Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great comparo, that's a HUGE difference, I'm going catless now!

As far as the dyno cheating claims. Brian made 500whp 5psi, then on a DJ at the Eurotuner challenge he made 593 whp at around 9psi. I did notice that the DDB on M3post was closed, and the link shut down, wonder what is going on. Once you start seeing independent dyno's of all the kits, the real #'s will start to show. No way 600+whp is possible with a "conservative" tune on pump gas, the BS claims. if made, need to apply to all the vendors, the stuff that's being thrown around is unfortunate.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Great comparo, that's a HUGE difference, I'm going catless now!

As far as the dyno cheating claims. Brian made 500whp 5psi, then on a DJ at the Eurotuner challenge he made 593 whp at around 9psi. I did notice that the DDB on M3post was closed, and the link shut down, wonder what is going on. Once you start seeing independent dyno's of all the kits, the real #'s will start to show. No way 600+whp is possible with a "conservative" tune on pump gas, the BS claims. if made. need to apply to all the vendors.
    You should have picked up my pipes! They sold.

I sense a bit of a change in your tone Drew. You said I was too aggressive... but honestly, we have enough runs to clearly show 600 whp is not possible on pump gas through the stock exhaust at 9 psi.

You were there on e46fanatics when those numbers were revealead in '08 and I, along with everyone else, started thinking 600 whp was a piece of cake. The reality is much different, it was misleading. Independent dynos have shown much, much different numbers, so was I crazy when making my claims?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You should have picked up my pipes! They sold.

I sense a bit of a change in your tone Drew. You said I was too aggressive... but honestly, we have enough runs to clearly show 600 whp is not possible on pump gas through the stock exhaust at 9 psi.

You were there on e46fanatics when those numbers were revealead in '08 and I, along with everyone else, started thinking 600 whp was a piece of cake. The reality is much different, it was misleading. Independent dynos have shown much, much different numbers, so was I crazy when making my claims?
    I need a catless xpipe with 4 resonators! Can't take the loudness Bro, I'm too old. Click here to enlarge As far as being too aggressive, you? Never! Click here to enlarge

I think most vendors exaggerate dyno's to an extent, but I've stated in more than a few threads my thoughts about dyno's in general. I wasn't sure what these cars really made at certain psi, or octane, etc. It appears based on independent dyno's that we will see what these setups really make, and of course the 60-130 times will answer it all.

Not a big fan of dyno's, but this comparo did make me pull the trigger on going catless. Click here to enlarge Based on my Vbox runs, I am making around 550whp on a DJ with the cats, lol.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need a catless xpipe with 4 resonators! Can't take the loudness Bro, I'm too old. Click here to enlarge As far as being too aggressive, you? Never! Click here to enlarge

I think most vendors exaggerate dyno's to an extent, but I've stated in more than a few threads my thoughts about dyno's in general. I wasn't sure what these cars really made at certain psi, or octane, etc. It appears based on independent dyno's that we will see what these setups really make, and of course the 60-130 times will answer it all.

Not a big fan of dyno's, but this comparo did make me pull the trigger on going catless. Click here to enlarge Based on my Vbox runs, I am making around 550whp on a DJ with the cats, lol.
    It isn't about being old or not, I understand. Trust me, there are times where I wish my car didn't set off alarms.

DCT kind of throws a wrench in the Vbox extrapolation... it really is an amazing transmission but will make the math behind it show more WHP than it should due to the efficiency.

Those dyno's were the whole reason I asked for numbers on the strip... 60-130, dyno, 1/4 mile, should all reflect one another and give a complete picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DCT kind of throws a wrench in the Vbox extrapolation... it really is an amazing transmission but will make the math behind it show more WHP than it should due to the efficiency.
    x2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

It just so happens I am selling my Dinan xpipe which has four resonators if you want it. I will be in LA monday if your down? I am getting the Gintani Xpipe with just 2 resonators.
    Power Mods: Dinan pulley, Dinan Flash,Dinan Intake, Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Gintani catless Xpipe,
    Cosmetic: Molded Vorsteiner Poly-Lip, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Black Side Vents,Glossy Black Kidneys, Reflectors Delete, Smoked Tail Lights, CF Vorsteiner Trunk, V1 Hardwire

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how old are these dyno's sticky? is this with stg2 or 2+? and is this the setup you had when you ran the 130mph trap spd?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    waiting for stage 3 dyno
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    how old are these dyno's sticky? is this with stg2 or 2+? and is this the setup you had when you ran the 130mph trap spd?
    lol i was gonna ask the same

hey sticky and drew i plan i going w gintani sc can you tell me your experiences and how you like it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge

hey sticky and drew i plan i going w gintani sc can you tell me your experiences and how you like it?
    fcuk me.. i may be in trouble....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LM,

They are several months old, and not an accurate representation of what the kits actually make, here's a detailed explanation of why my initial dyno's were less than stellar, this would apply to Sticky's dyno's as well as he was running the same intake.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...i-Stg-2-Kit-is

Discovering The Reason For The 517 and 532 #'s

Some, including myself thought MAYBE the cats were the reason for the lower #'s because the car was absolutely performing in the real world and on the Vbox, so after I changed the xpipe to the Gintani catless setup I went back and dynoed again, and I hit 532WHP, not a bad #, but it was still not correlating with the results I was seeing on the road, and based on my performance #'s that dyno result still didn't make much sense. So I experimented a bit.

The Gintani "Ram Intake" at the time had a small air filter, smaller than stock, so after the 532 dyno run, I simply took the filter off and we did another pull on the dyno and the results were pretty crazy, lol, 600WHP & 397WTQ!! But of course at 10-11psi, lol, way too much for the octane I was running, but the ECU protected the motor, and unfortunately it enabled a temporary limp mode where your redline is reduced for a certain amount of miles, so I couldn't do any more runs at that dyno session. Regardless, at 8psi the car was around 540whp SAE at only 7100rpms! Where on the run just before I hit the 532WHP @ 8psi near redline.

So after this we installed a new intake, did some slight retuning, but the Vbox #'s were basically the same. What I've come to realize is the initial airbox with it's "ram air" induction worked optimally while the car was moving but stationary on a dyno it was not getting enough air, it was choking the car quite a bit, and skewing the actual dyno results in comparison to how it was performing. I was satisfied that this was the reason and after that hit i hit 7.3s 60-130 and the 131 trap, all in line with how the car was running in comparo runs, so I didn't feel the need to redyno at the time.

However just recently my old lackluster dyno #'s have come up again, and yes in comparison to others they made Gintani look less than stellar, the least efficient and it appears they were used to change the other Gintani cars claimed psi or fuel, and then that car became the least efficient. No amount of how well the two cars have performed to date in the real world, or how I feel about dyno's and what their primary function is vs. performance data, would register with a certain crowd. Fair enough, the dyno data was now needed and essential.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome, thank you, i wasnt questioning the #'s, just curious if these were 2 or 2+. and if this was the setup for sticky's 130mph trap. Can you answer any of those?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cant wait to see the latest numbers.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can you post dynos of either Josh's or Alex's car?
    Stage 3 FTMFW!!!
    Until of course, your car is complete!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Way old, read this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...i-Stg-2-Kit-is

Yes, this was the setup when I ran 130.

Stage 2+ but it puts out more now with the revised intake.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    Can you post dynos of either Josh's or Alex's car?
    Stage 3 FTMFW!!!
    Until of course, your car is complete!
    Sorry, can't post power numbers for their cars. Soon enough Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I love the SC but to be honest, I wasn't blown away with it or anything. Down low the response isn't too great vs. stock. However, up top the thing really rips. It never made me say "OMG" or anything like that but it is way, way faster. The whole time when I had it I kept thinking I could use more power Click here to enlarge Guess it is a drug.

Basically, don't waste your time with bolt on's, the SC is where it is at but don't get huge expectations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love the SC but to be honest, I wasn't blown away with it or anything. Down low the response isn't too great vs. stock. However, up top the thing really rips. It never made me say "OMG" or anything like that but it is way, way faster. The whole time when I had it I kept thinking I could use more power Click here to enlarge Guess it is a drug.

Basically, don't waste your time with bolt on's, the SC is where it is at but don't get huge expectations.
    thanks for the info sticky...i cant wait to get the sc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks for the info sticky...i cant wait to get the sc
    You won't be able to wipe the smile off your face.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would say Centrifugals are very deceiving....because the power pours on gradually it feels more like a slightly bigger engine with a SICK ASS CAM. You would easily "feel" like a turbocharged car gave you more of a "HOLY $#@!" seat of the pants experience even if it was a slower car making less power. Its not only the "more torque"...but how it comes on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BASELINE Click here to enlarge
    I would say Centrifugals are very deceiving....because the power pours on gradually it feels more like a slightly bigger engine with a SICK ASS CAM. You would easily "feel" like a turbocharged car gave you more of a "HOLY $#@!" seat of the pants experience even if it was a slower car making less power. Its not only the "more torque"...but how it comes on.
    Exactly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123