Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Tuned BMW F80 M3 drag races McLaren 650S at the strip

Very cool race to see here and the S55 ECU flash tuned BMW F80 M3 is going up against very stout competition in the McLaren 650S. To give you an idea of how capable the 650S a BoostAddict member took his stock MP4-12C to the strip which is slightly less powerful and ran 10.6 @ 135.

Click here to enlarge

The 650S is a very fast car and considerably lighter than the F80 M3. Even in stock form it should be favored over a bolt on tuned M3. We do not know the full specs for the M3 here but it has an ECU flash and assume downpipes along with ethanol, meth, or race fuel. Are the turbos upgraded? It sure seems like it.

The M3 wins the first race. It pulls as the race goes on which just shouldn't happen. The second race however has the 650S get a better launch and it destroys the M3.

The slip doesn't reflect the second result as it shows the M3 as trapping higher and being close to even running 10.5 as well:

Click here to enlarge

Where is the second slip where the 650S dominates? Conveniently left out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think these are the M3 mods:

MTG Tuning Calibration
    MTG Turbo Billet
    METH kit
    305 Tires
    Transmission Upgrade

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would not say conveniently left out the slip maybe, probably ran roughly the same time overall the footage shows a very slow reaction and then a launch it may not be a 10.5 run but still looks stout.
    2011 335is DCT | Pure Stage 2 Hi-Flo Turbos PSP outlets RB Inlets Wagner Evo 2 intercooler | Wagner DP's | JB4 G5/MHD | ER Charge Pipe/Tial BOV | JB4 G5/MHD | BMS DCI's

RIP 2007 E90 335i
    Doc Race Single Turbo | PTE 6266 | TFT Charge Pipe| JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles |
    AR DPs | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    I would not say conveniently left out the slip maybe, probably ran roughly the same time overall the footage shows a very slow reaction and then a launch it may not be a 10.5 run but still looks stout.
    I would say conveniently let out. What's better for a tuner? To show them running even with a McLaren in a slip or getting trounced?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would say conveniently let out. What's better for a tuner? To show them running even with a McLaren in a slip or getting trounced?
    True but was just judging from video looks like he was pulled from launch and slowed pull to match speed near the end, he got tree'd badly but a slip would back up weather or not he ran a consistent time and speed.
    2011 335is DCT | Pure Stage 2 Hi-Flo Turbos PSP outlets RB Inlets Wagner Evo 2 intercooler | Wagner DP's | JB4 G5/MHD | ER Charge Pipe/Tial BOV | JB4 G5/MHD | BMS DCI's

RIP 2007 E90 335i
    Doc Race Single Turbo | PTE 6266 | TFT Charge Pipe| JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles |
    AR DPs | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    True but was just judging from video looks like he was pulled from launch and slowed pull to match speed near the end, he got tree'd badly but a slip would back up weather or not he ran a consistent time and speed.
    Yep. If the slip was there we could easily see what happened but it isn't and I think that is deliberate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    M was asleep at the line on the second run. The gap was created on the launch. The McLaren did not pull on him during. Needless to say, pretty good results from the M car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    M was asleep at the line on the second run. The gap was created on the launch. The McLaren did not pull on him during. Needless to say, pretty good results from the M car.
    Yeah but why is the McLaren trapping so low? I mean 132 is fast but not for a 650S.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah but why is the McLaren trapping so low? I mean 132 is fast but not for a 650S.
    Yeah, I hear what you're saying man...what do they normally trap, like a buck thirty-five or something? But we all know that track location, temps, and air density can have a large impact on times/trap speeds as well. Didn't bother even trying to figure out where these times were run, but could be one of those under performing tracks, or maybe the weather conditions just sucked? It's a possibility anyway. I would say that just makes this particular M4's speed all the more impressive-if in fact that's the situation...and I'm no huge fan of the current M4 btw. I much prefer the older M cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stosh1 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I hear what you're saying man...what do they normally trap, like a buck thirty-five or something? But we all know that track location, temps, and air density can have a large impact on times/trap speeds as well. Didn't bother even trying to figure out where these times were run, but could be one of those under performing tracks, or maybe the weather conditions just sucked? It's a possibility anyway. I would say that just makes this particular M4's speed all the more impressive-if in fact that's the situation...and I'm no huge fan of the current M4 btw. I much prefer the older M cars.
    It's a fast M4, no doubt. Just would prefer the two full slips so we could calculate the DA and all that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's a fast M4, no doubt. Just would prefer the two full slips so we could calculate the DA and all that.
    Yeah, I would be curious to know the DA as well...that might clue us in as to whether we have a sick McLaren, or an exceptionally fast M4.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, Have you done a write up/ article on this Miami tuning group company?

I haven't been following the records for the f80 but isn't 10.5 really damn good? I mean that car is moving considering the 1.8 60ft, $#@! if that was 1.5 he'd be a couple tenths from the 9's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, Have you done a write up/ article on this Miami tuning group company?

I haven't been following the records for the f80 but isn't 10.5 really damn good? I mean that car is moving considering the 1.8 60ft, $#@! if that was 1.5 he'd be a couple tenths from the 9's.
    They were a vendor but honestly I haven't heard anything at all from them. No communication, nothing.

@MiamiTuningGroup