd. Decided it might be time to do valve cleaning. Didn’t want to take everything apart did some searches for options. I ended up trying CRC Turbo and valve cleaner. Not sure how well my valves look but after a full on misfire in all cylinders for no apparent reason. I reset everything and took it for a few WOT runs. Very smooth and absolutely no issues afterwards. I just sprayed it through the DV vacuum hose and a little bit through the intake pre turbo. Going to start doing it right before every oil change. Can’t be happier so far

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AsheL Click here to enlarge
    I was having some misfire codes come up when WOT in 2nd but normally fins in 3rd. Decided it might be time to do valve cleaning. Didn’t want to take everything apart did some searches for options. I ended up trying CRC Turbo and valve cleaner. Not sure how well my valves look but after a full on misfire in all cylinders for no apparent reason. I reset everything and took it for a few WOT runs. Very smooth and absolutely no issues afterwards. I just sprayed it through the DV vacuum hose and a little bit through the intake pre turbo. Going to start doing it right before every oil change. Can’t be happier so far
    Does not do much. Cleans about as much as a paper towel can.

Walnut blast is the best and most reliable option.
    I tried the chemical method, didn't do much of anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trevor,

Thank you for all of the hard work you are putting in on this.
    How is the update coming?
    2009 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajoosten Click here to enlarge
    Trevor,

Thank you for all of the hard work you are putting in on this.
    How is the update coming?
    @trevorlee02

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Well, my updates inhale profusely! I'm adding in the 2010 to 2015 Ford Raptor right now to the program. It isn't too bad, but I'm also doing this portion with not much outside assistance due to the sensitivity of the files. I am working diligently, but it is also taking up lots and lots and lots of time. In between time I am also taking on side jobs in order to bring in some immediate income due to my funds that dried up about a month ago...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, my updates inhale profusely! I'm adding in the 2010 to 2015 Ford Raptor right now to the program. It isn't too bad, but I'm also doing this portion with not much outside assistance due to the sensitivity of the files. I am working diligently, but it is also taking up lots and lots and lots of time. In between time I am also taking on side jobs in order to bring in some immediate income due to my funds that dried up about a month ago...
    Understandable. No rush on my end.

Raptor tuning too huh? Awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Understandable. No rush on my end.

Raptor tuning too huh? Awesome.

I'm working on the bin files and adding parameters in the app. I have a vendor's personal vehicle that I am working with in order to add this information into the file system. Unfortunately I'm not a tuner, so I'm not too much help to him on that end...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm adding in the 2010 to 2015 Ford Raptor right now
    Will the newer Ecoboost Raptor be a possibility?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure as to why not

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure as to why not
    That's really, really cool. Figured they tried to make the Ecoboost harder to tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nah, it's the same as the other 2012 to 15 Ecoboost models...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey hows the progress with the app coming? I'm so psyched to flash my car and tried to download the software 2 hours after you removed the linkClick here to enlarge. I would be down to be a tester of the app if wanted.

Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Significant progress is being made right now, I can assure you of that. Interfacing is all new and I have some major assistance with the front end work while I'm working on the back end. Doing both is what has killed me for this long of time. Should be having something over the next week or two to put out for everyone to see and utilize in some sort of capacity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Awesome. Glad to hear about some progress on this. I am probably not the only one too!! You are definitely changing the game here with this. Thanks for all the work you are doing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Awesome. I'm glad you are getting the help. I can't wait to see the results and thank you so much for contributing to this community .

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast