Close

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No

    Is your 135i FWD??? Please let us know

    by Steven J. Ewing (RSS feed) on Mar 23rd, 2010 at 12:33PM
    Click here to enlarge
    2010 BMW 135i Click above for high-res image gallery

    No, this isn't a joke. Really. Automotive News reports that BMW CEO Norbert Reithofer shared this statistic during a call with analysts last week. It is unclear where this information came from within BMW, but it still comes as a staggering surprise that 80 (eighty!) percent of 1 Series owners believe that they are living with front-wheel drive.

    As we reported earlier, BMW is planning to bring front-wheel-drive vehicles to market in the near future, and the automaker is worried that it might confuse customers by adding these new products to the rear-drive-only lineup.

    Guess not.

    We firmly believe that all current 1 Series owners who think their car is front-wheel drive should hand over their keys immediately... to us.
    Source:
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2010...#ixzz0iy7QNZtR

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    925
    Rep Points
    591.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    My sentiments exactly...Click here to enlarge

    Please ask your non-enthusiast 1 series owners if they think their cars are FWD...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    925
    Rep Points
    591.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    80% think so, f********ck.... very sad.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,129
    Rep Points
    9,106.3
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    Yes Reputation No
    I wondered my why new rear diff didn't' seem to help traction. Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    ahaha

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    103
    Rep Points
    187.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    80% ! Damn, where are they getting their data from? I guess that is surprising since we're all enthusiasts and hang around enthusiasts. If that is really true, that's unbelievable.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    [22:32] <+shahsk> is your 1 series fwd?
    [22:33] <%Phiberglass> yea
    [22:33] <%Phiberglass> ohwaitwut?
    [22:34] <+shahsk> lol
    [22:38] <+shahsk> failll

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    925
    Rep Points
    591.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dark Phantom Click here to enlarge
    [22:32] <+shahsk> is your 1 series fwd?
    [22:33] <%Phiberglass> yea
    [22:33] <%Phiberglass> ohwaitwut?
    [22:34] <+shahsk> lol
    [22:38] <+shahsk> failll
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    10.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    There is no way that could be right, all you have to do is jump on the gas once to tell it's rear wheel drive. What a stupid idea to have a fwd performance car...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,434
    Rep Points
    32,144.2
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rcracer_tx Click here to enlarge
    There is no way that could be right, all you have to do is jump on the gas once to tell it's rear wheel drive. What a stupid idea to have a fwd performance car...
    What about the Ford Focus RS?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    10.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What about the Ford Focus RS?
    look at the 0-60's... Many times it has been said by magazines that the car can't get traction because its FWD. AWD>RWD>FWD.

    I personally will never buy a fwd car because its a fundamentally stupid concept to steer and accelerate with the front tires only. Torque steer is still horrid on the focus from the reviews I have seen.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,434
    Rep Points
    32,144.2
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rcracer_tx Click here to enlarge
    look at the 0-60's... Many times it has been said by magazines that the car can't get traction because its FWD. AWD>RWD>FWD.

    I personally will never buy a fwd car because its a fundamentally stupid concept to steer and accelerate with the front tires only. Torque steer is still horrid on the focus from the reviews I have seen.
    Yes, traction off the line is tough but there are good examples of FWD drivers cars. Obviously it is not the ideal setup.

    From the reviews I have seen, there is torque steer, but they comment on how beautifully the diff handles it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    10.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, traction off the line is tough but there are good examples of FWD drivers cars. Obviously it is not the ideal setup.

    From the reviews I have seen, there is torque steer, but they comment on how beautifully the diff handles it.
    The diff is superposed to help a significant amount, but as videos such as top gear showed, it still will pull itself sideways if you don't keep a firm grasp on the wheel.

    I have heard the mini cooper is pretty fun to drive, and its FWD. I just can't imagine owning a FWD sports car/ gt.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,434
    Rep Points
    32,144.2
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rcracer_tx Click here to enlarge
    The diff is superposed to help a significant amount, but as videos such as top gear showed, it still will pull itself sideways if you don't keep a firm grasp on the wheel.

    I have heard the mini cooper is pretty fun to drive, and its FWD. I just can't imagine owning a FWD sports car/ gt.
    That is exactly where I was going with it. Mini is expanding and will have some fun FWD models. The mini coupe and roadster will probably be a ton of fun to drive even though they are FWD.

    No reason someone can't have a fun FWD car on the side even though it is wrong wheel drive. AWD and RWD always for performance but FWD can still be fun.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    0.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Didn't read the above...but yes my 135i is Front Wheel Drive. The torque steer on this car is terrible. Do you guys experience this?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •