Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I know our area is known to produce some of the slowest times around lol, but regardless of this wouldnt you think that a 500+whp car is going to trap AT LEAST 120mph where the very same car on less boost is running 127 in other parts of the country? I would say its the driver but judging from the video hes pretty good. We have nothing to compare it to because from what I'm aware of, no other ESS M3's have hit the track by us...
    ...Given all this, I still stick with my original statement that these times are pathetic for the M3.
    I give him props on getting out to the strip, it isn't easy.

If I recall correctly, this car with the ESS blower has had low numbers since the beginning. It has not hit its advertised figures and continues to underperform a bit. The times aren't terrible but yes, about 10 mph off a Gintani Stage 2+.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why is he only just grazing 500whp on the 600 kit with the 625 pulley and aftermarket exhaust? Meanwhile others like M33 are getting close to 540whp on pump?

Again, different dynos, different conditions, different correction factors, different days, etc...

But, by the looks of it, do you not feel that this car is putting down lower numbers and slower times than others?
    It is more likely that others are not being quite so forthcoming about the pulley they are using.

Guys like M33 seem to be doing a lot of pulley dancing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you two race, CONTRARY to what I have been proclaiming for a long time, I will have to put my money on you.
    I think I would have to as well, especially considering this is a 6-speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
    Its been a while since I have updated this thread. Yesterday we threw the Mickeys on and took the M3 to Atco. It took me 2 passes to get used to it and click off the first 11 second pass. As far as I know I am the first to put a 6spd manual E92 M into 11s according to DragTimes and BimmerBoost, I just need to upload my slip. I also had vbox on hand so I got a 0-60mph time of 3.7sec.

11.9@119 with a 1.93 60'. I definetly have 11.7 in it next time, on my best run, launch and shifts I got distracted by my budddies GTR and bounced rev limiter in 3rd and didnt hit 4th well so I went 12.0@112. As you can tell by the trap how much I left on the table. pump gas, no meth.

here is a video of my 12.0 pass vs my friends 11.73 GT-R pass. Heads up I beat him by .078sec, missing 4th completely and only trapping 112 while he trapped 120.

Video is in 720p, you just have to select it in the drop down
    Not so easy, is it?

Anyway, please upload the slip when you get a chance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Try launching a SMG!! LOl. Fcuking sucks. Nice time tho.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No reasons to argue about anything here. I am not satisfied with 11.9 either. I dont feel like quoting things, but to respond to some points above...

- 335 is way better car for drag racing. fact. low end torque plus traction gives outstanding performance on quarter mile. M3 power band is calm and linear which will be much better on a road course....which it was made for.
    - I dont know what LMs best et is now but the GTR I beat heads up on a bad pass in the video ran 11.73, so dont forget drag race is still a drivers race not just the car
    - Sticky I know the car is challenging, never the less I can still poke fun of your time since we invloved in a poop flinging contest. From your posts you made it sound impossible to get this platform to go. I did decent, considering its NOT my car and I didn't even drive it to the track. Trust me if it were mine and I had more time behind the wheel and with the car in general to work some kinks out, I could definetly pull a better time.
    - There are dozens upon dozens of ESS and Gintani cars out there however the 3 that are documented faster then my time are all DCT and all have way more power.
    - Yes I agree that this car is low on power, and I have an idea why. Within the next few weeks Im gonna try to straighten it out and get the traps to 123 range
    - Another point is that this car ran pump gas only and doesnt have the ESS625 tune
    - As of right now the platform has been around for over 3 years and no one went 11s in a manual car, the numbers are relative.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    335 is way better car for drag racing. fact. low end torque plus traction gives outstanding performance on quarter mile. M3 power band is calm and linear which will be much better on a road course....which it was made for.
    Not a fact, considering the M3 has quicker and faster times. The M3 just takes more skill to drag race not having an auto option. Automatics are E A S Y at the strip especially a turbo where you just brake boost and let go, yay.

Sticky I know the car is challenging, never the less I can still poke fun of your time since we invloved in a poop flinging contest. From your posts you made it sound impossible to get this platform to go. I did decent, considering its NOT my car and I didn't even drive it to the track. Trust me if it were mine and I had more time behind the wheel and with the car in general to work some kinks out, I could definetly pull a better time.
    I ran 11 mph faster than you... and I ran 2/10's off your best ET and 4 mph under with just bolt on's.

I never made it seem impossible, I have been saying what a strong platform it is. You said an 11.9 was pathetic. And then you go and run 1 11.9 second pass with a bunch of 12 second passes. Next time, maybe don't point fingers when you can't do better and actually do worse?

There are dozens upon dozens of ESS and Gintani cars out there however the 3 that are documented faster then my time are all DCT and all have way more power.
    DCT shifts faster, manual is easier to launch.

Yes I agree that this car is low on power, and I have an idea why. Within the next few weeks Im gonna try to straighten it out and get the traps to 123 range
    - Another point is that this car ran pump gas only and doesnt have the ESS625 tune
    Why is it low on power and why has it been under the promised numbers since the very beginning?

As of right now the platform has been around for over 3 years and no one went 11s in a manual car, the numbers are relative.
    Few people drag race it because they are all scared or leasing. Plus, a lot of guys who go to the strip and don't do well don't reveal their times.

Anyway, let's take a look at the slip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Id love to get that slip on here for the 60-130 and 1/4 mile list we have going

a couple things,

1. my best was 11.9@122 or 14.7@123 for mph last October i believe (same day i saw/talked to a GTR owner run his mouth about 127mph stock traps and then run 119mph.. i wanted to run him bad after that Click here to enlarge ), only did 11.9@116 (16psi) and the again 11.9@121 18psi last day at atco last yr,
    2.auto's are not as easy as your claiming, your not just letting the car shift itself to stay in the meat of the powerband

although this M's numbers might be dissapointing, thats only in comparison to a select few around the country. The same is said for my times when looking at N54 MPH's. stock turbo guys are running 120+ traps with only 420-430HP, yet me @ 490-500, am i slow, or are they fast?

once there is more data from other and simliar setups local to here, then we shall see what is what.

I actually applaud the efforts and the forthcoming sharing of the info here, as it shows what can be expected.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    2.auto's are not as easy as your claiming, your not just letting the car shift itself to stay in the meat of the powerband
    I'm not saying they do everything for you but they are MUCH easier than a manual or DCT especially when boosted.

although this M's numbers might be dissapointing, thats only in comparison to a select few around the country. The same is said for my times when looking at N54 MPH's. stock turbo guys are running 120+ traps with only 420-430HP, yet me @ 490-500, am i slow, or are they fast?
    Some of them are liars inflating their numbers...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, is the the first 11 sec manual M3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, is the the first 11 sec manual M3?
    I believe so.

Kind of funny in a way, DCT has run 11's NA and 10's boosted, and the manual is still in the 12's NA and just getting into the 11's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not a fact, considering the M3 has quicker and faster times. The M3 just takes more skill to drag race not having an auto option. Automatics are E A S Y at the strip especially a turbo where you just brake boost and let go, yay.

I ran 11 mph faster than you... and I ran 2/10's off your best ET and 4 mph under with just bolt on's.

I never made it seem impossible, I have been saying what a strong platform it is. You said an 11.9 was pathetic. And then you go and run 1 11.9 second pass with a bunch of 12 second passes. Next time, maybe don't point fingers when you can't do better and actually do worse?

DCT shifts faster, manual is easier to launch.

Why is it low on power and why has it been under the promised numbers since the very beginning?

Few people drag race it because they are all scared or leasing. Plus, a lot of guys who go to the strip and don't do well don't reveal their times.

Anyway, let's take a look at the slip.
    I ran 11s on my 3rd attempt in a car that is not mine and I am not used to, I have also not been to the track in over a year. Im not making excuses, Im just saying I am rusty and there is more left on the table. If that means a bunch of passes to you, then more power to you.

I dont know why it's low on power. Now that it's warmer, there will be more motiviation to mess with it.

I'll get the slips from my friend and post them up.

I believe so.

Kind of funny in a way, DCT has run 11's NA and 10's boosted, and the manual is still in the 12's NA and just getting into the 11's?

Yeah I was surprised.

BTW 10s is on a 100 shot, so a bit more then boosted. That same car went 11.5 on just boost, I believe. I think 11.5-11.6 is achievable on this manual car once we get the power where it should be and have a few more passes on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    - Yes I agree that this car is low on power, and I have an idea why. Within the next few weeks Im gonna try to straighten it out and get the traps to 123 range
    I dont know why it's low on power.
    not sure if you have any idea whats going on with that car..

Also, drews car was very capable of 10's, he had 130+mph trap speeds on boost alone..
    Furthermore, the car that went 11.4-11.5 on just boost only had a 575, meaning hes a good 50hp down from you...if he was running the 625 hed be way deeper in the 11's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Also, drews car was very capable of 10's, he had 130+mph trap speeds on boost alone..
    Furthermore, the car that went 11.4-11.5 on just boost only had a 575, meaning hes a good 50hp down from you...if he was running the 625 hed be way deeper in the 11's
    maybe you have a point , but what you are doing here is not right , you sound like a heated fan boy. he did some runs and informed us , you don't want to say congrats ? ok but also we don't need bashing here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem is that peopel take the ABSOLUTE BEST that anyone with the kit has done, and use that as a basis for comparison to everyone else.

these results are EXACTLY as i figured with the way that car was setup, on pumpgas, about 490HP worth 119mph in an E92.

This car gained 130-140HP over a FBO/tuned DCT M3 on the same dyno (different days though)
    if a stock S65 on THAT dyno makes about 330 HP, then he gained 170HP

are you people REALLY trying to tell me that a 575/600 ESS kit is SUPPOSED to gain more than that to the wheels?

We need more customer done dyno's and trap speeds from this kit, and other kits, especially near here. I think the EXTREMES posted by lots of people have customers infatuated with delusions of grandure about what their car is now doing, and then when they hit the strip and or dyno, they get "subpar" #'s they are reluctant to post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i probably have a better idea about this car then most here. given that most of the mods including the ESS kit were installed by us and not taken for someone else to do it. there are a couple things i want to try, that i suspect may be culprits. to honestly answer Stickys question - at this time I do not know why this car is a bit low on power.
    your bench racing skills are top notch. you are comparing this car to cars that are obviously faster and make more power. they run 9psi, this one hits 6.9psi. they run meth and race/pump mix, this was on straight pump. all those cars are also DCT which is faster, ESS DCT cars are faster then ESS 6spd cars too.

here is dyno for this car...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have run 9's on my skate board, so everyone chill out. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW 10s is on a 100 shot, so a bit more then boosted. That same car went 11.5 on just boost, I believe. I think 11.5-11.6 is achievable on this manual car once we get the power where it should be and have a few more passes on it.
    Yes but similar trap to other boosted cars so obviously 10's is possible with just boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are you people REALLY trying to tell me that a 575/600 ESS kit is SUPPOSED to gain more than that to the wheels?
    ESS claims that... hence all those problems with fudged dynos.

The problem is that peopel take the ABSOLUTE BEST that anyone with the kit has done, and use that as a basis for comparison to everyone else.
    Absolutely, and the N54 guys were some of the worst with this. Applying times from stripped cars at SAC as if JB3's run 120 mph with just a tune, please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    your bench racing skills are top notch. you are comparing this car to cars that are obviously faster and make more power. they run 9psi, this one hits 6.9psi. they run meth and race/pump mix, this was on straight pump. all those cars are also DCT which is faster, ESS DCT cars are faster then ESS 6spd cars too.

here is dyno for this car...
    I ran 7.5 psi at the strip.

A manual should make more power than a DCT so something is up or that is just what the kit really does and these other guys have been running different pulleys which is likely true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ESS claims that... hence all those problems with fudged dynos.

Absolutely, and the N54 guys were some of the worst with this. Applying times from stripped cars at SAC as if JB3's run 120 mph with just a tune, please.

well, ill have to look at their claims again. Plus with all the pulley swapping, who really knows.. are there any other known times for ESS besides M.Wads?

I do hope that if there is a problem here, it gets resolved. it could be the tune itself. I dont know the hardware differences between the ESS kits 575-600-625 and boost with each. But he did say he is running 600 hardware, and not 625 tune right?

N54 seem to have A LOT of variance, from 120+ to 125 (yea right..) in Cali stock turbo's, depending on track, to a few canadians 119-123 stock turbo, and OB in FL running 124 on juice, me @ 123 w/RB's.. I get confused.. so I only REALLY pay attention to locals now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

In the end, I apologize if you took anything I was saying as bashing - but I was just trying to get the point across that this is not an accurate representation of the potential of an ESS VT2-600 S65. Thanks for getting out to the track and providing us with some unbiased/honest numbers, and good luck with the finding/fixing of the issue.

For what its worth, heres what other guys are dynoing in our area with the same set-up:
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490018

Hope you guys figure out the problem !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I never did like drag racing...all of this internet stuff and lying and bashing...I'll just stick to road racing..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Try launching a SMG!! LOl. Fcuking sucks. Nice time tho.
    No launch control?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but I was just trying to get the point across that this is not an accurate representation of the potential of an ESS VT2-600 S65
    Maybe it is though? They are running a higher boost pulley and it is a 6 speed manual. It may be an accurate representation for the ESS 6-speeds.

IMG and M33 have been two guys who are extreme fanboys and have been swapping pulleys left and right so who knows what pulleys they really ran as there were no boost graphs?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast