Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 134
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No

    NEW HPF MANIFOLD

    Pretty decent looking manifold. I wonder if it would work on a m50 based motor?



    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/HPUSER%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.png[/IMG]
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    The HPF turbo manifold allows any E46 M3 owner to install a T4 flanged turbo directly onto their 2001-2006 BMW M3. Our turbo manifolds are designed for the ultimate in flow and boost control. All runners are directed towards the wastegate outlet so precise boost control is possible. All runners are separated and stud holes increase in diameter towards runners #1 and #6 so cracking, warping and studs sheering during heat expansion and contraction. These are a direct replacement for the Steed Speed turbo manifolds and the turbo and wastegate locations are identical so they can be swapped with any existing HPF turbo kit equipped vehicles. These turbo manifolds weigh in at a mere 15 lbs.

    Features:



    • Lightweight at 15 lbs (19 lbs lighter than Steed Speed)
    • 4 to 5 % silicon, 1% Molybdenum Ductile Iron
    • High Temp Ceramic Coating
    • Runners Separated to Resist Warping and Cracking
    • Easy Installation

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Price is 945.00 I think that is a bit high for a cast manifold, and there is no proof it flows better then the steed speed manifold they have used.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    30.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Very Nice! Making me want to make the jump to the HPF family.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by topendusa Click here to enlarge
    Very Nice! Making me want to make the jump to the HPF family.
    the beginning of the video makes me want to jump out.

    very slick/light mani. im curious if theres an audible difference between the cast and steedspeed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    354
    Rep Points
    465.4
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sand cast?

    And the "backfires before the turbo will destroy bearings from the shock" made me LOL
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Price is 945.00 I think that is a bit high for a cast manifold, and there is no proof it flows better then the steed speed manifold they have used.
    I'd be surprised if it flows better, but it doesn't look like it should flow too much worse.

    While there have been some issues with exhaust leaks (AMG ETR comes to mind), I'd bet this is all about a dispute with Steed Speed. That was a manifold "designed exclusively for HPF" yet Steed Speed has been going behind HPF's back and selling them at $1500 vs HPF's $1950. That's a ~30% markup from HPF which suggests to me that HPF is probably buying these for at or just under Steed Speed's MSRP of $1500...


    There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and I have to wonder which line Chris crossed in hiring a model (let alone a suicide girl-type model) to showcase HPF's stuff -- especially when those resources could be been used to make progress on the stalled 335 project (18-month overdue release date just pushed back again to Dec)...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    I'd be surprised if it flows better, but it doesn't look like it should flow too much worse.

    While there have been some issues with exhaust leaks (AMG ETR comes to mind), I'd bet this is all about a dispute with Steed Speed. That was a manifold "designed exclusively for HPF" yet Steed Speed has been going behind HPF's back and selling them at $1500 vs HPF's $1950. That's a ~30% markup from HPF which suggests to me that HPF is probably buying these for at or just under Steed Speed's MSRP of $1500...


    There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and I have to wonder which line Chris crossed in hiring a model (let alone a suicide girl-type model) to showcase HPF's stuff -- especially when those resources could be been used to make progress on the stalled 335 project (18-month overdue release date just pushed back again to Dec)...
    I have a good idea of what they are paying. Its 1250 bucks for the steed speed if you are a shop
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Points
    2,215.1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I like it and it seems pretty impressive

    $945 for the manifold ceramic coated doesnt sound bad at all
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT


    Click here to enlarge


    E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!


    Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ar design Click here to enlarge
    Sand cast?

    And the "backfires before the turbo will destroy bearings from the shock" made me LOL
    Thankfully someone else is laughing. This crap is insulting to the BMW community - throw a girl with fake boobs in the camera yeah that'll impress us all.

    Such horrible misinformation. A leak before the turbo shoots carbon OUT, not sucking air IN. And if they have enough unburnt fuel coming out of the head that it could anti-lag in the exhaust manifold.... jesus help us.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    I like it and it seems pretty impressive

    $945 for the manifold ceramic coated doesnt sound bad at all
    Considering ceramic coating a 6 cyl log manifold is like $60, thats pretty expensive for a cast log.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Its like a vacuum guys, makes your car go fast.

    She should stick to vacuuming.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    glad to see the unrequited are still alive and vocal

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ill take the steed speed please! Id be pissed if i was going to get stage 4 and they gave me that junk lol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I agree with many of the statements saying this cast mani is inferior to the steed speed mani. I don't see why this manifold should cost more then a spa manifold which costs 530.00 bucks. I bet cost of this manifold is about 250-350 dollars.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    885
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    glad to see the unrequited are still alive and vocal
    And the sheep are still timid in their own naivity

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    Ill take the steed speed please! Id be pissed if i was going to get stage 4 and they gave me that junk lol
    But, they have a porn star repping it... its got to be good especially when you attach the wastehead and the vacuum makes your car go faster. More boost, like a vacuum.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -255.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    it doesn't look like a 15lbs piece of iron

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Steed Speed just gave HPF the one finger salute and dropped their price to $1000 today. Not only mildly amusing for those into schadenfreude, but fantastic news for people wanting to DIY


    edit: not only that, they just posted pictures of a new batch without the "designed exclusively for HPF" laser etched manifold:

    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    354
    Rep Points
    465.4
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Thankfully someone else is laughing. This crap is insulting to the BMW community - throw a girl with fake boobs in the camera yeah that'll impress us all.

    Such horrible misinformation. A leak before the turbo shoots carbon OUT, not sucking air IN. And if they have enough unburnt fuel coming out of the head that it could anti-lag in the exhaust manifold.... jesus help us.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Its like a vacuum guys, makes your car go fast.

    She should stick to vacuuming.
    I LOL'd. Hard. Im surprised at how uneducated some of the statements made in the video are.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    Steed Speed just gave HPF the one finger salute and dropped their price to $1000 today. Not only mildly amusing for those into schadenfreude, but fantastic news for people wanting to DIY


    edit: not only that, they just posted pictures of a new batch without the "designed exclusively for HPF" laser etched manifold:

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...8_stdJPG-1.jpg
    Umm I think I may have to order up a steed speed

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ar design Click here to enlarge
    I LOL'd. Hard. Im surprised at how uneducated some of the statements made in the video are.
    I'm not surprised in the least. Btw how are AR's manifolds coming along? 8-)
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -255.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Such horrible misinformation. A leak before the turbo shoots carbon OUT, not sucking air IN. And if they have enough unburnt fuel coming out of the head that it could anti-lag in the exhaust manifold.... jesus help us.
    you are right , didn't expect that from HPF

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    354
    Rep Points
    465.4
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Umm I think I may have to order up a steed speed



    I'm not surprised in the least. Btw how are AR's manifolds coming along? 8-)
    Should have an update today. The M/S5X T4 top mount is almost done, had to take a bit of a break to take care of some other stuff, but we are almost there.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    you are right , didn't expect that from HPF
    I thought the same about sucking air in until I talked with a buddy of mine who designs cams.... In theory, with big enough of a cam, on decel, you could get reversion at the exhaust ports and create some vacuum at the head on the exhaust side.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -255.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ar design Click here to enlarge
    I thought the same about sucking air in until I talked with a buddy of mine who designs cams.... In theory, with big enough of a cam, on decel, you could get reversion at the exhaust ports and create some vacuum at the head on the exhaust side.
    it needs some research , but it's my lazy time so i trust your word. so what happens in the real world?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    At low loads (out of boost) the pressure inside the exhaust manifold will fluctuate between vacuum and boost as exhaust pulses pass by. The temporary vacuum can pull in air which can ignite an overly rich mixture if the temps are high enough. The thing is, there shouldn't be an overly rich mixture at low loads (unless you have something like a MAF-based system combined with an uncorrected blow-off valve venting to atmosphere).


    Back to the new cast manifolds -- Chris says the new ones are made in the USA which is definitely something to appreciate. I don't think they should give up much in flow compared to steed speed (nothing another .5-1psi couldn't fix) and I bet the flow difference would be negligible after extrude honing or otherwise smoothing out the inside. Hanging less weight off the exhaust studs is also a plus.

    Still, I'd like to see how they hold up after a few years and I see absolutely no reason for any existing customers to switch from the CNC to cast.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -255.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    At low loads (out of boost) the pressure inside the exhaust manifold will fluctuate between vacuum and boost as exhaust pulses pass by. The temporary vacuum can pull in air which can ignite an overly rich mixture if the temps are high enough. The thing is, there shouldn't be an overly rich mixture at low loads (unless you have something like a MAF-based system combined with an uncorrected blow-off valve venting to atmosphere).
    thanks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •