Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 89 of 89
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,201
    Rep Points
    1,236.0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I would love to know how it 'really' works. Like do vendors just get rid of $#@! that isn't selling that day? Can all amazon vendors participate? What are the rules etc.
    If I had to guess it might be something along the lines of the Amazon warehouses just trying to get rid of items that haven't been moving. Then maybe sprinkling in some good deals here and there.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Points
    2,377.5
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fishayyy Click here to enlarge
    If I had to guess it might be something along the lines of the Amazon warehouses just trying to get rid of items that haven't been moving. Then maybe sprinkling in some good deals here and there.
    But doesn't the vendor still own the stock even if it is in there warehouse? Or does amazon buy certain products it wants to sell?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,710
    Rep Points
    41,019.0
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fishayyy Click here to enlarge
    No, I didn't. What was special about yesterday?
    I bought so much stuff.

    Mostly I'm excited about the pressure cooker I picked up for $60 bucks or so. It was like 50% off.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,201
    Rep Points
    1,236.0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I bought so much stuff.

    Mostly I'm excited about the pressure cooker I picked up for $60 bucks or so. It was like 50% off.
    I was just reading about it and I guess you have to actually have prime, which I do not. Wish I could have swooped some good deals :/

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,710
    Rep Points
    41,019.0
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fishayyy Click here to enlarge
    I was just reading about it and I guess you have to actually have prime, which I do not. Wish I could have swooped some good deals :/
    I basically was on Amazon all day.

    Prime is well worth it!

    I got signed Mike Tyson boxing gloves for like a 1/3 of the price! All kinds of cool stuff comes up you just have to watch it.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    970
    Rep Points
    1,406.3
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    prime day is basically just Amazon's garage sale. This year they added some better stuff to it because last year the internet was pretty pissed at how amazon hyped Prime day only to find sales on like Amazon Fire phones.

    With that said I did pick up a cheap non-roomba robot vacuum because I have impulse issues.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,710
    Rep Points
    41,019.0
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bringing this back up as I just saw this coffeemaker:



    Ordered.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Strong Island
    Posts
    3,432
    Rep Points
    3,063.0
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    31


    Yes Reputation No
    Why have I never seen this thread.

    Big time cold brew guy here. It's the only way I can have coffee. Brewing it hot gives me mud butt for some reason.

    I have a smaller kit that brews maybe a half gallon....I get my beans from a local coffee spot in Long Beach (not Cali) that are exceptionally smooth, hot or cold. I haven't touched Starbucks ever since.

    I like it for the fact that it's so concentrated that I put 1/3 in my small 18oz hydro flask, 2 ice cubes and it stays cold from 5am til 11am. And that tiny bit of coffee will have me going allllll day.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,710
    Rep Points
    41,019.0
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411


    Yes Reputation No
    I've been using a French Press a lot lately. Cheap, simple, easy.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,710
    Rep Points
    41,019.0
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411


    Yes Reputation No
    I experimented with cold brew for the first time last night.

    Put in a bunch of ground coffee in my french press, put in water, and left it in the fridge overnight.

    Woke up and pressed down on the plunger and it broke due to how thick the coffee was. I fixed it but lost most of the coffee.

    What was left was delicious! I think I'm going to keep trying this cold brew thing. Also, purchase a sturdier french press.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,710
    Rep Points
    41,019.0
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411


    Yes Reputation No
    Cheap and easy cold brew solution: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FFLY64U

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    That's certainly cheap and easy, but how about sturdy? I've had a similar problem as you the one time that I tried cold brewing. I broke the damn thing. haha
    Hi!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,232
    Rep Points
    3,912.0
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    40


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I experimented with cold brew for the first time last night.

    Put in a bunch of ground coffee in my french press, put in water, and left it in the fridge overnight.

    Woke up and pressed down on the plunger and it broke due to how thick the coffee was. I fixed it but lost most of the coffee.

    What was left was delicious! I think I'm going to keep trying this cold brew thing. Also, purchase a sturdier french press.
    Do you have an immersion circulator? I made sous vide "cold brew" and it was damn good. Easy to make it extremely potent, too.

    https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/re...ld-brew-coffee
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    137,710
    Rep Points
    41,019.0
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    411


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Do you have an immersion circulator? I made sous vide "cold brew" and it was damn good. Easy to make it extremely potent, too.

    https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/re...ld-brew-coffee
    I'm just going with this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FFLY64U

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •