Close

    • World's strongest BMW DCT transmission build - ASR Kratos 1350+ horsepower BMW F80 M3 testing the Dodson Promax 12-plate DCT and billet sump pan

      Where we left off with the KRATOS F80 M3 was with it making 1163 horsepower to the rear wheels and raising the S55 power output record to new heights. Well, their Dodson Sportsman+ DCT setup became taxed so in order to move further and reliably hold all that torque a new DCT build was necessary.


      Enter the Dodson Promax DCT. This setup was announced in late 2018 but it took a while for it to come to market and ASR/KRATOS is the first to test it in a BMW DCT application.

      The Dodson Promax dual clutch transmissions are well known in the GT-R and Huracan tuning worlds for giant power and record setting applications.

      In addition Dodson delivered a new sump pan for the DCT which is similar in approach to their Huracan/R8 application. It is a stiffer billet piece that helps with keeping the transmission cool.

      How far is the KRATOS F80 M3 going to go? Well, we are going to find out.

      Quote Originally Posted by KRATOS
      The new ProMax 12 Plate Clutch system for the S55 from Dodson will be in testing with our development vehicles as well as their Billet DCT Sump Upgrade with replaceable filters!

      We are proud to work with manufacturers who share our passion for uncompromising quality and performance.

      More pics and information to come! Stay tuned.



      The Billet Sump Upgrade for BMW DCT.

      The only upgrade of its kind for this platform, it features enlarged and improved heatsinks to aid in cooling of transmission fluid.

      It also features a patent pending baffle design and replaceable filters.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: World's strongest BMW DCT transmission build - ASR Kratos 1350+ horsepower BMW F80 M3 testing the Dodson Promax 12-plate DCT and billet sump pan started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 5 Comments
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Damn, if the DCT can handle 1350 HP with just a clutch, pan, and filter upgrade, that will be amazing!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
        Damn, if the DCT can handle 1350 HP with just a clutch, pan, and filter upgrade, that will be amazing!
        Click on the Promax link. It's more involved than that.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Click on the Promax link. It's more involved than that.
        Looks like it's just clutch components:

        • - Clutch lid
        • - Large basket
        • - Small basket
        • - Large frictions and steels
        • - Small frictions and steels
        • - Clutch centre core
      1. Sales@KRATOS's Avatar
        Sales@KRATOS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
        Looks like it's just clutch components:

        • - Clutch lid
        • - Large basket
        • - Small basket
        • - Large frictions and steels
        • - Small frictions and steels
        • - Clutch centre core
        The Dodson Promax for the S55 is the only dual clutch system in the world that is entirely machined from scratch. Every component of its 12 plate design is one off. It combines the highest torque handling capacity of any clutch system currently offered for the S55 as well as advanced cooling design in conjunction with superior durability and drivability.

        We're really looking forward to testing the Promax with our KRAS55Ti's and will keep eveyone posted with updates and results!
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@KRATOS Click here to enlarge
        The Dodson Promax for the S55 is the only dual clutch system in the world that is entirely machined from scratch. Every component of its 12 plate design is one off. It combines the highest torque handling capacity of any clutch system currently offered for the S55 as well as advanced cooling design in conjunction with superior durability and drivability.

        We're really looking forward to testing the Promax with our KRAS55Ti's and will keep eveyone posted with updates and results!
        Definitely looks badass. I imagine some of the F10 M5 guys are going to be interested in this as well with the extra weight and and 1,000+ WHP builds.