Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

11s in ESS 6spd Manual E92 M3

Its been a while since I have updated this thread. Yesterday we threw the Mickeys on and took the M3 to Atco. It took me 2 passes to get used to it and click off the first 11 second pass. As far as I know I am the first to put a 6spd manual E92 M into 11s according to DragTimes and BimmerBoost, I just need to upload my slip. I also had vbox on hand so I got a 0-60mph time of 3.7sec.

11.9@119 with a 1.93 60'. I definetly have 11.7 in it next time, on my best run, launch and shifts I got distracted by my budddies GTR and bounced rev limiter in 3rd and didnt hit 4th well so I went 12.0@112. As you can tell by the trap how much I left on the table. pump gas, no meth.

here is a video of my 12.0 pass vs my friends 11.73 GT-R pass. Heads up I beat him by .078sec, missing 4th completely and only trapping 112 while he trapped 120.

Video is in 720p, you just have to select it in the drop down

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

very nice numbers..
    it's a 625 kit , right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    very nice numbers..
    it's a 625 kit , right?
    VT600 kit with slightly smaller pulley, no retune for VT625. 265/40/18 Mickeys. Full weight. Pump gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

damn.. that a good time/.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Should have called me up! i got a vbox, could have used for both cars, i got the gopro, could have had inside/exterior views!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Should have called me up! i got a vbox, could have used for both cars, i got the gopro, could have had inside/exterior views!
    i dont have your number. we had a vbox. we totally forgot about it until the very end. we just used it for 0-60 times. i did 3.7 in the M3 and my friend did a 3.6 in his GTR. our 3rd friend that went in his Evo X went 11.2. so it was a good 11sec day for all 3 of us.

M3 is very challenging to drive (launch), especially given the fact that I didnt even drive it to the track lol. not impossible like some people make it sound. i did find a good combination of settings, tire pressure and launch points that i will use as a starting point next time. unambitious projection of 11.7 should achievable once the 60' is down in the 1.8x range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

its cool, when was this sat. or sunday? i thought about heading down there with the nice weather, but didnt.

I heard the launch control is a pain to figure out, but i met up with 2 m3 guys yesterday, and that convo came up, both were saying its pretty badass, but i dint think anyone actually got it working properly. they said its sick.

thats the same M3 that we talked about before yes? next time run some racefuel and see what that sucker puts dout mph wise.

Thats a good mph for the gtr too, only one i ever saw there only got 119, i know its 1 mph, but it all adds up..

Im glad to see you guys hittin up the strip though Click here to enlarge

ill inform you guys on when there is a private rental, would be much better to be only be a select few of high HP/nice cars and not crowded with 15 second civics Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

track was empty yesterday. weather was good. no breakdowns. gound was warm, air was cold. couldnt ask for better conditions really. i have a feeling i know why the M3 is missing a few mph, im gonna test my theory within next few weeks and bring it back out. i didnt know 6spd M3s have launch control, i just launched around 3k doing a quick slip.

rentals are kind of waste IMO unless you are running under 11.49 and dont have a cage - in that case rental is the only way to go but other wise there is no point. we got there at 1:30 yesetrday and by 4:15 (close) I got 4 runs in and the owner did one.

its cool, when was this sat. or sunday? i thought about heading down there with the nice weather, but didnt.

I heard the launch control is a pain to figure out, but i met up with 2 m3 guys yesterday, and that convo came up, both were saying its pretty badass, but i dint think anyone actually got it working properly. they said its sick.

thats the same M3 that we talked about before yes? next time run some racefuel and see what that sucker puts dout mph wise.

Thats a good mph for the gtr too, only one i ever saw there only got 119, i know its 1 mph, but it all adds up..

Im glad to see you guys hittin up the strip though Click here to enlarge

ill inform you guys on when there is a private rental, would be much better to be only be a select few of high HP/nice cars and not crowded with 15 second civics Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

well, i talked to the track guys a few weeks ago, private rentals no longer mean leniant on the rules. they said they had to cancel a corvette trackday because none had cages, all were reg street cars too, so even thats gone away now.

usually when i go its packed with civics and constantly breaking rotaries.. glad you guys had a good day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

am I the only one who finds those times pathetic for the M3? For example:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DLSJ5#p/u/0/gG-B3RI-LHs

There are others with lesser boost ESS kits trapping 127 - I guess track prep, conditions, etc... make a HUGE (8mph) difference?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge

There are others with lesser boost ESS kits trapping 127 - I guess track prep, conditions, etc... make a HUGE (8mph) difference?
    1. M3 is no drag car
    2. Do better, before you call someone else's time pathetic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

you cant compare those cars across the country in different conditions, and then ESS kits with N20.. ESPECIALLY with Sac times thare are notoriously 2-3mph FASTER than the rest of country, you should know that coming from the N54 scene

can you link to S/C M3's trapping 127? ive never seen it

these times are exactly as they should be for this kit, in these conditions. i would expect a 120-122 on a best case scenario from this car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    1) Regardless of whether it is a drag car or not, it doesnt matter. A 335 isnt a drag car either, nor is a CTS-V or a Z06, but people take them to the track. So, given this, just saying "M3 is no drag car" is a bull$#@! of an excuse.
    2) I have done better in many of my other cars (most of which aren't drag cars).

There was no attitude in my original post, so obviously you got all bitter when one person didnt worship a pathetic 11.9@119 when naturally aspirated forms of the same engine running over 150whp less have the potential of running the same times. Relax there pal.

I also dont think it will be a big surprise at all if you get walked by LostMarine, judging by these traps speeds of course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

@LostMarine, there you go:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

yes, but wasnt he on N20 for these runs?

ive found that we cant compare times and et's to other area's, we can compare to locals, which we have a growing # of enthusiast. this is why i wanted dyno's and track times from our locals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Not for that one, he was on the bottle when he trapped 130 or so..

which is my point exactly, this car is running significantly slower than others....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Here's another thread on it:
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...rst-in-the-10s

126.7mph with a horrendous 60ft time on just the blower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

right, but i think its our area.
    remember guys on stock turbo N54's trapping equal and faster than me on RB's? because they are in different area's. which is why, yes, im jealous, but nothing we can do about it

**edit- yea, i see it now, thats the same video, not different

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yeah, I know our area is known to produce some of the slowest times around lol, but regardless of this wouldnt you think that a 500+whp car is going to trap AT LEAST 120mph where the very same car on less boost is running 127 in other parts of the country? I would say its the driver but judging from the video hes pretty good. We have nothing to compare it to because from what I'm aware of, no other ESS M3's have hit the track by us...
    ...Given all this, I still stick with my original statement that these times are pathetic for the M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yeah, I know our area is known to produce some of the slowest times around lol, but regardless of this wouldnt you think that a 500+whp car is going to trap AT LEAST 120mph where the very same car on less boost is running 127 in other parts of the country? I would say its the driver but judging from the video hes pretty good. We have nothing to compare it to because from what I'm aware of, no other ESS M3's have hit the track by us...
    ...Given all this, I still stick with my original statement that these times are pathetic for the M3.
    these times are exactly as they should be for this kit, in these conditions. i would expect a 120-122 on a best case scenario from this car
    this is on pumpgas where the car dyno'd47x with stock exhaust, 480X-49X Hp with aftermarket exhaust, it hit just over 500Hp on racefuel i believe. Prodigy can clarify anything i misquoted.
    i think with some better traction, and better fuel, il stick to my statement above. which is why i wanted to run it, we are basicaly dead even on power

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Why is he only just grazing 500whp on the 600 kit with the 625 pulley and aftermarket exhaust? Meanwhile others like M33 are getting close to 540whp on pump?

Again, different dynos, different conditions, different correction factors, different days, etc...

But, by the looks of it, do you not feel that this car is putting down lower numbers and slower times than others?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If you two race, CONTRARY to what I have been proclaiming for a long time, I will have to put my money on you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

not sure, but my buddies FBO /tuned DCT M3 put down 360-370 on the same dyno..

** edit** rep for that last comment Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

^which is pretty accurate for what they are seeing with those mods...
    ..maybe its the car? lol who knows, but for this particular race I see you coming out on top

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
    1. M3 is no drag car
    2. Do better, before you call someone else's time pathetic
    It's tough to launch.

However, you were talking down on my 1/4 mile times so a bit hypocritical of you to say that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast