Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    What does Vargas charge for his twin pump setup? That seems the currently most viable way to make big power PI only.
    It's essentially $1500 (plus a second HPFP) for 800hp DI only. $2k out the door.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think this offering would be worth more than the double barrel, if it works. People who have been around this platform for a while might be more likely to pay for a di solution. I would, just not sure about most of the newer arrivals. If it would make a difference, I would contribute to r&d.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2375 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostE92d Click here to enlarge
    I think this offering would be worth more than the double barrel, if it works. People who have been around this platform for a while might be more likely to pay for a di solution. I would, just not sure about most of the newer arrivals. If it would make a difference, I would contribute to r&d.
    Agreed but I think (and I'm just speculating) if Twisted Tuning pulls off what people are saying is impossible regarding the HPFP pump then this would be the main solution and essentially render the other DI solutions like shotgun obsolete.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KevinC39 Click here to enlarge
    I get there are cheap skates out there but I'd rather pay extra than cut corners on the design. Not to mention it would be less of a headache to get running than a separate PI controller unless I'm misunderstanding.
    This platform is not going anywhere if the vendors only tailor their products to the bottom of the barrel.
    09 BMW E92 335i:Top Mount EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
    07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Agreed but I think (and I'm just speculating) if Twisted Tuning pulls off what people are saying is impossible regarding the HPFP pump then this would be the main solution and essentially render the other DI solutions like shotgun obsolete.
    VTT's shotgun has been around for years, and we still haven't heard anything good about it so far from actual customers. I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I bet it is just another POS from them.
    09 BMW E92 335i:Top Mount EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cloud9blue Click here to enlarge
    This platform is not going anywhere if the vendors only tailor their products to the bottom of the barrel.
    Have to resist making a joke about the target audience...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    VTT's shotgun has been around for years, and we still haven't heard anything good about it so far from actual customers. I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I bet it is just another POS from them.
    I won't disagree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you're bottom of the barrel means the young kids that now can afford these cars because they're so cheap, which is probably a very high percentage of the platform population, how would Twisted recoupe his money then? Do suggest selling it to the select few who can afford it at a ridiculous price so he's not slumming it LMAO?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    If you're bottom of the barrel means the young kids that now can afford these cars because they're so cheap, which is probably a very high percentage of the platform population, how would Twisted recoupe his money then? Do suggest selling it to the select few who can afford it at a ridiculous price so he's not slumming it LMAO?
    There's something to be said for selling to the masses rather than a lesser number of wealthy customers...
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There have been a couple good customer reviews now but still surprisingly little.
    Cadillac CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you really think kids who buy these cars for dirt cheap would be interested in an aftermarket DI setup and take the time to properly set it up and tune it? then I think you are on the wrong forum. give e90post a try instead...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you really think kids who buy these cars for dirt cheap would be interested in an aftermarket DI setup and take the time to properly set it up and tune it? then I think you are on the wrong forum. give e90post a try instead...
    LMAO -2 for my post, What I am saying if priced accordingly he can reach some of those customers also. You'd be surprised what some of those kids can afford but according to you they're "bottom of the barrel". Twisted is in to make money and provide a product why would he limit his profit margin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LMAO -2 for my post, What I am saying if priced accordingly he can reach some of those customers also. You'd be surprised what some of those kids can afford but according to you they're "bottom of the barrel". Twisted is in to make money and provide a product why would he limit his profit margin.
    I honestly donít know what you are arguing about. But I will just finish my train of thought with this.
    Being able to afford =/= interested...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I honestly don’t know what you are arguing about. But I will just finish my train of thought with this.
    Being able to afford =/= interested...
    Not arguing about anything really but you referencing people that may be perceived as less fortunate than you to the "bottom of the barrel" is $#@!ed up and sticky agreeing is even worse by neg repping me 2 points lmao. Being able to afford does = interest

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not arguing about anything really but you referencing people that may be perceived as less fortunate than you to the "bottom of the barrel" is $#@!ed up and sticky agreeing is even worse by neg repping me 2 points lmao. Being able to afford does = interest
    wow, aren't you a drama queen. what i simply mean by "bottom of the barrel" is people who have no real interests in tuning outside a simple OTS flash... the fact still stands if people expect a DI solution to costs less than the PI ones, they have little understanding how these engine works...

they can $#@! all they want, but at the end of the days, getting a reliable +500whp out of these engines (or any engines for that matter) is not for those with a tight budget.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wait, what? Didn't realize I was involved in drama in this thread. You're saying I negged you over something?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Whatever the case, I'm in. Even if it isn't cheap.
    I would already have a shotgun. If it worked, and I wasn't giving money to Tony.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've reached an unusually low limit of my HPFP's capacity. I'm very interested to hear more about this. Even a couple of mm bigger piston and get rid of the sharp 90 degree in the inlet path would be a very decent upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Is wahtever OP is working on compatible with F series N55?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SeanWRT Click here to enlarge
    Is wahtever OP is working on compatible with F series N55?
    F-series N55 HPFP is different from the N54 and Early N55. But i have something coming for those as well.
    Twisted Tuning
    "Increasing the Area Under the Curve"
    Custom ECU Calibrations/High Performance Automotive Solutions
    MHD/SCT/COBB/ECUTEK...and much more!!
    www.twistedtuning.com
    www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bi of advice - Rather than say its coming... tell us when we can expect it? There’s a lot of stuff that’s coming but it’s vapourware until it drops. By knowing an expected date people will stay interested and you wont look like your just baiting them. You can always push the date out but without one....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aus335iGuy Click here to enlarge
    Bi of advice - Rather than say its coming... tell us when we can expect it? There’s a lot of stuff that’s coming but it’s vapourware until it drops. By knowing an expected date people will stay interested and you wont look like your just baiting them. You can always push the date out but without one....
    I've said Q1 of 2018 several times in this thread
    Twisted Tuning
    "Increasing the Area Under the Curve"
    Custom ECU Calibrations/High Performance Automotive Solutions
    MHD/SCT/COBB/ECUTEK...and much more!!
    www.twistedtuning.com
    www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwistedTuning Click here to enlarge
    F-series N55 HPFP is different from the N54 and Early N55. But i have something coming for those as well.
    Is that a HPFP DI solution of some kind? A clean and simple HPFP upgrade is very much appreciated. Doesn't have to support 800~1000whp, to 99% of us BTW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2375 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SeanWRT Click here to enlarge
    Is that a HPFP DI solution of some kind? A clean and simple HPFP upgrade is very much appreciated. Doesn't have to support 800~1000whp, to 99% of us BTW.
    Yes, he's working on an HPFP solution.

If it works, big time news. Others have tried and failed.

I'll pulling for Twisted Tuning to do the impossible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    According to a post on another site, they are focusing more on a N55 solution and have put off the N54 solution because the market for the N55 has more potential/larger demand. The supposed new time for testing the N54 solution is 3rd quarter of 2018.

Sounds like vaporware to me. Probably bit off more than they can chew and just too tough to admit it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast