Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Either way its crap.

    This statement of truth gained much hate.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think being able to buy the parts that are difficult to make is a plus. But then again, can't you just buy them all separately? Then on the other hand, maybe it would be better to just buy the kit? Who knows...

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think being able to buy the parts that are difficult to make is a plus. But then again, can't you just buy them all separately? Then on the other hand, maybe it would be better to just buy the kit? Who knows...
    I think RMS should make some parts like this, but better. RMS has always made great Hardware.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    522
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If I was HPF and looking to get into the DIY market I would offer plug and play tuning hardware with no tune, with the option of in house tuning.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    yes, god forbid someone make some money at their business.
    the only way that this kit would be worth the price if it included the intake manifold!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    the only way that this kit would be worth the price if it included the intake manifold!
    If the mark-up is as large as people are making it to be why would anyone order this?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    387
    Rep Points
    237.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Because alot of the E46 M3 noobies are dumb and dont know any better..

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    It's a waste of money.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I think they should add the ECU, then add the intake manifold and piping. They should also add the intercooler.. Then they should call it something like a Stage 1 HPF Kit and sell it for like $13,500. That to me makes the most sense.


    Click here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Rep Points
    453.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    It's a waste of money.
    That's subjective don't you think?

    I think those of us with experience realize that by having the ProEFI come into the market that it has truly "open sourced" turbo charging an M3. The only complicated thing to fabricate for a turbo are the intake and exhaust manifold. Everything else is basically just piping with a large supported after market.

    I think there will be a demographic that would be interested in this package. Probably someone who doesn't really want to mess with custom fabrication for a down pipe etc..

    The value of something for one person may not be the same for another. I would imagine a hard core DIY'er would only be interested in the intake and manifold. As far as I can tell both are competitively priced. So this "package" is for that person who doesn't mind spending a little extra to be lazy.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    That's subjective don't you think?

    I think those of us with experience realize that by having the ProEFI come into the market that it has truly "open sourced" turbo charging an M3. The only complicated thing to fabricate for a turbo are the intake and exhaust manifold. Everything else is basically just piping with a large supported after market.

    I think there will be a demographic that would be interested in this package. Probably someone who doesn't really want to mess with custom fabrication for a down pipe etc..

    The value of something for one person may not be the same for another. I would imagine a hard core DIY'er would only be interested in the intake and manifold. As far as I can tell both are competitively priced. So this "package" is for that person who doesn't mind spending a little extra to be lazy.
    exactly my point all i want is the intake manifold and the steed speed exhaust manifold. I also would buy the stage 4 intercooler aswell

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Or some one could buy an air to liquid charge cooler manifold.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Or some one could buy an air to liquid charge cooler manifold.
    Who sells one that has been used in an S54 turbo application?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    231.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who sells one that has been used in an S54 turbo application?
    i dont think anyone does!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Rep Points
    453.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who sells one that has been used in an S54 turbo application?
    You could probably adapt the one VF uses. It worked pretty well on mine.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    You could probably adapt the one VF uses. It worked pretty well on mine.
    Good point.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    You could probably adapt the one VF uses. It worked pretty well on mine.
    Core is too small.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Core is too small.
    How do you know?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Gintani's turbo E46 was water to air intercooled if I'm not mistaken...

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    Gintani's turbo E46 was water to air intercooled if I'm not mistaken...
    That is likely correct, forgot about that.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    522
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Core is too small.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How do you know?
    the math is relatively simple to size heat exchangers. if you'd like, you can google 'log mean temperature difference' to get an idea.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    the math is relatively simple to size heat exchangers. if you'd like, you can google 'log mean temperature difference' to get an idea.
    Thanks, math is not my forte Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    23
    Rep Points
    42.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In case anyone is interested. I am working on an all billet construction intake manifold for the M3. Still gettiing measurements but once I have all locations worked out it should come together quickly. I have a company working out a complete kit using my exhaust and also will use the intake manifold when I am done.

    The kind of look I am after similar to the works of art from Nelson Racing.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steed Speed Click here to enlarge
    In case anyone is interested. I am working on an all billet construction intake manifold for the M3. Still gettiing measurements but once I have all locations worked out it should come together quickly. I have a company working out a complete kit using my exhaust and also will use the intake manifold when I am done.

    The kind of look I am after similar to the works of art from Nelson Racing.
    Yes, we are interested. Feel free to e-mail me pictures of development, would like to have the details on this Click here to enlarge

    Nelson Racing is what I consider a top tier shop, really the best of the best. Their stuff is definitely to be admired and if yours is on par... well, don't have to say much about that.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    231.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, we are interested. Feel free to e-mail me pictures of development, would like to have the details on this Click here to enlarge

    Nelson Racing is what I consider a top tier shop, really the best of the best. Their stuff is definitely to be admired and if yours is on par... well, don't have to say much about that.
    Agreed have you seen there youtube vids of their 1200 hp engines! And they say they have gotten higher Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •