2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ready for Halloween:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alexx03 Click here to enlarge
    i never bothered with the training collars,bullies are to stubborn. my girl would have chocked herself out before learning anything lol i just bought a really thick body harness and a branch off a tree to smack her in the butt with.
    Read this over again and this.

He doesn't give a $#@! about the training collar. He knows he will choke himself but if he wants to go after something he just goes. He will choke himself until he throws up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

He doesn't give a $#@! about the training collar. He knows he will choke himself but if he wants to go after something he just goes. He will choke himself until he throws up.
    Have you tried the whole STOP when hes pulling and when he relaxes then you walk thing?

I use pincher collars on mine. They are the least bit effective. The big dog Chaucer is good when my GF walks him but she is also more discipline when it comes to training. The other day this yappy thing started going after my 10 month old pit and Chaucer the big dog literally ripped out of the collar to protect him like it wasn't $#@!. He came back over to me and sat down for me to put it back on him once he broke it up. Luckily his has a 200-250lbs breakaway latch.

Its funny Chaucer doesn't slobber or drool in the least bit. His toys are always disgusting though, so when my GF would play with him in the park she'd make him carry his own toy back otherwise she'd leave it. Well now he thinks its a treat to walk with the toy so he doesn't pull, tear up grass after he goes the bathroom, or care about anything else going on besides walking and marking.
    Formerly 3000GT MR

Have a single turbo and/or tired of burning up O2 sensors? Ask me about the new ADV retro kits!
    Please Email me at ChrisKinnovations@gmail.com in lieu of PM's for fastest response on any topics.

Click here to enlarge
    335i
    E92 2010
    Mods: VM 6466 top mount, VRSF IC, twin disk, and lots more!
    335i VFF900 E90 2009 RIP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 3000gt MR Click here to enlarge
    Have you tried the whole STOP when hes pulling and when he relaxes then you walk thing?
    Yes. He stops. Then pulls again. So I stop. Then he stops. And we continue on this way until we get about 3 feet in 10 minutes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes. He stops. Then pulls again. So I stop. Then he stops. And we continue on this way until we get about 3 feet in 10 minutes.
    Yeah Chaucer learned the hard way. He knows if i say "park" or "swim" so he gets excited to go to the dog park in my neighborhood or swim in the lake. He knows if he starts pulling then i'll stop and he HATES it. So he behaves a little better then. Other than that he keeps a certain tension on the leash. The little guy was great when we first got him when he was weak and malnourished. Now that hes built like a brick $#@! house he pulls pretty hard. He just doesn't get it yet. Once i get him to stop chewing every blanket, shoe, and $300 pair of sunglasses then we'll work on the pulling.
    Formerly 3000GT MR

Have a single turbo and/or tired of burning up O2 sensors? Ask me about the new ADV retro kits!
    Please Email me at ChrisKinnovations@gmail.com in lieu of PM's for fastest response on any topics.

Click here to enlarge
    335i
    E92 2010
    Mods: VM 6466 top mount, VRSF IC, twin disk, and lots more!
    335i VFF900 E90 2009 RIP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Phenomenal.
    [I]E88 N54 w stuff
    MB w205 c450

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And this is why I love German Shepherds. I never put mine on a leash and he won't do anything without my approval.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCChris Click here to enlarge
    And this is why I love German Shepherds. I never put mine on a leash and he won't do anything without my approval.
    I had a lab/shepherd/terrier mix who lived to 15. From the time she was a puppy up until the last time we had her on a leash she was TERRIBLE on the leash, would choke herself out.

However, take the leash off and she was perfectly fine. Would walk right along side of you, would stop when you said stop, wouldn't run off if she saw another dog/cat/bird/whatever. Put her on the leash and she was a completely different dog.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Try this.

http://store.petsafe.net/easy-walk-harness

I have 3 pullers with one being extremely bad and this is like clipping on a new dog. The harness itself is a piece of crap as far as materials go but it works. Pulls the dogs shoulders as they try to tug. I've used so many different ones and this is the best b far

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    Try this.

I have 3 pullers with one being extremely bad and this is like clipping on a new dog. The harness itself is a piece of crap as far as materials go but it works. Pulls the dogs shoulders as they try to tug. I've used so many different ones and this is the best b far
    What the hell, worth a shot. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Try this.

Just ordered this on Amazon for $17. I'll let you know how it goes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone think Tank has a shot of breaking this record? http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...gh-by-a-405506

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let me know how that harness works out. My dog put on a few pounds since it cooled off here and i think i have to get the next size up now cause he looks like a fat girl in a belly shirt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let me know how that harness works out. My dog put on a few pounds since it cooled off here and i think i have to get the next size up now cause he looks like a fat girl in a belly shirt
    Forgot to update this.

Anyway, the harness works. It doesn't stop him completely from pulling but he's more behaved on it.

He's just stubborn as $#@! and it looks like I'll never get him to stop pulling completely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I saw this today and it blew my mind:

Then I saw this:

I wonder if I can get my dog to do dog agility? English bulldogs never seem to be featured but damn it I think he can do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Finally found a solution that works: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NLW6SG/

He pretty much respects it although he still pushes the boundaries. When it shocks him he gets pissed off but mostly he stops when he hears the beep.

Transforms walks. No longer a battle of tug of war.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567