Close

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2375 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamboworld Click here to enlarge
    I bought 10k worth of ETH, LTC and XRP today. My goal is to get it all in Ripple within the next week in anticipation that it will start trading on Coinbase. I will either cash out with a few million if Ripple follows LTC or ETH or lose it all.
    You're in for more than me but I just bought more XRP.

The volume is trending upward in a big way.

I looked away from my screen when it was at .71 and it was at .74 before I clicked buy again.

This stuff is nuts with how quickly it changes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I feel like I’m a pretty smart guy, but this $#@! is way over my head, I’d like to throw a few bucks at it — but Wow
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2375 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Surquhar Click here to enlarge
    I feel like I’m a pretty smart guy, but this $#@! is way over my head, I’d like to throw a few bucks at it — but Wow
    It seems pretty complex at first (and it is) but once you get set up it's not so bad.

It's more a matter of knowing what to buy and when like anything else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have pretty much figured out the process to buy and exchange, but how to hold cryptocurrency seems very complicated. I realize that this is probably the most important aspect of owning this stuff. Maybe some of the very smart people on this board can explain the safest and most efficient way to do this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have pretty much figured out the process to buy and exchange, but how to hold cryptocurrency seems very complicated. I realize that this is probably the most important aspect of owning this stuff. Maybe some of the very smart people on this board can explain the safest and most efficient way to do this.

Well you are ahead of me.
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2375 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe some of the very smart people on this board can explain the safest and most efficient way to do this.
    You want a paper wallet or essentially to hold it where someone else can't access it.

We have coins in an exchange. If someone got in (unlikely) they could send those coins elsewhere. Some exchanges have stolen coins from their customers but those were not reputable exchanges.

If you have a paper wallet, this means it is not online. Nobody can access it as nobody knows the code but you. You send your coins to it. There they stay safe and sound.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You want a paper wallet or essentially to hold it where someone else can't access it.

We have coins in an exchange. If someone got in (unlikely) they could send those coins elsewhere. Some exchanges have stolen coins from their customers but those were not reputable exchanges.

If you have a paper wallet, this means it is not online. Nobody can access it as nobody knows the code but you. You send your coins to it. There they stay safe and sound.

I hear it it and I’ve read thousands of pages. So how do I throw 10k at it?
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hear it it and I’ve read thousands of pages. So how do I throw 10k at it?
    Just do what I did but set aside some time and be patient.

Open a coinbase account. Confirm your identity and add a credit or debit card. Don't transfer from your checking account. I made that mistake and have to wait like 5 days.

Buy as much Bitcoin or ethereum as you are comfortable with or it will let you in coinbase.

Next, decide what coin you want to invest in. You can always just hang onto the bitcoin. As soon as I have a spare $10k and cars aren't sucking down money I'm just putting it all in Bitcoin.

Anyway, open a binance account after coinbase. It has more options for coins and such. You can send your Bitcoin to binance and then buy whatever. Once ripple is in coinbase you can just do it all on coinbase.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    Just do what I did but set aside some time and be patient.

Open a coinbase account. Confirm your identity and add a credit or debit card. Don't transfer from your checking account. I made that mistake and have to wait like 5 days.

Buy as much Bitcoin or ethereum as you are comfortable with or it will let you in coinbase.

Next, decide what coin you want to invest in. You can always just hang onto the bitcoin. As soon as I have a spare $10k and cars aren't sucking down money I'm just putting it all in Bitcoin.

Anyway, open a binance account after coinbase. It has more options for coins and such. You can send your Bitcoin to binance and then buy whatever. Once ripple is in coinbase you can just do it all on coinbase.

Got it. Coinbase .com?
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got it. Coinbase .com?
    That's the one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I thought this stuff was supposed to be anonymous? They sure are putting a lot of effort into tracking you.
    You can stay anonymous by using a site LocalBitcoins or Paxful. They connect you to individuals selling BTC, then use something like Amazon gift card to buy coins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ugh,,
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ugh,,
    ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=Sticky2;780787]?[/QUOTn
    i hate to admit it, but Iím in the dark man
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=Surquhar;780790]
    ?[/QUOTn
    i hate to admit it, but I’m in the dark man
    What are you stuck on? Did you create the coinbase account?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    SKB went from $0.16 to $4.99 (as high as $5.59), in 24hrs... A gain of something like 3000%. And in decent volume too. I wish someone had bought a bunch yesterday. Click here to enlarge

Half these currencies on YoBit have lame names like NYC, Putin, Stalin, USC, etc, intended to attract attention. It's almost impossible to tell what is legit and what is a pump and dump scam.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What the hell is SKB?

Way too many coins. Everyone wants to cash in on the craze.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you guys heard of this one? https://portal.vericoin.info

Uses a dual block chain system that is interesting.

Also, the mining is designed to discourage asic and gpu mining but focus on the cpu instead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What the hell is SKB?

Way too many coins. Everyone wants to cash in on the craze.
    Join YoBit.Net, takes 5 seconds to sign up. Transfer in $100 via LiteCoin or something, and have fun. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Join YoBit.Net, takes 5 seconds to sign up. Transfer in $100 via LiteCoin or something, and have fun. Click here to enlarge
    Signing up. A bit skeptical of sketchy exchanges but they have coins I can't trade on binance plus doge coin which I want just because.

SKB is up huge, wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DOGE coin is interesting because you can merge mine it LiteCoin (e.g. use only minimal extra electricity and processing power to mine it while also mining LiteCoin) so there seems to be a fairly robust market for it. Despite it's really low value. I have 20,000 coins which is like $120 worth, lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wait till a lot of these alt coins are available to buy with usd, the gains will be nuts. Itís probably a good bet playing a big spread with the growth most of these alt coins are seeing right now. Bitcoin is here to stay, a year from now it will be insane. I went in on it with one of my stock accounts using the ticker GBTC (bitcoin trust fund) a few weeks ago and after tomorrow will have doubled my money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I almost bought some GBTC when it was $1360. The problem is it trades at 10-20% premium to owning the actual bitcoins (each share is .092 BTC) and with coinbase it's easy for people to just buy BTC directly. Hard to justify the premium.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 12-17-2017 at 09:31 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I almost bought some GBTC when it was $1360. The problem is it trades at 10-20% premium to owning the actual bitcoins (each share is .092 BTC) and with coinbase it's easy for people to just buy BTC directly. Hard to justify the premium.
    I have to agree. I cannot see any reason to own GBTC when you can buy BTC fairly easy. For now, you can also hide from capital gains buying coins and you certainly can't do this in your brokerage account buying securities that follow them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you guys going to keep buying btc or is it going to burst? The trajectory is insane.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast