Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Alfa Romeo readying new high performance engine line including a 480 horsepower turbo V6 for their new sedan

Alfa Romeo is getting serious about high performance cars and reinventing the brand. There will be two new gasoline units and a new diesel unit. The 2.9 liter V6 gasoline motor will be a variant of the 3.0 liter twin turbocharged V6 developed by Ferrari and used in Maserati products.

Click here to enlarge

Alfa Romeo is expected to squeeze 480 horsepower out of the motor which certainly is impressive. It motor will likely appear under the hood of the new Alfa Romeo mid-size sedan.

The other gasoline unit will be a 2.0 liter turbocharged inline-4 that will likely make its way into the majority of Alfa Romeo vehicles. Output will range from 180 horsepower to 330 horsepower. Imagine the high output 330 horse variant in the 4C.

The 2.2 liter diesel motor will make up to 210 horsepower but it will not makes its way to the USA.

Alfa Romeo intends to expand sales significantly. Their new sedan will likely make it to the USA and take on its direct German rivals. If it is packing some serious heat along with Italian styling, it definitely will have an impact.

Source

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sexy car, I love alfas. It would be nice to start actually seeing them around over here in the US.
    My buddy in SF has like 7 older alfas but I really don't see many on the roads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Alfa is planning a big expansion so we hopefully will see more in the US.