Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 139 of 139
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,698
    Rep Points
    41,014.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    What was that 60'? No reply? Because we know the outcome. If you live in the west, you get high "corrected" dynos, but real uncorrected (low) traps.

    In the east you get low uncorrected dyno's, and high uncorrected traps. Its simple, really.
    Low dyno's but high traps? Just because you say so? Ok.

    Why don't you just take a look at actual slips? Sorry, I'm not putting faith in your extrapolating a rolling 1/2 mile run using different timing equipment to an actual 1/4 mile time.

    Here's some supercharged M3 slips. You have plenty of 130+ runs to choose from. You're just ignoring them:

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    So a turbo car, with more area under the curve, and another 100 whp, is going to trap 122 because you say so?

    LOL nice work man. It's even better when I've gone over 130 myself in an SC'd car and been in the twin turbo cars. You have done neither.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    Projection doesnt suit you, try to avoid it
    Take your own advice.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    95
    Rep Points
    86.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Hell yea sound and performance

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    16.4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Low dyno's but high traps? Just because you say so? Ok.

    Why don't you just take a look at actual slips? Sorry, I'm not putting faith in your extrapolating a rolling 1/2 mile run using different timing equipment to an actual 1/4 mile time.

    Here's some supercharged M3 slips. You have plenty of 130+ runs to choose from. You're just ignoring them:

    http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo.../ArCUvQZ-1.png

    http://www.boostaddict.com/images/im...58730181-1.jpg

    So a turbo car, with more area under the curve, and another 100 whp, is going to trap 122 because you say so?

    LOL nice work man. It's even better when I've gone over 130 myself in an SC'd car and been in the twin turbo cars. You have done neither.



    Take your own advice.
    Imcurious
    At what point do you want to stop selectively omitting information?
    1- DCT for that car, yes? 6MT for TT car, yes?
    2. East coast -3000ft DA for that dct car, 1200-3000+ft DA for TT car yes?
    3. extrapolating 1/4 mile from known 1/2 mile performance has been shown to be accurate, but because it does NOT suit your narrative, extrapolating UNKNOWN 1/2 mile mph from 1/4 mile, is genuine?
    I said east coast dyno low and trap high, west coast dyni's high and traps low. these time slips show this

    Sorry, you just cant intelligently argue against logic.
    A manual trans car will be slower than an equal powered DCT. This is FACT

    A car less than 800hp will trap 30-32mph higher in the 1/2 mile, than it will in the 1/4 mile, STANDING 1/2 mile. This is FACT

    Therefore, it is logical, to say, a car will trap 30mph less in a 1/4 mile, than it will the 1/2 mile, STANDING

    It is also true, that a ROLLING start is good for an additional 10-15mph, regardless of Rolling Race distance, 15-16-2600ft. This is also a KNOWN FACT.


    so which is lying, the dyno, or the timeslips Click here to enlarge

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,232
    Rep Points
    3,912.0
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    40


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    Imcurious
    At what point do you want to stop selectively omitting information?
    1- DCT for that car, yes? 6MT for TT car, yes?
    2. East coast -3000ft DA for that dct car, 1200-3000+ft DA for TT car yes?
    3. extrapolating 1/4 mile from known 1/2 mile performance has been shown to be accurate, but because it does NOT suit your narrative, extrapolating UNKNOWN 1/2 mile mph from 1/4 mile, is genuine?
    I said east coast dyno low and trap high, west coast dyni's high and traps low. these time slips show this

    Sorry, you just cant intelligently argue against logic.
    A manual trans car will be slower than an equal powered DCT. This is FACT

    A car less than 800hp will trap 30-32mph higher in the 1/2 mile, than it will in the 1/4 mile, STANDING 1/2 mile. This is FACT

    Therefore, it is logical, to say, a car will trap 30mph less in a 1/4 mile, than it will the 1/2 mile, STANDING

    It is also true, that a ROLLING start is good for an additional 10-15mph, regardless of Rolling Race distance, 15-16-2600ft. This is also a KNOWN FACT.


    so which is lying, the dyno, or the timeslips Click here to enlarge
    Explain these results from the Fuel-It M4 running the same day during NFZ, also ran the same trap as the TT M3:

    "Fuel-It! Platinum Port Injection kit
    Fuel-It! Platinum LPFP upgrade (in testing)
    Fuel-It! Ethanol sensor
    JB4 (Stage 3)
    Pureturbos Stage 2
    ACFabrication Exhaust
    DP's
    CSF heat exchanger

    BMS Intake
    BMS charge pipes
    BMS Oil Catch Can
    Dobson DCT clutch upgrade
    Bootmod3 backend flash
    Running E85 and Toyo R888 tires

    Our fastest times were as follows: (have timeslips, logs, and vbox results if debate ensues. Click here to enlarge

    Soft dig: 172.8111
    40mph roll: 167.5354 (against a "650 HP Mustang GT350 will post video" Click here to enlarge)

    Best 60-130: 6.48" and 6.53" with a 4' increase in elevation @ 3:47 in the afternoon. Bet we can get this car in to the sub 6's with cooler temps, tune dialed in, and so on.

    It was a long haul for us so I'm trying to recover and get videos rendered today. I'll post them as they are completed.

    First one we have completed is Jason in the M3 against our M4.

    First run we trapped 169.1729

    Second run we trapped 172.8111"


    Source: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...t=37185&page=4

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,698
    Rep Points
    41,014.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    Imcurious
    At what point do you want to stop selectively omitting information?
    1- DCT for that car, yes? 6MT for TT car, yes?
    What info is being selectively omitted? The TT is 6MT. Pretty much all the 10 second M3's are DCT's which means you can expect even more out of a DCT TT car, right?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, you just cant intelligently argue against logic.
    A manual trans car will be slower than an equal powered DCT. This is FACT
    Why would I argue this when this is the exact reason I bought a DCT M3? That was what, 7 years ago?

    Are you new here? Maybe read some of my DCT articles so you can catch up?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    A car less than 800hp will trap 30-32mph higher in the 1/2 mile, than it will in the 1/4 mile, STANDING 1/2 mile. This is FACT
    You can't just ignore every 1/4 mile result for the M3. The 10 second M3's at over 130 miles per hour are all roughly 600 whp supercharged cars.

    It is a FACT a 700 whp twin turbo M3 with more are under the curve, manual or DCT, will be faster. Laws of physics and stuff.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    so which is lying, the dyno, or the timeslips
    Easy, you.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    16.4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Explain these results from the Fuel-It M4 running the same day during NFZ, also ran the same trap as the TT M3:

    "Fuel-It! Platinum Port Injection kit
    Fuel-It! Platinum LPFP upgrade (in testing)
    Fuel-It! Ethanol sensor
    JB4 (Stage 3)
    Pureturbos Stage 2
    ACFabrication Exhaust
    DP's
    CSF heat exchanger

    BMS Intake
    BMS charge pipes
    BMS Oil Catch Can
    Dobson DCT clutch upgrade
    Bootmod3 backend flash
    Running E85 and Toyo R888 tires

    Our fastest times were as follows: (have timeslips, logs, and vbox results if debate ensues. http://www.n54tech.com/forums/images/smilies/wink2.gif

    Soft dig: 172.8111
    40mph roll: 167.5354 (against a "650 HP Mustang GT350 will post video" http://www.n54tech.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif)

    Best 60-130: 6.48" and 6.53" with a 4' increase in elevation @ 3:47 in the afternoon. Bet we can get this car in to the sub 6's with cooler temps, tune dialed in, and so on.

    It was a long haul for us so I'm trying to recover and get videos rendered today. I'll post them as they are completed.

    First one we have completed is Jason in the M3 against our M4.

    First run we trapped 169.1729

    Second run we trapped 172.8111"


    Source: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...t=37185&page=4

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    Easy, what does that car trap in the 1/4 mile?

    oohh... you mean its at an actual +29mph for 1/4 to 1/2 according to the actual vbox?

    ** also note NFZ does not do a TRUE 1/2 mile dig, as shown in the variance from their recorded mph vs the vbox Click here to enlarge

    so thank you for proving the theory correct

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    16.4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What info is being selectively omitted? The TT is 6MT. Pretty much all the 10 second M3's are DCT's which means you can expect even more out of a DCT TT car, right?



    Why would I argue this when this is the exact reason I bought a DCT M3? That was what, 7 years ago?

    Are you new here? Maybe read some of my DCT articles so you can catch up?



    You can't just ignore every 1/4 mile result for the M3. The 10 second M3's at over 130 miles per hour are all roughly 600 whp supercharged cars.

    It is a FACT a 700 whp twin turbo M3 with more are under the curve, manual or DCT, will be faster. Laws of physics and stuff.



    Easy, you.

    easy on the selective information, you are proving me correct time and time again.. your area under the curve and "700"hp theories are getting destroyed by your own comments

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,698
    Rep Points
    41,014.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    easy on the selective information, you are proving me correct time and time again.. your area under the curve and "700"hp theories are getting destroyed by your own comments
    Click here to enlarge

    It's impossible to destroy reality. As I already told you I have run much faster than what you are claiming this car will run and did so with far less power and torque.

    The only thing proved correct here is you have no experience with the platform and prefer to invent math to support an absurd assertion rather than look at actual results.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,232
    Rep Points
    3,912.0
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    40


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    Easy, what does that car trap in the 1/4 mile?

    oohh... you mean its at an actual +29mph for 1/4 to 1/2 according to the actual vbox?

    ** also note NFZ does not do a TRUE 1/2 mile dig, as shown in the variance from their recorded mph vs the vbox Click here to enlarge

    so thank you for proving the theory correct
    Actually, you proved my theory correct. You're an idiot who didnt factor in that the NFZ is not a true half mile and went about bashing the performance of this car with internet racing facts.

    I think you may have forgotten what me and you, specifically, were discussing.

    You claimed, based on the rolling results that this car would trap 122 in the 1/4.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Owner says he ran 167 from a roll...

    Attachment 51690

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sketchy1 Click here to enlarge
    Thatsevenworse.

    for standard dig races:

    carsunder800hp=1/4mph+30=1/2mph.
    "167"-30=137.
    rolling1/2mph=1/4mph+45.
    167-45=122
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah....uh no. This car is not trapping 122 in the quarter lol. I believe this track is shorter than most. Its not a true half mile.

    Sooo... thanks again for proving me correct.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  10. #135
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    WildWest
    Posts
    454
    Rep Points
    1,176.4
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This guy still thinking you can just add numbers to 1/4 to get 1/2 mile results? wtf?

    I'll put some real numbers up.

    1/2 mile: 149.7mph rolling 40mph start.
    1/4mile: 117mph obviously a dig start.

    32.7mph difference.

    Does he not understand every car will be slight different based on gearing and power curve? Or is that crazy talk.
    2010|335i|LMB|E92|6MT|MSport|Logic7|335is Clutch|AE Performance|BMS|Inline Walbro|VRSF 7"|Inlets|
    1992|Pontiac Firebird|Mild 355ci|T56|
    2001|Chevrolet Camaro| T56 LS1| Bolt-ons| -Sold
    -I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Points
    2,688.2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 7plagues Click here to enlarge
    This guy still thinking you can just add numbers to 1/4 to get 1/2 mile results? wtf?

    I'll put some real numbers up.

    1/2 mile: 149.7mph rolling 40mph start.
    1/4mile: 117mph obviously a dig start.

    32.7mph difference.

    Does he not understand every car will be slight different based on gearing and power curve? Or is that crazy talk.
    Crazy talk. Dyno forum racing is the only real racing.
    Cadillac CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    68
    Rep Points
    390.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just an update...
    Saw it posted elsewhere - engine bent two rods. Being rebuilt.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Points
    2,688.2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SVH Click here to enlarge
    Just an update...
    Saw it posted elsewhere - engine bent two rods. Being rebuilt.
    lol i guess not surprising. Stock internals.
    Cadillac CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,698
    Rep Points
    41,014.2
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SVH Click here to enlarge
    Just an update...
    Saw it posted elsewhere - engine bent two rods. Being rebuilt.
    Well... they found the limit.

    The rods definitely are the weak point.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •