Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)

12 out of 12 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

VM N54 Top Mount Part List/Install Guide

Hey guys, just put together a couple videos to show what you get in the box and a summary of install process. Please excuse the amateur recording job and my shuddering at some points. I just wanted to make sure I could be as informative as possible, without just going on and on.

This thread is being made to help guide everyone installing this kit. I am giving some tips to help aid everyone in their process of installation. Again, we always recommend this job to be done by a professional. This is where you can ask questions and upload pics and videos of your own to help others as well.

Here is just a video of the parts list inside the box.

After you checked off your your list and confirmed all the parts in the box. Moving on to the installation and summary video. Assuming the car is already ready for the turbo kit install, all oil,coolant is drained and everything is cleaned off for new parts.

Here are some pictures of the coolant reservoir relocate for you to understand what is going on:

Cutting the sensor and adding the the 6' line with the butt connectors. Then route the wires from the front of the to the reservoir.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

After you have the wire ready for the reservoir, just set it aside for now. It's time to extend the bottom hose of the coolant reservoir.

First cut about 5" from the head of the connector where the rubber piece is. You will need to attach this to the 90* barb fitting and the coolant reservoir after it is relocated.

The straight barb will take place where you originally cut and add about 3' of hose to the 90* fitting back to the reservoir. Tighten all hoses with the worm clamps provided.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The top of the coolant reservoir will have a long extended plastic hardline. I just pulled that out to shorten the line and plugged it back into the original spot. We give a clamp as well for that to be fitted. Just be careful when tightening this down, it is a plastic nipple!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

After all is fitted, you can tighten the power steering reservoir as well as the coolant reservoir tank in place. This is the outcome of the results when finished.

*Coolant hose will be under charge pipe with 90*barb fitting*
    *Power steering reservoir is first, then coolant reservoir on top for the bracket on the left*

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Now its time for some wastegate fun! This is how it is all setup with the AN fititngs and lines. Make sure to use teflon for all NPT fittings for wastegate and Mac Solenoid.

This is the basis of how it should start, connect the bottom to bottom and top to top:

Top Port Will use the 15 Vacuum Line -4AN Straight to 45*
    Bottom Port will use the 13 Vacuum Line -4AN Straight to 45*

Click here to enlarge

Manifold Bank 1 will have:

Top port with 1/8 NPT to -4AN T (On the Branch)
    Bottom port with 1/8 NPT to -4AN T (On the Run)

Click here to enlarge

Manifold Bank 2 will have both top and bottom port 1/8 NPT to -4AN 90*

Click here to enlarge

Here is how to setup the Mac Solenoid:

Left side will have the 1/8 NPT to -4AN 90* with 8 Vacuum Line -4AN Straight to 90*

Right side will have the 1/8 NPT to -4AN T (On the Run) along with 6 Vacuum Line -4AN Straight on bottom T and the 14 Vacuum Line -4AN Straight to 90* on the other side.

Click here to enlarge

This is with the Mac solenoid in place. The left side of the Mac solenoid will be attached to the TOP of the WG port. The right side of the Mac solenoid with the shorter side will go to the BOTTOM of WG port. The other line will be attached to the compressor housing of the Turbo itself with a 1/8 "NPT -4AN 90*.

*Make sure all other vacuum holes in the WG are covered with the 1/8 fittings provided withing the WG box*
    *Use Teflon Seal on All NPT Fittings!!!!*

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

This is how the WG dump tubes will be routed for people to see how tight of a fit this is:

Click here to enlarge

Last but not least, some photos of the plugs and O-rings you will need to remove from your stock parts.

Coolant Feed outlet, You will need to reuse the Stock O-ring for this application.

Click here to enlarge

This is a coolant drain plug, you will need to reuse the O-rings for this as well as the the oil feed plug.

Click here to enlarge

Again, this is for guidance on our turbo kit and install. If others that have installed have other questions or comments. Please do not be afraid to comment or ask. This is for our community and it is beneficial for us to help each other. I hope this helps some people! Thank you all for your help and support!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Finally!! Nice work gonna help a lot of people out!

Would rep you but apparently I gotta spread it around before I can give you any more lol
    2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo w/ OCDworks Modified T51r Housing, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV, ADV sensors, and many more....
    RIP Click here to enlarge2008 AW/BL 135i
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

wow wish this thread came sooner but it does help alot thanks!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Great Payam,

this will help allot installing my kitClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hell yeahh.
    This will help a lot. Looking forward to install..
    So much parts to install.. The PTE 6466 kit from the video.. That was MInE I think.. ;-)
    Also have BMS PI, and stage 3 fuel it to install.. I don't know where to start. Hahha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Very useful, very helpful, and very well done.

Should answer plenty of questions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very useful, very helpful, and very well done.

Should answer plenty of questions.

Ahhh crap. Sorry for the accident neg rep brother i was trying to pos rep on my phone it sucks. Thanks for the kind words. This stuff can be pretty confusing considering the amount of parts lol
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Ahhh crap. Sorry for the accident neg rep brother i was trying to pos rep on my phone it sucks. Thanks for the kind words. This stuff can be pretty confusing considering the amount of parts lol
    Sorry but you're banned now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Good stuff Payam!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Great thread man. This is going to help a lot of people!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I may write a DIY on this kit if I have time.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    Well, this time you will have much more space. All pictures will be from the top most likely, you don't even have to go on the bottom that much lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Favorite smiley if you havnt noticed haha
    2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo w/ OCDworks Modified T51r Housing, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV, ADV sensors, and many more....
    RIP Click here to enlarge2008 AW/BL 135i
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @fastgti69 do you guys just run the PCV VTA?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MM Performance Click here to enlarge
    @fastgti69 do you guys just run the PCV VTA?
    I had it routed back to my intake filter, but that's a no no LOL. I'll post in another thread what happened and my dumb 2k mistake. So for now it is VTA after the OCC yes, and I am using the AD fittings with blocked ports.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    You always write amazing DIY's and everyone appreciates it!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 E90 335i VM Top Mount 6467 1.0AR, BMS PI, AIC controller, JB4 G5 ISO, Fuel-it STG 3 LPFP, Spec S3+, H&R Race Springs, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Koni Yellow adj, VMR V701, PSS tires, Forge 004 dual piston BOV's, BMS CP, 6X6X22" godspeed intercooler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread is very helpful, thanks!

What size coolant hose is used to extend the reservoir tube?
    C6 Z06 - 600whp+ (Chuck MF'ing Norris)
    '10 335i - 830whp (Bruce Lee)
    '07 335i - 380whp (Dolph Lundgren)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    This thread is very helpful, thanks!

What size coolant hose is used to extend the reservoir tube?
    We use 5/8" heater hose about 3-4ft of it. 3/4" barbs to couple them etc and wiring.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm almost convinced into going the ST route and love what I'm seeing about your kit....except one thing. On your web site, it list JB4 is listed as recommended hardware. What is needed to run this kit with only a flash tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Fantastic walk through of the top mount process, great write-up!!!!
    FBO|Backend Flash E60 mix| MFactory LSD/Diff Bushings| MFactory SMFW/335is Clutch| VRSF 7"| BMW Performance SSK| MTEC H8 7000k Angel Eyes| D1S Bulbs-6000k| Underground Euro HID Foglights-6000k| Aero Lip| CF rear spoiler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EJ_Reynolds Click here to enlarge
    I'm almost convinced into going the ST route and love what I'm seeing about your kit....except one thing. On your web site, it list JB4 is listed as recommended hardware. What is needed to run this kit with only a flash tune?
    Thank you for the kind words. We recommend Jb4 because of its user friendly ability to do almost ANYTHING. Between map switching on the fly, the logging ability, boost control by gear, etc etc.

If you do not want to run a Jb4, and run only a flash tune. You will need a boost controller, something like the Hallman pro etc. I know Jake@Motiv uses that for the cars he tunes. You will set a boost pressure, and he will tune around it etc.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostDr Click here to enlarge
    Fantastic walk through of the top mount process, great write-up!!!!
    Thank you sir, I really appreciate that!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you for the kind words. We recommend Jb4 because of its user friendly ability to do almost ANYTHING. Between map switching on the fly, the logging ability, boost control by gear, etc etc.

If you do not want to run a Jb4, and run only a flash tune. You will need a boost controller, something like the Hallman pro etc. I know Jake@Motiv uses that for the cars he tunes. You will set a boost pressure, and he will tune around it etc.
    Good to know, thanks for the info. This kit (and thread) is awesome. Continue thriving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Dont forget No Lift Shift....even if some users are afraid of it *cough cough*Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys, what kind/type of stineless steel hose should i use? I understand, it should be 4AN, but my concern is temperature range, it seems to be very hot over there and lines can be destroyed easily...
    YOU CAN!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast