Close

    • Ghassan Automotive E82 135i drag car sets N54 overall manual 1/4 mile record with 9.82@141 1/4 mile pass

      Ghassan Automotive recently contacted BimmerBoost upset about an article criticizing their N54 stock internal output claim as false. BimmerBoost is happy to write positive articles on records when they are indeed records with proof such as this.


      There are only a handful of stock internal manual N54 street cars in the 10's. Most are stuck in that high 10.X range.

      Ghassan Automotive obviously is not running a streetcar here as the rear end shows and those large Hoosier's and that 9-inch diff allow for a strong launch.


      Regardless, it is built for a purpose and it is achieving that purpose with a new N54 manual 1/4 mile record and it is the first N54 to break into the 9's with a manual transmission.

      Ghassan teased BimmerBoost asking if we want the slip. Well, yes, we do as it is not posted but unlike the dyno claim there is a video confirming the run numbers. BimmerBoost is certain @GhassanAutomotive will post the slip here themselves for everyone to see.


      Does this absolve or in any way prove the dyno claim? No and for some reason people are having trouble comprehending that. As a matter of fact, Ghassan Automotive claimed to turn the power down for this run into the ~700 whp range

      Ghassan is not finished:

      Quote Originally Posted by Ghassan Automotive
      Contesting my record is welcomed, it's only a claim after all, and dyno numbers are very variable. 1/4 mile is our goal; the car is built and certified for a 7.5 sec 1/4 pass, we are hoping to get there next year
      BimmerBoost certainly wishes them luck on their goal of breaking into the 7's.



      Edit: This is confirmed as the quickest and fastest overall N54 record.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Ghassan Automotive E82 135i drag car sets N54 overall manual 1/4 mile record with 9.82@141 1/4 mile pass started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 45 Comments
      1. onurleft's Avatar
        onurleft -
        Looks like they've got a long way to go to get to that 7
      1. Mikecoupe's Avatar
        Mikecoupe -
        7.5 sec 1/4 pass with a manual?...............good luck
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Very impressive. Congrats Ghassan.

        -Rich
      1. xShadows's Avatar
        xShadows -
        They never said they are aiming for 7.5, just that the car is certified for a 7.5 time...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xShadows Click here to enlarge
        They never said they are aiming for 7.5, just that the car is certified for a 7.5 time...
        They said they hope to get to a 7.5 next year...
      1. Mm3boost's Avatar
        Mm3boost -
        that chassis setup could maybe do it, but on stock internals....nah
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Slip:

        Click here to enlarge

        That 1.3X 60 foot with a manual is spectacular...
      1. GhassanAutomotive's Avatar
        GhassanAutomotive -
        Thank you for posting that Sticky. To clarify; we've said we will hit 7s next year, not 7.5, we are built under NHRA rules to go 7.5 in the 1/4. We will not be on the manual transmission as there is no way it will hold. I have 3 spare manual transmissions and when they meet their end we are going with a built TH400.
      1. GhassanAutomotive's Avatar
        GhassanAutomotive -
        Built motor is getting installed this week.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhassanAutomotive Click here to enlarge
        Thank you for posting that Sticky. To clarify; we've said we will hit 7s next year, not 7.5, we are built under NHRA rules to go 7.5 in the 1/4. We will not be on the manual transmission as there is no way it will hold. I have 3 spare manual transmissions and when they meet their end we are going with a built TH400.
        My pleasure. Like I said, I'm happy to acknowledge records and be positive but I also have a duty to report what I feel is accurate.

        Maybe I can be too aggressive in doing so but ultimately we can work positively for the benefit of the community and the new record is indeed a proven new record.

        Congratulations.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhassanAutomotive Click here to enlarge
        Built motor is getting installed this week.
        Ok so what happens to the old motor and what is different about this motor? Rods, pistons, etc.? Same compression?

        I think the built motor doing some work will really support the built motor claims and in general reflect positively on Ghassan.
      1. GhassanAutomotive's Avatar
        GhassanAutomotive -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Ok so what happens to the old motor and what is different about this motor? Rods, pistons, etc.? Same compression?

        I think the built motor doing some work will really support the built motor claims and in general reflect positively on Ghassan.
        We drove home with a part of the stock motor's piston in hand, she did not like 35 psi in 4th gear (roughly ~900+whp).
        Built motor by us; Closed deck, fire ringed, ported heads, 11mm ARP studs w/conversion, forged rods, forged pistons, lower compression for higher boost, ARP main studs, and ARP rod bolts. Many small details but this will be built to hold power till we split the cast block.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhassanAutomotive Click here to enlarge
        We drove home with a part of the stock motor's piston in hand, she did not like 35 psi in 4th gear (roughly ~900+whp).
        Built motor by us; Closed deck, fire ringed, ported heads, 11mm ARP studs w/conversion, forged rods, forged pistons, lower compression for higher boost, ARP main studs, and ARP rod bolts. Many small details but this will be built to hold power till we split the cast block.
        Is this motor already built or will you be detailing the build process on it? As in, did you already have the motor to put in?
      1. GhassanAutomotive's Avatar
        GhassanAutomotive -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Is this motor already built or will you be detailing the build process on it? As in, did you already have the motor to put in?
        We already have the engine built, we have two of them actually. Worthable mentions are that the factory injector bores are sealed, I'd mention more but I wouldn't want to give up trade secrets. Building engines is all we do here, I am protective of my business as my family relies on it as well as 9 technicians, 1 office manager Click here to enlarge.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhassanAutomotive Click here to enlarge
        We already have the engine built, we have two of them actually. Worthable mentions are that the factory injector bores are sealed, I'd mention more but I wouldn't want to give up trade secrets. Building engines is all we do here, I am protective of my business as my family relies on it as well as 9 technicians, 1 office manager Click here to enlarge.
        Well, we have plenty of time to detail these things. The S63/N63 builds in particular.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Congrats! This thing is going to rip with that built engine.
      1. Urmom's Avatar
        Urmom -
        Fawk !
      1. GhassanAutomotive's Avatar
        GhassanAutomotive -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Well, we have plenty of time to detail these things. The S63/N63 builds in particular.
        What are you curious about the S63/N63 engines? We've built many of them.
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Congrats Ghassan! This thing is out of this world, you deserve it man.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhassanAutomotive Click here to enlarge
        What are you curious about the S63/N63 engines? We've built many of them.
        Just would love to see the build process and the parts chosen.

        A lot of people say they do builds on those V8's but rarely ever show them running or what the built motor is capable of.

        Personally S65 V8's are my thing but it's great to see approaches to various BMW motor builds. It would be good for business to detail how much it costs and what is involved.