Close

    • Ghassan Automotive offering G800 built/forged N54 motor - $6990

      Want a completely built off the shelf N54 motor you can swap right in? That is what the Ghassan Automotive G800 N54 engine offers. It is rated to reliably hold ~800 wheel horsepower and Ghassan Automotive proved this capability in their own record setting N54 drag car.


      What does the G800 include?

      You will be getting a fully remanufactured N54 engine with our upgraded racing specs, upgraded bearings, custom forged rods, custom forged pistons, and ARP head studs. It is recommended to pin the crank ($495) or go with an aftermarket crank hub solution.
      There is a $1000 core exchange which is refunded once they get your core. Just contact Ghassan and arrange shipping.

      There are additional upgrades if you want them:

      • CNC ported head $2395
      • Upgraded Valve Train $1695
      • Upgraded Cam Shafts $1495
      • Closed Deck Engine Block $1195
      • Cylinder Sleeves $1895
      • Fire Rings $495
      • ARP Main Studs $495

      Truth be told there are few proven reliable N54 aftermarket engine builds and Ghassan Automotive is one of those that is proven. The G800 is the same recipe used in their E82 drag car.

      Product page: https://www.ghassanautomotive.com/pr...54-g800-engine












      This article was originally published in forum thread: Ghassan Automotive offering G800 built/forged N54 motor - $6990 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 6 Comments
      1. maxnix's Avatar
        maxnix -
        Closed deck looks good. Surprised they do not offer fueling solutions also.

        Doubly funny they are maintaining fog lights in their 1er which means it was not a 135i originally or it is a funky custom front bumper cap. Oh well, at 1320' per trip, probably does not matter.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
        Surprised they do not offer fueling solutions also.
        Probably because there are established vendors who specialize in this area.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
        Doubly funny they are maintaining fog lights in their 1er which means it was not a 135i originally or it is a funky custom front bumper cap. Oh well, at 1320' per trip, probably does not matter.
        Looks like an aftermarket E90/92/93 M3 knock-off design, and not an OEM bumper.
      1. GhassanAutomotive's Avatar
        GhassanAutomotive -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
        Closed deck looks good. Surprised they do not offer fueling solutions also.

        Doubly funny they are maintaining fog lights in their 1er which means it was not a 135i originally or it is a funky custom front bumper cap. Oh well, at 1320' per trip, probably does not matter.
        We do not offer our own fuel system however we work with many great vendors/products. Our 135i is using a 5.0 Gallon per min Aeromotive brushless gear pump, as for the bumper situation, the car is a 2008 BMW 135i by VIN, we went with an aftermarket 1M style bumper when we repainted the car.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhassanAutomotive Click here to enlarge
        We do not offer our own fuel system however we work with many great vendors/products. Our 135i is using a 5.0 Gallon per min Aeromotive brushless gear pump, as for the bumper situation, the car is a 2008 BMW 135i by VIN, we went with an aftermarket 1M style bumper when we repainted the car.
        Oh yeah, I always forget about the 1M.

        What is the process of closing up the deck? Does the casting get machined out to specific dimensions and a filler piece is pressed into the top? Any welding involved?
      1. jeff15's Avatar
        jeff15 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
        Oh yeah, I always forget about the 1M.

        What is the process of closing up the deck? Does the casting get machined out to specific dimensions and a filler piece is pressed into the top? Any welding involved?
        No welding involved. Simple explanation, aluminum piece is CNC'ed and put in