Close

    • Doc Race BMW F80 M3 an F82 M4 S55 bottom mount twin turbo kit begins shipping at $7495 - Various Garrett turbo options

      Doc Race delivered and their twin turbo upgrade kit for the BMW S55 motor that they showed under development for a little over a year is now officially shipping. Doc Race documented their work well and updated enthusiasts as they progressed throughout the process.


      It just goes to show how much time and effort it takes to properly design a kit for larger twins. It also shows why so few can deliver on the promise as the time, dedication, revisions, etc., are taxing for any company.

      Quote Originally Posted by Doc Race
      The DOC Race Twin Turbo Kit was developed for the hardcore S55 enthusiast who is looking to extract as much out of their engine as possible! This is the true game changing kit that will change the S55 aftermarket world forever. Although we have changed every single component in the factory turbo system this kit will bolt up like factory leaving you with an OEM appearance. No cutting or modifying parts. Your factory air boxes and exhaust system can even be used leaving virtually no signs of the kit to the untrained eye. With this kit you do not have to send us your core to be modified. You will receive all brand new parts and components. The best thing about this kit is you can exchange out your turbos down the road if you decide to go with a larger set. You won't have to replace the complete kit.
      As for the power output, Doc Race is offering several Garrett turbo options:

      Quote Originally Posted by Doc Race
      We are using Garrett ball bearing turbos with this kit. Garrett has been known in the industry to offer reliability and performance in one package. There's a reason OEM manufacturers use Garrett! You will get years of worry free performance from this package. The last thing you want is warranty work which could take weeks, possibly months and thousands of dollars in labor.
      • Uses Garrett ball bearing turbos
      • Uses Tial wastegates
      • Large tube exhaust manifolds
      • Bolts to factory or any aftermarket exhaust
      • Bolts to factory or any aftermarket intake
      • All exhaust components will be ceramic coated

      Here are the turbo options:

      GTX2871R- 800hp
      GTX2876R- 850hp
      GTX3071R- 900hp
      GTX3076R- 1000hp
      GTX3576R- 1100hp
      GTX3582R- 1200hp
      Gen2 GTX2867R- 850hp
      Gen2 GTX2871R- 900hp
      Gen2 GTX3071R- 1050hp
      Gen2 GTX3076R- 1150hp
      Gen2 GTX3576R- 1300hp
      Gen2 GTX3582R- 1400hp
      Gen2 GTX3584RS- 1600hp

      Now, we would definitely like to see some dynos and Doc Race would as well. They are encouraging customers with a $5k offer to the first person who breaks 1000 whp with this kit.

      Hopefully we will have results to share soon as orders ship out shortly.








      This article was originally published in forum thread: Doc Race BMW F80 M3 an F82 M4 S55 bottom mount twin turbo kit begins shipping at $7495 - Various Garrett turbo options started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 11 Comments
      1. imola_shaun's Avatar
        imola_shaun -
        Wowzer
      1. AWSAWS's Avatar
        AWSAWS -
        Seeing 1600hp would be quite a sight.
      1. Abacus38's Avatar
        Abacus38 -
        Max Psi is dropping this in their m3 cant wait to see the results
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abacus38 Click here to enlarge
        Max Psi is dropping this in their m3 cant wait to see the results
        Which turbos are they going with?
      1. Abacus38's Avatar
        Abacus38 -
        If I remember correctly GTX3076R
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abacus38 Click here to enlarge
        If I remember correctly GTX3076R
        @mike radowski @maximumpsi is that right?
      1. AWSAWS's Avatar
        AWSAWS -
        He talked about it here
      1. Blackey's Avatar
        Blackey -
        Questions
        I remember in the distant past there were issues with stainless exhaust manifolds cracking (not Doc Race - and in fact I can't find any Doc Race issues with a Gogole search). Has that been resolved these days?

        What included? It appears you would need custom downpipes and charge pipes, so are are included in the kit?

        Is there an option to have the wastegates plumbed back into the exhaust for those of us living with a very picky police force (noise)

        How are the wastegates tuned since the OEM motors are gone? Any issues with that?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blackey Click here to enlarge
        Questions
        I remember in the distant past there were issues with stainless exhaust manifolds cracking (not Doc Race - and in fact I can't find any Doc Race issues with a Gogole search). Has that been resolved these days?

        What included? It appears you would need custom downpipes and charge pipes, so are are included in the kit?

        Is there an option to have the wastegates plumbed back into the exhaust for those of us living with a very picky police force (noise)

        How are the wastegates tuned since the OEM motors are gone? Any issues with that?
        @DOC_Race
      1. Abacus38's Avatar
        Abacus38 -
        I haven't heard any issues with Doc race kits besides a slight boost creep issue (1-2psi higher than wastegate). Furthermore, i believe Doc Race has the most n54 single kits in the wild than anybody else.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abacus38 Click here to enlarge
        I haven't heard any issues with Doc race kits besides a slight boost creep issue (1-2psi higher than wastegate). Furthermore, i believe Doc Race has the most n54 single kits in the wild than anybody else.
        Nobody’s questioning doc race quality here. Hopefully @mike radowski @maximumpsi can let us know where things are headed and answer some questions