Close

    • Doc Race developing S55 (F80 M3/F82 M4) bottom mount manifolds for large twin turbochargers

      This is interesting as it comes not long after Doc Race announced a top mount single turbo manifold for the S55 (BMW F80 M3, F82 M3, and F87 M2 Competition) platform. You will notice that the vast majority of twin turbo upgrades are hybrids for the S55.


      Well, Doc Race intends to fit some large bottom mount twins. Pictured are Garrett turbos and we will see what other turbo options will be available when the time comes.

      How much money? How long until the release? What kind of power? Well, you will have to ask @DOCRace for those details.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Doc Race developing S55 (F80 M3/F82 M4) bottom mount manifolds for large twin turbochargers started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 23 Comments
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        I decided to put the top mount on the back burner as I'm guessing a bottom mounted turbo setup would be more popular with the M crowd. The test car will be getting a set of Gen 2 GTX3076R which are rated for over 700hp a piece. Going to control boost with a pair of Tial MVS gates which will be controlled by an electronic boost controller unless Burger wants to jump in with a firmware. The goal is to make 1000hp with this setup which it should easily do. I'm planning on making this a 100% bolt on kit which will connect to stock exhaust and even the stock intake system for an oem look. More progress on this later this week!
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DOCRace Click here to enlarge
        I decided to put the top mount on the back burner as I'm guessing a bottom mounted turbo setup would be more popular with the M crowd. The test car will be getting a set of Gen 2 GTX3076R which are rated for over 700hp a piece. Going to control boost with a pair of Tial MVS gates which will be controlled by an electronic boost controller unless Burger wants to jump in with a firmware. The goal is to make 1000hp with this setup which it should easily do. I'm planning on making this a 100% bolt on kit which will connect to stock exhaust and even the stock intake system for an oem look. More progress on this later this week!
        I'm sure Terry can easily make it happen as long as you get it up and running first.
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I'm sure Terry can easily make it happen as long as you get it up and running first.
        Deal!!!!
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        Sick.

        I agree they probably are more interested in a real twin upgrade.

        Whatever happened to the VTT n54 upgrade announced 4 years ago the doc race was apart of?
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
        Sick.

        I agree they probably are more interested in a real twin upgrade.

        Whatever happened to the VTT n54 upgrade announced 4 years ago the doc race was apart of?
        ? You mean Stage 3, the kit we almost had to sue them over because they never finished it, and then tried to keep our money? Remember Joe was the one who got us paid because he refused to let them join the site until they did. Its fine, in stock, we have sold almost through the first batch we had made. It holds the N54 1/4 trap record currently. ECS just finished adding it to their site.
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        You mean a kit that you sold to the public without having an actual product to sell? The prototype pieces you sent me to produce were not ready to go to production and is the reason I refused to produce them and refused to help you develop further because of your child like behavior.
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
        Sick.

        I agree they probably are more interested in a real twin upgrade.

        Whatever happened to the VTT n54 upgrade announced 4 years ago the doc race was apart of?
        I pulled out of this deal because I felt the parts he was trying to have me produce was not safe for his customers.
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        Attachment 57696

        Made some huge progress on the kit last week. I'm hoping to fire the car up by the end of the month. Sounds like someone feels threatened haha.
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DOCRace Click here to enlarge
        Attachment 57696

        Made some huge progress on the kit last week. I'm hoping to fire the car up by the end of the month. Sounds like someone feels threatened haha.
        I am sure that kit will sell like hotcakes to the S55 crowd. Please keep up the updates.


        I would like to see one for the N54 but given the cost of these cars I doubt many people would be willing to poney up the $$$. Either way you could make it faster than VTT.


        I had almost forgotten about that VTT stage 3 debacle of a kit. I remember when he was refusing refunds to customers:

        I was one of the ten that had the "stage 3s" on order. This was back in March. I paid with a credit card 50% down (thank god) thinking I would receive my product that I paid for by at least the end of summer. After reading all these posts about the Stage 2's not done, why would Stage 3s be even close? So I requested a refund only to be denied. I knew he would so I did a chargeback on my credit card stating I never received my product that I purchased 6 months ago.

        Why would he sell something that does not exist?

        Your post was legit. Thank you.
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
        I am sure that kit will sell like hotcakes to the S55 crowd. Please keep up the updates.


        I would like to see one for the N54 but given the cost of these cars I doubt many people would be willing to poney up the $$$. Either way you could make it faster than VTT.


        I had almost forgotten about that VTT stage 3 debacle of a kit. I remember when he was refusing refunds to customers:

        I was one of the ten that had the "stage 3s" on order. This was back in March. I paid with a credit card 50% down (thank god) thinking I would receive my product that I paid for by at least the end of summer. After reading all these posts about the Stage 2's not done, why would Stage 3s be even close? So I requested a refund only to be denied. I knew he would so I did a chargeback on my credit card stating I never received my product that I purchased 6 months ago.

        Why would he sell something that does not exist?

        Your post was legit. Thank you.
        It would be a piece of cake for me to design a new twin turbo kit for the N54 but I decided to leave it alone for Tony's sake. I don't want him blowing a seal thinking I stole a market he never even had.

        His best development team is China and is the reason they take forever to come out with parts. I'm glad posting pictures of the DOC Race S55 kit lit a fire under him. Lets see the market bury these repackaged N54 turbos haha.
      1. E92 420's Avatar
        E92 420 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DOCRace Click here to enlarge
        It would be a piece of cake for me to design a new twin turbo kit for the N54 but I decided to leave it alone for Tony's sake. I don't want him blowing a seal thinking I stole a market he never even had.

        His best development team is China and is the reason they take forever to come out with parts. I'm glad posting pictures of the DOC Race S55 kit lit a fire under him. Lets see the market bury these repackaged N54 turbos haha.
        $#@! Tony!

        Get real n54 upgrade kit done! Itís been a long time coming and itís whatís really needed!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        its getting close! I’d have it running on the car next week but I have to send everything out to get coated.
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        Attachment 57706

        Got dump tubes on. I'm hoping this will make the S55 engine sound different.
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        This thread is delivering.

        How long do you estimate before it's in a car and on a dyno?

        Any thoughts of offering a full exhaust as an option for this kit? I could see it being popular.
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
        This thread is delivering.

        How long do you estimate before it's in a car and on a dyno?

        Any thoughts of offering a full exhaust as an option for this kit? I could see it being popular.
        The kit should be on the car by the end of the month. I’m taking to RK Tunes right now I’m having him come tune the car. No plans to do an exhaust right now. My main focus is the turbo kit.
      1. 93siro's Avatar
        93siro -
        Sick! Can't wait to see how it's going to sound.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge
      1. svergel91's Avatar
        svergel91 -
        this thing is going to be NASTY.
      1. DOCRace's Avatar
        DOCRace -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I'm sure Terry can easily make it happen as long as you get it up and running first.
        Done! Let me know if you can help integrate boost control through a Mac solenoid on the JB4. I'm building the first few kits next month.