Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abacus38 Click here to enlarge
    Inb4 BootMod3 vs Fseries MHD debate lol
    Really not interested in drama but...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    DMEs on the E and F series are physically similar but they're very different from the software and communication/flash/diagnostic protocol point of view. BMW has kept certain backwards compatibility as every OEM does of course but only on the diagnostic front. WinKFP that was one of the sources of reverse engineering the N54 flashers as well as E series N55 isn't usable for the F series for instance. You also can't use the USB cable and you need an entirely new protocol stack.

Effort in getting the F series flasher done is orders of magnitude larger than what it takes on the E series which is part of the reason why its taken this long with bootmod3 and why many of the previous BMW flash tuners didn't pursue offering a solution such as bm3.

bootmod3 is available to the public in a beta release across the board which will soon go into full release on the S55 as OTS maps are complete at least for rev 1. It has a number of unique features not available currently out there and development/enhancements are almost daily if not hourly. iOS support as well as a web only interface that's coming for both end users and tuners will expand the user base. Along with that our cloud services will see a build up in features as well as the device which is there for always-on connectivity/features that the device+cloud+app can provide when working together.

On the price front we are currently bundling all the features under one roof as we feel a tuning platform really needs to have all these features to be complete but that might change later depending on end user demand where we split out features so customer can pick/choose their features in a more fine grained fashion like say with MHD, e.g. separate out the datalogging/live dash, flashing custom non-BM3 OTS maps, etc. Last but not least, bm3 (software as well as the device) much like a Cobb Accessport has resale value when/if the customer decides to move on to another platform in the future.

If any questions feel free.
    Everything sounds so complicated, protocol, blah, diagnostic, blah... Wow I feel really dumb for having thought an instant we could offer MHD on F series. You are right we will just drop the ball before even starting. Too bad for the M2 and M3 shop cars. I'll get some bootmod3 licenses.

So as a future consumer, let me know please:
    - what RAM cells do you log apart from the BMW PIDs?
    - what DME software modification have you added?
    - can I run my own 30€ raspberry PI as bootmod agent?

Thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by martial@mhd Click here to enlarge
    Really not interested in drama but...
    It doesn't seem that way but..

Everything sounds so complicated, protocol, blah, diagnostic, blah... Wow I feel really dumb for having thought an instant we could offer MHD on F series. You are right we will just drop the ball before even starting. Too bad for the M2 and M3 shop cars. I'll get some bootmod3 licenses.

So as a future consumer, let me know please:
    - what RAM cells do you log apart from the BMW PIDs?
    - what DME software modification have you added?
    - can I run my own 30€ raspberry PI as bootmod agent?

Thank you!
    No nothing is hard, just takes time, close to 2 years in my case. Might be easier now that someone's already done it I guess, maybe not.

You said you've had all the DMEs since at least February. You've sent me emails suggesting we work together and not waste time competing while I was almost ready to go into first closed beta.

Anyways, look, its all easy stuff really. Anything can be accomplished given enough time, right? Maybe not.

I won't hold it against you to post whatever you want or ask whatever you'd like but don't you think this tone of yours here isn't reflective of the previous tone in your emails? I understand given bm3 is out you see it as competition and that's fine but why the nonsense? Finish what you need to finish and let's see what it does and how great it is when its out there and what 'RAM cells' you 'need' apart from 200+ channels already available and software modifications you 'need' to do given what's already available in the software. Have you even disclosed that level of info for the N54 flasher? Doesn't really matter.

As for the agent, its actually free software and yes you can get your own raspberry pi or any other mini computer, laptop, desktop, tablet and configure it if you like. We'll provide the software just like we do for anyone with a laptop. There's been a few guys running the agent software on windows tablets too that they had laying around. I could care less for hardware sales and in fact its a hassle having to deal with packaging, configuring, shipping, getting stock, getting cases, putting them together, etc.

You're more than welcome to have fun with bootmod3 on your shop cars. I bought MHD for the N54 back in the day and I'll provide you with a bm3 license for what the N54 MHD flasher was when I bought it Click here to enlarge Looking forward to your updates. Cheers -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

MHd update v0.60

What do we have here? Stage 2 and 2 maps!

Click here to enlarge

And a couple of other nice things for the 0.60 build:
    - Added all the stage 2 and 2+ maps.
    - Added a dedicated "Flash a JB4 backend" button.
    - Added adaptations reset: Intake mass flow, Load control, High pressure system.
    - Added misfire count per cylinder log channels.

Enjoy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

MHD update v0.61

Along a revision for all maps, the first version of the MHD flash only e30 map is there Click here to enlarge

v0.61:
    - Added the e30 map
    - new version for the Stage 1/1+/2/2+ maps
    - fixed a rare bug in the license system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Along a revision for all maps, the first version of the MHD flash only e30 map is there http://www.e90post.com/forums/images.../happyanim.gif

v0.61:
    - Added the e30 map
    - new version for the Stage 1/1+/2/2+ maps
    - fixed a rare bug in the license system.
    Awesome.

Not to stoke a fire but how do MHD and Bootmod3 differ?
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Awesome.

Not to stoke a fire but how do MHD and Bootmod3 differ?
    For starters this is only for E series currently while BM3 is only for F series. I'm sure both will eventually cover both platforms.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weehe Click here to enlarge
    For starters this is only for E series currently while BM3 is only for F series. I'm sure both will eventually cover both platforms.
    That's a very good point. Seems each has their own niche at the moment.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

MHd update v0.65

All maps 0.24: reworked torque limiter for 36CA error, and light throttle mapping changes.
    Major revision of the e30 map.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All maps 0.24: reworked torque limiter for 36CA error, and light throttle mapping changes.
    Major revision of the e30 map.
    You do good work man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

MHD update

- Added "Remove top speed (VMAX) limiter" flash option
    - Added "OEM/catted DPs" flash option
    - Added DME fault codes history

The open speed limiter settings were not working on all cars. Now it should! And rather than baking it into the maps, we implemented it as flash option, so it can be used on any map, including even stage 0, custom tunes, or BMS maps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHD Tuning Click here to enlarge
    We already tested the process on two cars and now we are looking for ~5 late E-series N55 enthusiasts to verify the full process is working perfectly.

Requirement for applying
    - you / your tuner must have easy access to a bench flash tool (CMD, KTAG, Byteshooter etc).
    - you must consider that possibly a second bench flash might be necessary
    - you have a MHD Flasher compatible android device and a k+dcan cable.
    - you are willing to provide logs and feedback.
    - you will run one of the OTS maps or get a custom tune by Justin @ Twisted.

If you fulfill the requirements please drop a email to mhd.tuning@gmail.com

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happy anim::cool!::cool!::cool!::cool!::clap::clap::clap ::confused0068::confused0068::confused0068::confus ed0068:

Thanks Martial...hell of an update for those who have been waiting. Lets go guys, email Martial!!!!

Also, to piggyback on Martial's post. I am fully available to perform the unlocks in house. So just food for thought so you don't need to go looking for someone to properly perform the DME unlock for our Closed BETA testing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is awesomeeee. I think now there is exactly zero reason to get a Cobb AP. The E series N55 were the last ones who basically had no other option.
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

Porsche 991.1 PDK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    That is awesomeeee. I think now there is exactly zero reason to get a Cobb AP. The E series N55 were the last ones who basically had no other option.
    i'm not sure i understand your post. We've had tunes for the E-series N55 since October of last year. It was the Late E-series (Post 3-2012) that had the locked DMEs that we had nothing for. The Late E-series is what this post is about.

Cobb never had anything at all for the late E-series. And ever some of the early E-series if they got their DME updated at the dealer. Cobb wouldn't work. MHD covers pretty much all Early ROMs and now bringing supprt to the late E-series owners.

We were just testing the Unlock and flashing on our PS2 equipped Late E-Series N55 last night. Works flawlessly!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    The E series N55 were the last ones who basically had no other option.
    Why is that though?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwistedTuning Click here to enlarge
    i'm not sure i understand your post. We've had tunes for the E-series N55 since October of last year. It was the Late E-series (Post 3-2012) that had the locked DMEs that we had nothing for. The Late E-series is what this post is about.

Cobb never had anything at all for the late E-series. And ever some of the early E-series if they got their DME updated at the dealer. Cobb wouldn't work. MHD covers pretty much all Early ROMs and now bringing supprt to the late E-series owners.

We were just testing the Unlock and flashing on our PS2 equipped Late E-Series N55 last night. Works flawlessly!!!
    What changed? The ecu itself?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, newer ECU, much more complicated protection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why is that though?
    I was just mistaken. Justin knows more than me.

I sold my N55 the end of last year so I didn't realize MHD was already working for them. I am just glad I sold my Cobb AP before MHD finally came out for the N55 because those things are basically worthless now. lol

Can't say I miss the N55 at all now but if I still had it I would be using MHD.
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

Porsche 991.1 PDK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona@motiv Click here to enlarge
    Yes, newer ECU, much more complicated protection.

what Jake said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As always @martial@mhd and myself work hard to bring you guys the best possible solution and product on the market. Given the upcoming closed BETA testing for the Late E owners. Figured i'd wet your palettes a bit more.

Doing some 93oct testing on a Late E-series 135i FBO with Pure Stage 2 Turbo upgrade.

Click here to enlargeMHD Late E-series PS2 Testing 1 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr
    Click here to enlargeMHD Late E-series PS2 Testing 2 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    iven the upcoming closed BETA testing for the Late E owners. Figured i'd wet your palettes a bit more.
    Feedback is apparently very positive from the limited beta.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what Jake said.
    Thanks but which models/years are affected?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Thanks but which models/years are affected?
    build dates post 3-2012

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Martial there is a quote somewhere on this site where you say the Late E series N55 ECU security is the same as the N55 on the F series. Is this known to not be true anymore due to the F series now being unlocked without bench flashes?

Is there some difference where the exploit used on F series simply is not possible on the E series? Bench flash isn't the end of the world, but if its at all avoidable that is preferred of course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by darkrom Click here to enlarge
    Martial there is a quote somewhere on this site where you say the Late E series N55 ECU security is the same as the N55 on the F series. Is this known to not be true anymore due to the F series now being unlocked without bench flashes?

Is there some difference where the exploit used on F series simply is not possible on the E series? Bench flash isn't the end of the world, but if its at all avoidable that is preferred of course.
    Late E does have similar security to the F-series but as of right now after looking into it, the exploit fond on the F-series is not present on the Late E. However, its still being looked into, but currently the Late E will still need to be bench unlocked until further notice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12