Close

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you are planning on hodling, keep your coins off exchanges. Especially BTC when it is about to fork. You might never receive your free forked coins, because the exchange holds your private keys. I’d go with a cold storage paper wallet. Most coins have full node wallets you can download. If you are mining, I’d suggest keeping your wallets on a different computer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Thatís why when the time comes where every Joe Scmhoe can simply call up their broker to buy Bitcoin or alt coins for their portfolios...this sh*t is going through the roof. Just look what happened when BTC futures opened, first sign of mainstream adoption. There will only ever be 21mill BTC to feed accounts. If every millionaire in the world wanted just one Bitcoin, it canít happened. Will there be big corrections from now until then...sure. But crypto is here to stay.
    I agree with you but dear god is this insane.

I had to take a $#@!ing selfie with my credit card to buy bitcoin with it using simplex. A $#@!ing selfie.

Then they asked for my ID.

I thought this stuff was supposed to be anonymous? They sure are putting a lot of effort into tracking you.

Thank god once my litecoin transaction processes with coinbase I won't have to go through with this each time.

Is there any risk in the bitcoin bubble bursting though?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    If you are planning on hodling, keep your coins off exchanges. Especially BTC when it is about to fork. You might never receive your free forked coins, because the exchange holds your private keys. I’d go with a cold storage paper wallet. Most coins have full node wallets you can download. If you are mining, I’d suggest keeping your wallets on a different computer.
    I'm sending everything to a paper wallet. Not counting on an exchange to keep my money safe, no way.

So is ripple going to skyrocket once it hits coinbase?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Someone send me some bitcoin (any nominal amount) just so I can see how this works: 16oFJQ1e8726ZfNMe3DTnDkVqWeoxw97Y1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, it was a gigantic pain in the ass and I had to stay up all night but I now own a bit of Ripple.

Going to probably throw a few hundred more bucks at it and my Litecoin once that processes.

Also considering mining Litecoin now too.

I guess I better start choosing the paint color on my yacht.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In my excitement it seems I locked this thread on accident.

Sorry guys. Open.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Someone just bought $700 million worth of Ripple:

Click here to enlarge

It wasn't me if you were wondering.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then follow him Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Also considering mining Litecoin now too.
    If you happen to have a AntMiner L3+ then it can produce around $25/day right now with LTC. Same as an AntMiner S9 with BTC. But if you don't have one, they are selling for 6months ROI on eBay and back ordered 3mo+ from BitMain in China. The other issue is that from a hardware point of view they are cheap Chinese $#@! not likely to last long. Break downs are common and the 180 day warranty invovles shipping stuff to China and back, not fun. Plus the more of the that are out there the less profitable each one already out becomes.

If you can get one on a 3month ROI I'd say go for it. At 6 months ROI I'd prefer to be the one selling it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Someone just bought $700 million worth of Ripple
    Crap I meant to buy $70 worth. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    If you happen to have a AntMiner L3+ then it can produce around $25/day right now with LTC. Same as an AntMiner S9 with BTC. But if you don't have one, they are selling for 6months ROI on eBay and back ordered 3mo+ from BitMain in China. The other issue is that from a hardware point of view they are cheap Chinese $#@! not likely to last long. Break downs are common and the 180 day warranty invovles shipping stuff to China and back, not fun. Plus the more of the that are out there the less profitable each one already out becomes.
    Why not just go the AMD video card route for mining Litecoin instead of using an ASIC as you would for bitcoin?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not just go the AMD video card route for mining Litecoin instead of using an ASIC as you would for bitcoin?
    There are 3 mechanisms you can use to mine. CPU, GPU, ASIC. GPU runs 10x faster than CPU, ASIC runs 10x faster than GPU. The more people mining the less money you make. Since people mine script (litecoin) with ASICs it's totally worthless to try to mine it with CPU or GPU.

There are some currencies like Etherium that are so called "ASIC resistant" because they require a lot of RAM to solve the calculations, and to make an ASIC chip is almost as much as it costs to make a video card. So GPU mining those currencies you can be competitive. Plus Etherium is on coinbase so you get the idiots trading it pushing the value up.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are 3 mechanisms you can use to mine. CPU, GPU, ASIC. GPU runs 10x faster than CPU, ASIC runs 10x faster than GPU. The more people mining the less money you make. Since people mine script (litecoin) with ASICs it's totally worthless to try to mine it with CPU or GPU.

There are some currencies like Etherium that are so called "ASIC resistant" because they require a lot of RAM to solve the calculations, and to make an ASIC chip is almost as much as it costs to make a video card. So GPU mining those currencies you can be competitive. Plus Etherium is on coinbase so you get the idiots trading it pushing the value up.
    I get it.

Ok, well GPU mining is just easier for me to set up as I'm familiar with building computers with multiple graphics cards so I thought I'd just set up a machine for mining that would work in the background.

I guess Ethereum would be the choice then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's super easy... I've mined $20 so far using my RX570 and part time stealing bandwidth off my wife's NV1060. You're not going to get rich doing this but if you like techie hobbies it's more productive than playing Overwatch... What I normally spent time on when I need a break from cars. Click here to enlarge

First thing you have to decide is what video cards you want to use and how many of them. I crunched the numbers and decided the RX570 had the right might of price, availability, hash-rate, power consumption, and potential resale value for my needs.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's super easy... I've mined $20 so far using my RX570 and part time stealing bandwidth off my wife's NV1060. You're not going to get rich doing this but if you like techie hobbies it's more productive than playing Overwatch... What I normally spent time on when I need a break from cars. Click here to enlarge

First thing you have to decide is what video cards you want to use and how many of them. I crunched the numbers and decided the RX570 had the right might of price, availability, hash-rate, power consumption, and potential resale value for my needs.
    I'm treating it like a hobby for now as it's not like I'm going to run a mining farm or do millions in trades.

It's fun though so far.

I would have made more money if I just held the bitcoin I bought rather than buying Ripple lol. I'm literally watching bitcoin shoot up by the second. It just seems too good to be true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes it's a total crap shoot. Tomorrow BTC will be down 20%, litecoin up 50%, and ripple down 50%. Who really knows. But the best strategy IMHO has to be to own small dollar amounts of various coins that are likely to pop or be added to coinbase. Because then they have legitimate 500%+ growth potential.

What video card(s) are on your computer right now?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What video card(s) are on your computer right now?
    A pair of Nvidia cards and one of them broke so I'm using the integrated intel video right now.

I'm not going to mine with this.

Yes it's a total crap shoot. Tomorrow BTC will be down 20%, litecoin up 50%, and ripple down 50%.
    I agree with all of that except bitcoin. It just keeps shooting up with no end in sight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not mine with what you have, just to familiarize yourself with the setup, etc?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone have bytecoin? Trying to figure where to buy some

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not mine with what you have, just to familiarize yourself with the setup, etc?
    I mean, sure, I start to get familiar with mining but I think this computer's best days are way behind it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean, sure, I start to get familiar with mining but I think this computer's best days are way behind it.
    Sort of irrelevant since its the GPU doing the work. What video card exactly?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sort of irrelevant since its the GPU doing the work. What video card exactly?
    Terry, one of the video cards is broken. I have used the integrated video for so long I forgot they were AMD:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think 2GB is enough to mine Etherium these days. I think the minimum is 3GB. I could be wrong though. If the card is installed you could try something like wineth a really simply GUI base don the claymore miner that works fine to see if it will pick it up and start mining. It doesn't matter what your monitor is connected to. With the GPU rig I'll have the monitor on integrated graphics I'm sure.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2374 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think 2GB is enough to mine Etherium these days. I think the minimum is 3GB. I could be wrong though. If the card is installed you could try something like wineth a really simply GUI base don the claymore miner that works fine to see if it will pick it up and start mining. It doesn't matter what your monitor is connected to. With the GPU rig I'll have the monitor on integrated graphics I'm sure.
    I know what I'm trying to point out is that although I have dual cards the reason I'm on integrated is one is broken.

I didn't even realize this computer was that old until I looked up the specs. It's served me well.

I'm going to build a GPU mining rig for Ethereum that is dedicated to the task.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I bought 10k worth of ETH, LTC and XRP today. My goal is to get it all in Ripple within the next week in anticipation that it will start trading on Coinbase. I will either cash out with a few million if Ripple follows LTC or ETH or lose it all.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast