Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would like too add , all is going smoothly , that is until i got to the water pump.. The top bolt was stripped , and as you know , has very little access , especially since the car is barely 2 feet off the ground. Ive got to add , what a $#@!!!! 2 hours for one single bolt , i was calm and collected until i got to this bolt , i threw more obscenities for this bolt than i have for any other vehicle ive ever worked on.. I swear , they must have pygmies on these german lines assembling these cars. Kinda just gave up today " ive got a bad back , this job has been extremely taxing , the ups and downs have worn me completely out " will jump back on it in the AM , Do you guys have ANY suggestions to make my life easier? I will remove the right side motor mount and bracket tomorrow , from there the inlets and so forth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you removing the turbos without removing the subframe? I have found it almost impossible to do the job without removing the subframe. Most people don't have a engine support bar but, it's only about $80 at harbor freight and it's well worth it.

The guides I have followed twice now, are the following:
    The Bentley Manual and Vargas N54 Turbo install tips. The bentley manual has a section on n54 turbo removal/install. It should have all the torque specs and instructions. After reading though that, read the turbo install tips. These are very helpful and has made the job way easier.

Now for that stripped bolt, Try to get some needle nose visegrips on them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I removed both turbos without removing the subframe , I hope to finish the car by Sunday night. My bad back has severely limited my work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just realized I forgot to install the rear turbos heatshield. Please say a pray for me lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ouch that sucks. At least all you need to do is loosen the coolant lines on the block. But prayers are being overnighted via UPS for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cars running great. What’s odd is that my blower motor will not engage any longer. Worked flawlessly with no issues wil I fired this thing back up. Any connectors that could have been $#@!ed up when I was under this thing by chance?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Treykwondo Click here to enlarge
    Cars running great. What’s odd is that my blower motor will not engage any longer. Worked flawlessly with no issues wil I fired this thing back up. Any connectors that could have been $#@!ed up when I was under this thing by chance?
    Did you ever get the blower motor recall done? It could've failed by chance. Also if your battery is low,I believe the IBS can lower your max blower motor speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have not in my ownership of the car... But its been absolutely flawless til now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enter your last 7 of your Vin number on the bmw recall site. I have a feeling you might have the recall.

BMW safety recalls

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123