Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BMW ring taxi contact info?

Ok guys I could use some help. I'm currently on vacation in Europe and it turns out I'll have two extra days at the end of my trip. I'll be leaving Berlin on the 7th of April but don't fly out of Budapest until the 10th. I have nothing planned for those days and would love to drive down to the Ring for a ride in the Ring Taxi. I've been looking tonight for info on how to book a seat but haven't found any website directly by them just news articles and blogs about how badass it is(further stoking my interest). If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it as last year when I did ED I came in late November and they don't run then and my car wasn't broken in yet. They should begin in april 1st so I think I'm good there just need to know who to pay to book it. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It looks like the BMW Ring Taxi is currently no longer running: http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.ph...&Itemid=300053
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually there's an update to that which seems to imply that while Sabine and the M5 are gone some other guy "John" is doing laps for twice as much in a 997? Whatever! I'd prefer the M5 but I'll ride along in whatever. There are some phone numbers on that page I guess I'll call tomorrow and find out. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Actually there's an update to that which seems to imply that while Sabine and the M5 are gone some other guy "John" is doing laps for twice as much in a 997? Whatever! I'd prefer the M5 but I'll ride along in whatever. There are some phone numbers on that page I guess I'll call tomorrow and find out. Thanks
    Yep, I thought you wanted the BMW ring taxi though, no worries. There are other options, yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahh I see. Well the M would have been ideal but I'd settle for a ride in that mini they also seem to be running if that was all that was available. Hell maybe I'll take my rental on there!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahh I see. Well the M would have been ideal but I'd settle for a ride in that mini they also seem to be running if that was all that was available. Hell maybe I'll take my rental on there!
    Take your rental... cheaper and likely way more fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Be careful if you take the rental there from anywhere near the 'ring as they will check for wear and tear because people taking everyday road rentals and beating them to death on the ring isn't exactly a new idea. There a lot of places nearby that will rent you a car set up specifically for driving on the ring (good tires, brakes, etc). Obviously the prices are higher than your average rental, but at least you won't get nailed for abuse. Also, keep in mind that you are almost guaranteed that your insurance doesn't cover you on the ring and the rental insurance definitely won't (unless you use one of the specialty places). It's an excluded area similar to that massive turn circle in Paris under most policies.

That was a lot more text than I intended, but if you have any questions let me know.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good info thanks. I rented the car here in Budapest so I don't think their cars get alot of ring use. I will definitely try for the ring taxi as new car+new track= too many variables for me to comfortably push it. Either way I'm no pro so maybe I'll probably just sit and watch how it's done. If not available though pray for my Seat Ibiza!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good info thanks. I rented the car here in Budapest so I don't think their cars get alot of ring use. I will definitely try for the ring taxi as new car+new track= too many variables for me to comfortably push it. Either way I'm no pro so maybe I'll probably just sit and watch how it's done. If not available though pray for my Seat Ibiza!
    Why are you in Europe anyway? I know you said vacation but what are you visiting or going to be doing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^ an Ibiza ? not the best choice for lapping the Ring but nothing goes wrong with it ! it doesn't matter if you are pro or not , try do a lap ,it's really fun ! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol yeah an Ibiza but I've actually quite enjoyed it. Although woefully underpowered it's pretty spry. I'd no doubt have some fun with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ what engine it got ?
    If there is a possibility for you to choose another car for doing a lap and you want to get something cheap , rent anything with Renault Sport badge ,they are the most amazing cars in the entire world !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I remember having read that the new Ring Taxi will be e90 M3 but the season has not started yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I remember having read that the new Ring Taxi will be e90 M3 but the season has not started yet.
    I read something stating they were waiting for the F10 M5 but do not really know. A lot of rumors flying around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorry Jimifan, the ringtaxi season starts in april.
    From april 6 you can drive co-pilot in the Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    The Ringtaxi (now a M3) season starts mid april.

But you can always ask.
    BMW RING-TAXI SERVICE-LINE:
    Tel.: +49 (2691) 93 20 20 (werktags von 10.00 bis 12.00 Uhr),
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha. The parenthesis say 'workdays (monday - friday) from 10:00am to 12:00pm (noon lol). Where do I sign up for that job? Great info though sir
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why are you in Europe anyway? I know you said vacation but what are you visiting or going to be doing?
    I had to work this Valentines day so I'm taking my wife on a quickie vacation. We arrived in Budapest and will be going to Prague and then Berlin. We were to be headed back to Budapest for our return flight but since my wife wants to buy a Range Rover sport and I don't like the unreliable nature of that car I was trying to talk her into the new Porsche Suv. Since she loved the BMW Welt on my ED I extended our stay in hopes a trip to the Porsche museum will peak her interest in the brand. That's where the ring taxi comes in(I'll be relatively close by)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    ^ what engine it got ?
    If there is a possibility for you to choose another car for doing a lap and you want to get something cheap , rent anything with Renault Sport badge ,they are the most amazing cars in the entire world !
    It's got a 1.4 gasoline engine I took a look after dinner tonight as I didn't know the answer to your ? earlier. I know what you mean about Renault two trips ago I rented a Clio(I believe that was it's name) Sport and it was actually pretty badass like a mini on steroids that thing.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Sorry Jimifan, the ringtaxi season starts in april.
    From april 6 you can drive co-pilot in the Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    The Ringtaxi (now a M3) season starts mid april.

But you can always ask.
    BMW RING-TAXI SERVICE-LINE:
    Tel.: +49 (2691) 93 20 20 (werktags von 10.00 bis 12.00 Uhr),
    I could be out there April 7th and 8th so I guess I'll have to "settle" for the Vantage! Lol that's still acceptable to me! I'll give them a call tomorrow. I actually called a number on that previously reported website today several times but not between those hours. It just rang and rang.