Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am grateful that this forum is maintained as an open-minded "speakeasy." That's definitely missing on most (if not all) other forums. Interesting insights about George Kakalteris and ICS.

As I wrote earlier (and I am a Connecticutian), anytime I've spoken to George face-to-face, he's been personable and professional, but clearly from these experiences, that may not always be the case.

I do know that he often buts heads with his "in-house" tuners and at one point Junior Barrios ("Junior") left ICS for The Shop, and Al Friedman ("Big Al") left The Shop for ICS.

Whatever the case may be, that's unfortunate that George would take advantage of customers as he is accused of doing, and I hope he would be able to explain his actions or provide evidence to the contrary.
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turbology Click here to enlarge
    I am grateful that this forum is maintained as an open-minded "speakeasy." That's definitely missing on most (if not all) other forums. Interesting insights about George Kakalteris and ICS.

As I wrote earlier (and I am a Connecticutian), anytime I've spoken to George face-to-face, he's been personable and professional, but clearly from these experiences, that may not always be the case.

I do know that he often buts heads with his "in-house" tuners and at one point Junior Barrios ("Junior") left ICS for The Shop, and Al Friedman ("Big Al") left The Shop for ICS.

Whatever the case may be, that's unfortunate that George would take advantage of customers as he is accused of doing, and I hope he would be able to explain his actions or provide evidence to the contrary.
    Click here to enlarge
    who are you and what kind of boosted bimmer do you have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted325is Click here to enlarge
    who are you and what kind of boosted bimmer do you have?
    He's a way cool guy who is extremely helpful and posts great info for the community.

Having a boosted bimmer is not a pre-requisite for knowledge of boosted BMW's or for being a part of the community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He's a way cool guy who is extremely helpful and posts great info for the community.

Having a boosted bimmer is not a pre-requisite for knowledge of boosted BMW's or for being a part of the community.
    So then what real world knowledge besides vendor patronizing behavior can he offer?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So then what real world knowledge besides vendor patronizing behavior can he offer?
    If you do a search on his posts, you can see that he has shared plenty of real world knowledge. He also shared his experience when visiting the shop so there is a real world aspect there.

He has not had real world experience with ICS on his own car, which isn't a big deal, most people here haven't. BMW forced induction knowledge in general is not dependent on interaction with a specific vendor or in having a boosted BMW. Your friends can have boosted BMW's or you may study them on your own. Specific interaction with a vendor is necessary for disclosing real world experience with that vendor, I get that point.

You don't have to have a boosted BMW to know about boosted BMW's or performance for that matter. You certainly can't have real world experience if you don't have one but validity is not solely dependent on it. If mine suddenly disappeared tomorrow my knowledge wouldn't go with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amazing results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sticky, thank you for the kind words and vote of confidence - your open-mindedness and general enjoyment of all cars is what makes this forum great.

As for you, boosted325is, maybe you're simply interpreting my posts a certain way (and that's a problem with written text vs. spoken), but I'm not really sure what gives you the idea that I am "patronizing."

No, I don't have a turbocharged BMW, so sorry if that's a prerequisite to contribute to any meaningful conversation with you. All I said was that George has been friendly to me anytime I've stopped by his shop. That's it. No hidden meaning or agenda.

I drive a Subaru, and the only person that works on it is me and my Japanese buddy who is a master tech. My car was tuned by Junior at The Shop, but that has no bearing on this particular subject or gives you any reason to consider me "patronizing."
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On certain forums you are Threatened by ICS, and then by mods. Then by Admins for speaking out. Case in point Kevlar Click here to enlarge
    Needs No Explanation
    Administrator
    Cars: 2008 M3 Coupe
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge You and ICS
    Effectively immediately you are no longer allowed to post in any thread or discussion that mentioned, involves, talks about or in reference to ICS.

From this point forward, if I hear you are talking about or in a thread about ICS, your account will be suspended. If I also hear/see that you are talking about ICS in other threads or bringing up topics or infering anything regarding ICS, your account status will come up for review and may be terminated without notice.

Thanks for understanding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flyingfast///m3 Click here to enlarge
    On certain forums you are Threatened by ICS, and then by mods. Then by Admins for speaking out. Case in point Kevlar Click here to enlarge
    Needs No Explanation
    Administrator
    Cars: 2008 M3 Coupe
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge You and ICS
    Effectively immediately you are no longer allowed to post in any thread or discussion that mentioned, involves, talks about or in reference to ICS.

From this point forward, if I hear you are talking about or in a thread about ICS, your account will be suspended. If I also hear/see that you are talking about ICS in other threads or bringing up topics or infering anything regarding ICS, your account status will come up for review and may be terminated without notice.

Thanks for understanding.

What did you do?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My apologies to any of you that have had a sour experience with ICS - I mean that sincerely. I didn't post ICS cars up to rub salt in your wounds, but rather to add some relevant content in the earlier days of the forum. Again, I have no affiliation with ICS, so claims of "vendor patronizing behavior" are just entirely ridiculous and unfounded. I support shops that are honest, fair and do good work as far as I know, what goes on behind closed doors and with others I cannot say.
    Click here to enlarge

Cheers.
    Boost Is Better

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turbology Click here to enlarge
    My apologies to any of you that have had a sour experience with ICS - I mean that sincerely. I didn't post ICS cars up to rub salt in your wounds, but rather to add some relevant content in the earlier days of the forum. Again, I have no affiliation with ICS, so claims of "vendor patronizing behavior" are just entirely ridiculous and unfounded. I support shops that are honest, fair and do good work as far as I know, what goes on behind closed doors and with others I cannot say.
    Click here to enlarge

Cheers.
    No need to apologize and there are two sides to every story. Post your experience and let people decide for themselves.

I have no personal experience so I can't say but as a fan of BMW's ICS cars definitely will be mentioned here and that should be no surprise to anyone.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Okay that's def me.... Nick's car did not have an E46 Differential, it had E46 M3 Axles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thank you for having me, there are 2 sides to every Story and then the truth to say the least, there are unfortunately a few camps that have nothing positive to provide to the community. I have always post educational information and push the limits on both ends of research and development for all of us Boost junkies.

I can def be a great asset to this forum, but answering questions, posting projects and video's of all out builds in house.

-George Kakaletris

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unfortunately, more often than not, online forums are more breeding grounds for drama than valuable community resources, no matter how hard the administration tries to prevent that.

I extend a welcome to George and ICS; personally, he has never given me a reason to doubt his credibility. As he said, there are indeed two sides to every story, and the only thing I can hope for as an enthusiast is that those sides are told honestly and constructively.
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ICS Performance Click here to enlarge
    Thank you for having me, there are 2 sides to every Story and then the truth to say the least, there are unfortunately a few camps that have nothing positive to provide to the community.

-George Kakaletris
    Interesting to say the least. One would assume, as long as you are running a good shop, that you would be FOR people airing their problems with any and all shops. Especially since, if you have nothing to hide, it will only make ICS look better.

I for one believe that talking about experiences with shops, airing headaches, and trying to make sure fellow BMW enthusiasts are not taken for their hard earned cash is very much a positive for this community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Its interesting when a vendor threatens a member, and the member gets banned. I hope this forum doesnt follow that practice. Such vendors should be banned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flyingfastm3 Click here to enlarge
    Its interesting when a vendor threatens a member, and the member gets banned. I hope this forum doesnt follow that practice. Such vendors should be banned.
    Not everyone will be taken as a vendor here and vendors who don't respect members won't be vendors here. Conversely, members who don't respect vendors will have the same standard applied to them. We are going to be far more open but some people confuse that for allowing bashing and attacks, which we will not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Not everyone will be taken as a vendor here and vendors who don't respect members won't be vendors here. Conversely, members who don't respect vendors will have the same standard applied to them. We are going to be far more open but some people confuse that for allowing bashing and attacks, which we will not.
    The way it should be. I agree

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I would like to give my input on George and ICS performance. If you check the nasioc(subaru) forums there is a warning to stay away and i couldn't agree more. If any of you are thinking of going there- please PM me and i can save you a lot of money and headaches. George Kakelitris=THIEF, LOL thats an understatement...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by turbolover Click here to enlarge
    I would like to give my input on George and ICS performance. If you check the nasioc(subaru) forums there is a warning to stay away and i couldn't agree more. If any of you are thinking of going there- please PM me and i can save you a lot of money and headaches. George Kakelitris=THIEF, LOL thats an understatement...
    You have to share more than that, I didn't realize just how big this thing is. This definitely has me questioning future sponsorship but I would like to know more details before coming to any sort of conclusion.

I'll take a look on Nasioc but what exactly did he have to do with the Subaru community?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have to share more than that, I didn't realize just how big this thing is. This definitely has me questioning future sponsorship but I would like to know more details before coming to any sort of conclusion.

I'll take a look on Nasioc but what exactly did he have to do with the Subaru community?
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ghtmare&page=2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So ICS has done some PURPOSEFUL damage to quite a subaru owner's vehicles?
    I am so innocent.

Those reads are bothersome
    (and the grammar is horrible as well.)
    Last edited by toothkiss; 05-03-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Ok, read it. Who is junior? Seems the issue was a guy tuned who has little experience with Subaru's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Exactly, the tuner rents my dyno... I do not tune Subaru's or EVO's. Again for the record those tuners rented my dyno to tune there customers cars. If I am sure a THIEF and bad person, why is that my parking lot is so full of work, in fact the phone does not stop ringing off the hook..

Guys the hard on in which you have for me..... do yourself a favor and rub it off or put it to better use rather than troll from forum to forum looking to destroy my business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ICS Performance Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, the tuner rents my dyno... I do not tune Subaru's or EVO's. Again for the record those tuners rented my dyno to tune there customers cars. If I am sure a THIEF and bad person, why is that my parking lot is so full of work, in fact the phone does not stop ringing off the hook..
    Ok, I think that is pretty freaking important to mention and a crucial piece of info.

Why did you take the blame for it? Doesn't make sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast