Close

    • World's first 1000+ whp BMW F80 M3 - RK Tunes single turbo S55 hits 1003 rear wheel horsepower

      Way to make a new S55 platform (F80 M3 and F82 M4) record in style! Congratulations to RK Tunes who is the first to top the vaunted 1000 rear wheel horsepower mark in their F80 M3 which features an S55 single turbo conversion.


      Just 5 days ago RK Tunes set the horsepower record for the platform at 877 rear wheel horsepower. Well, that bar is now raised to 1003 at the wheels:


      Jordan H. of RK Tunes states there is more in it but this is where he will keep it for now. Hopefully we get more details such as boost and fuel and also get to see this thing do some damage in the real world.

      A new era of S55 performance is officially here.

      Motor Assembled in house by RK-Tunes
      Pauter rods
      ARP head studs
      Wiecso Maximum PSI Spec Pistons
      Maximum PSI Keyed Crank Hub
      Custom Top Mount manifold by Ricky at 88 Lab
      Dodson Clutches
      DSS Driveshaft and Axles
      Treadstone 4.5" Intercooler
      Southbay 1200cc port injectors
      Custom fuel system
      Chinese Intake Manifold
      TPG modified rear brake calipers
      17" wheels with drag radials or slicks
      BC Racing 2-way shocks and custom suspension

      This article was originally published in forum thread: World's first 1000+ whp BMW F80 M3 - RK Tunes single turbo S55 hits 1003 rear wheel horsepower started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 27 Comments
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        Awesome. That was quick enough. Beat the n54 which blows my mind given their time in the market.

        Faster than the 2jz iirc.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
        Awesome. That was quick enough. Beat the n54 which blows my mind given their time in the market.
        Seriously.

        But better block, better head, better fuel system, etc., pays dividends.

        The S58 will likely also have little trouble if it follows the same recipe.
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        What type of dyno is that?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
        What type of dyno is that?
        Dynocom. Reads like a Dynojet.
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Dynocom. Reads like a Dynojet.
        Be nice to see it on a dynojet plotted via rpm eh?

        I'm surprised Motiv or VTT didn't hit 1k 1st. I think Motiv has been the closest iirc.
      1. Abacus38's Avatar
        Abacus38 -
        Actually the s55 head is same as the n55 head and both sucked. ABR tested a stock N55 head and it only flowed 170 cfms. IMO they prob would have hit 1000whp sooner if they didn’t have to worry about the crank hub issues. I can’t wait to see some 60-130 times. With the DCT iT soon be in the 4s range
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abacus38 Click here to enlarge
        Actually the s55 head is same as the n55 head and both sucked.
        It's the exact same? I mean still better but not by much.
      1. Abacus38's Avatar
        Abacus38 -
        Yeah give me a second I’ll pull the tech document for you. It’s the same exact spec lol
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's the exact same? I mean still better but not by much.
        As far as I know yes. BMW cutting corners and saving money...then again, at stock power levels is a better head needed or worth the money to BMW? I would highly doubt it.

        Shame. But it makes sense. You can only port so much and install larger valves to a point on an n55 head. Same with the n54.

        Unless I am mistaken no cams exist yet. I'm sure they would help at this power level.
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Dynocom. Reads like a Dynojet.
        It absolutely does not, and it is another type of dyno where you can vary the reading widely by changing settings, the ones dyno that does not allow that is a dyno jet. Not saying this is anything other than impressive, as its super impressive. Just saying they do not call them "dynoqueencom's" for nothing... They usually read a good 10% higher than a Dynojet which at 1000WHP is nothing to sneeze at.

        https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/4055...s-dynojet.html
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        It absolutely does not, and it is another type of dyno where you can vary the reading widely by changing settings, the ones dyno that does not allow that is a dyno jet. Not saying this is anything other than impressive, as its super impressive. Just saying they do not call them "dynoqueencom's" for nothing... They usually read a good 10% higher than a Dynojet which at 1000WHP is nothing to sneeze at.
        Sure you can mess with the settings but when left to be it reads like a happy Dynojet.
      1. Abacus38's Avatar
        Abacus38 -
        I didnt know that
      1. 135idct's Avatar
        135idct -
        post the full dyno sheet.

        how many psi 37?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
        post the full dyno sheet.

        how many psi 37?
        You would have to ask RK Tunes for that.
      1. Mm3boost's Avatar
        Mm3boost -
        Great peak numbers! Area under the curve takes a hit without the twins it looks like.
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Sure you can mess with the settings but when left to be it reads like a happy Dynojet.
        Again, no it doesn't. Again they do not call them "dynoqueencoms" for nothing. This is most likely 10% over what a dynojet would see, and prob 15-20% over a Mustang, plenty of DJ's on the east coast if he wants to prove its a legit 1000WHP, would be very easy, and cheap to do. Curious to see how this performs in the 60-130 etc. With that curve, it's not going to help much in the 1/4 as he won't be able to get it off the line.
      1. lulz_m3's Avatar
        lulz_m3 -
        Hrm, a few days in and a fight between @Sticky and @Tony@VargasTurboTech ensues. Who saw that coming? My money is on atleast 3 more pages of back-and-forth.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Again, no it doesn't. Again they do not call them "dynoqueencoms" for nothing. This is most likely 10% over what a dynojet would see, and prob 15-20% over a Mustang, plenty of DJ's on the east coast if he wants to prove its a legit 1000WHP, would be very easy, and cheap to do. Curious to see how this performs in the 60-130 etc. With that curve, it's not going to help much in the 1/4 as he won't be able to get it off the line.
        Look the Dynocom reads favorably but if you look at tuners like TT-FS who have theirs dialed in properly, yeah, it reads like a happy Dynojet.

        I definitely agree the Dynocom reads higher in general so not sure what there is to debate.
      1. Mm3boost's Avatar
        Mm3boost -
        I'm not that familiar with dynocoms, do they load the engine differently? Wondering if that would have something to do with that very late and short torque curve.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mm3boost Click here to enlarge
        I'm not that familiar with dynocoms, do they load the engine differently? Wondering if that would have something to do with that very late and short torque curve.
        An eddy brake is optional but I think his is just inertia like a typical Dynojet.