Close

    • BMW N54 Gen2 Garrett 3582R turbo with Steed Speed bottom mount kit making 682 whp - 600 wtq by 3500 rpm

      The Steed Speed bottom mount manifold sure seems to be efficient as evidenced in the graph below. At roughly 22 psi of boost at 3500 rpm the motor is making just about 600 lb-ft of torque at the wheels on a Dynojet.


      That is pretty good spool.

      CES Motorsport claims this setup is good for 850 wheel horsepower but they have yet to prove it.

      Either way, 682 whp with this torque curve is nothing to sneeze at:


      There are those who like keeping it stealth and of course others who love a big top mount turbo in the engine bay.

      It's good to have options.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: BMW N54 Gen2 Garrett 3582R turbo with Steed Speed bottom mount kit making 682 whp - 600 wtq by 3500 rpm started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 10 Comments
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Impressive!
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        @Sticky Looks more like 600 WHP / 400 WTQ at 3500 RPM in the graph that was posted. Still very impressive, though.
      1. KevinC39's Avatar
        KevinC39 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky Looks more like 600 WHP / 400 WTQ at 3500 RPM in the graph that was posted. Still very impressive, though.
        Look again
      1. DisCiteFullRetard's Avatar
        DisCiteFullRetard -
        Cmon man, in units of HP and lb-ft torque is always going to being higher than HP until they cross at 5252 rpm.

        But to the point of the post, that curve looks pretty sweet. More info on the car associated with this dyno?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DisCiteFullRetard Click here to enlarge
        More info on the car associated with this dyno?
        I don't know anything more about it unfortunately.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DisCiteFullRetard Click here to enlarge
        Cmon man, in units of HP and lb-ft torque is always going to being higher than HP until they cross at 5252 rpm.

        But to the point of the post, that curve looks pretty sweet. More info on the car associated with this dyno?
        Ah, I see. Torque is 600 at 3500 RPM. Not sure why they use red on red, but I should have realized the torque line was on top. Click here to enlarge I also though the title meant 682 WHP at 3500, but I guess he was referring to peak power. Double fail...

        That’s pretty ridiculous torque for a big single, so low in the RPM. Must pull like crazy.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
        I also though the title meant 682 WHP at 3500, but I guess he was referring to peak power.
        I was. I thought I broke it up with the - but I can see how one would miss it.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I was. I thought I broke it up with the - but I can see how one would miss it.
        It was pretty clear for someone with good reading comprehension, Iím just slow.

        I wish the Steed Speed manifold was available back when I had my 335i. It is a very nice piece!
      1. Brule's Avatar
        Brule -
        Title is incorrect.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brule Click here to enlarge
        Title is incorrect.
        How so?