Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    The only way for PG to be removed as a mod on that forum is if the other vendors (Gintani etc.) start applying pressure to Jason by threatening to withdraw their sponsorship. Trust me Jason doesn't want to lose the fees he's collecting. It all comes down to money, once Jason feels that PG is costing him money he will be gone, beyond that we as forum members can circulate all the petitions we want but without sponsors backing us it will never get anywhere.

Regardless some sort of action needs to be taken. He can't be allowed to continue doing whatever the hell he feels like. Deleting posts issuing bans and taking swipes at competitors.
    Agreed x2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +3
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tag824 Click here to enlarge
    guess i lost all my rep's... later bro's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only way for PG to be removed as a mod on that forum is if the other vendors (Gintani etc.) start applying pressure to Jason by threatening to withdraw their sponsorship. Trust me Jason doesn't want to lose the fees he's collecting. It all comes down to money, once Jason feels that PG is costing him money he will be gone, beyond that we as forum members can circulate all the petitions we want but without sponsors backing us it will never get anywhere.

Regardless some sort of action needs to be taken. He can't be allowed to continue doing whatever the hell he feels like. Deleting posts issuing bans and taking swipes at competitors.
    You are correct, definitely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jason isn't much of a business person. His EGO clouds his judgment. If enough users switch over to bimmerboost then maybe he'll see the light. So I'd focus on getting people to switch by posting content ONLY over here. My $.02.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Jason isn't much of a business person. His EGO clouds his judgment. If enough users switch over to bimmerboost then maybe he'll see the light. So I'd focus on getting people to switch by posting content ONLY over here. My $.02.
    Terry, you are 100% correct, but easier said than done. Difficult to get people to switch if they don't know about it. I'm working on the content... working hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everyone uses that forum because everyone else uses it. The M community is relatively small IMHO. Get the major players to post here only and you'll get everyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everyone uses that forum because everyone else uses it. The M community is relatively small IMHO. Get the major players to post here only and you'll get everyone.
    I have you.. I thought that was enough Click here to enlarge

PM me, let's discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree with this as well. Pretty much what went down on M3Forum...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Getting people to switch over is a great step. I completely agree with you. But I think we should focus on getting the vendors together and having them put forth the petition along with signatures from forum members. Once Jason sees it coming from all sides along w/ the prospect of losing thousands of dollars each month, he will boot PG faster thank you can blink. Trust me he does not want to lose all that money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Getting people to switch over is a great step. I completely agree with you. But I think we should focus on getting the vendors together and having them put forth the petition along with signatures from forum members. Once Jason sees it coming from all sides along w/ the prospect of losing thousands of dollars each month, he will boot PG faster thank you can blink. Trust me he does not want to lose all that money.
    I just don't see how in the world you pull that off.

I know of a couple of vendors that would be willing to do it and have already expressed displeasure at giving money only to get hammered in a biased fashion, but how do you get a group larger than that? Many just want to be where the traffic is, that is all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Additionally, I post all my content here but most users repost it in many places. Exclusive content is the key... but who is willing to do that and actually help?

I know you are Click here to enlarge

West Los Angeles, California, United States
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem is that this forum isn't as universal as m3p... We're basically a boosted nation... I will attempt to get some exclusive content on here with the more mods I put out but we should coordinate meets and get the word out on the street as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shaunt Click here to enlarge
    The problem is that this forum isn't as universal as m3p... We're basically a boosted nation... I will attempt to get some exclusive content on here with the more mods I put out but we should coordinate meets and get the word out on the street as well.
    Why not? This forum is about BMW Performance... it does not just have to be boost, the name was catchy Click here to enlarge

We will strive to accommodate all BMW enthusiasts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tightie Click here to enlarge
    I'm not the kind of person to get involved with the PG drama because I like Robert. The past few days I've been thinking about it...
    Can it be that Robert isn't happy with his dyno numbers? Maybe it was ESS messing with their dynos...
    Maybe if he had a Gintani kit plus that stroker motor, his numbers wuold have been much higher.. I don't know.. Maybe he made a bad choice.. But I know for a fact that Alex wouldn't fake a dyno or bull$#@! a customer because he doesn't care about the money. He does this because he loves what he does.. I've never met any shop or any shop owner get his hands so dirty and stay late nights... He will do whatever he has to do to get the job done. Work until 1am? 3am? 5am? 6am? That's not a big deal.. I've seen it been done countless of times already. Quality? Top notch. Everything is done in house... No casting, none of that bull$#@!. I dont know, I can go on for days and days.. I'm not starting a war with company vs company.. I'm just happy with the choice I've made.

I'm willing to put my money on Gintani if they get their hands on a stroker car that Robert would see much better results..
    +1. If I ever buy an e90/92, I will go Gintani for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shaunt Click here to enlarge
    This would help get the forum name out. Organize a big Socal meet, call vendors they will round up people and cars. The word will get out about the bimmerboost meet. Have vendor giveaways/prizes.

People will post pics of the event and the turn out, on all bimmer forums. The so-called “other forum” will get some recognition.

Should also get a big crew to roll into bimmerfest and rep the bimmerboost forum.

As far as the bimmerboost name, it does help that FI is the future of BMW, even the M-division.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge

As far as the bimmerboost name, it does help that FI is the future of BMW, even the M-division.
    This is precisely the thinking that led to BimmerBoost. It is a forward thinking forum and BMW's decision is exactly what played into it.

Regarding your idea for a meet, something is in the works. I assure you, the other major vendors in SoCal know BB exists and know what is going on. They are biding their time and seeing what happens, I can't blame them. Guys in New York are not going to be dictating rules to SoCal much longer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would be down to rock a bimmerboost sticker in my window or if shirts were made I would wear it. If someone came up with a shirt design I could get them printed out for us if needed.
    Power Mods: Dinan pulley, Dinan Flash,Dinan Intake, Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Gintani catless Xpipe,
    Cosmetic: Molded Vorsteiner Poly-Lip, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Black Side Vents,Glossy Black Kidneys, Reflectors Delete, Smoked Tail Lights, CF Vorsteiner Trunk, V1 Hardwire

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skoot3r Click here to enlarge
    I would be down to rock a bimmerboost sticker in my window or if shirts were made I would wear it. If someone came up with a shirt design I could get them printed out for us if needed.
    G-string?

Stickers, shirts, no prob.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I just don't see how in the world you pull that off.

I know of a couple of vendors that would be willing to do it and have already expressed displeasure at giving money only to get hammered in a biased fashion, but how do you get a group larger than that? Many just want to be where the traffic is, that is all.
    I know its not an easy task, I realize that, but if we approach the vendors and show them the emails that he's sent you and along with his other antics (deleting posts, badmouthing other vendors, etc.) I'm sure they'll come onboard. No one in their right mind wants a guy like that in a position of power. Also you have to convince that he's bad for business. Sooner or later he may turn on them. By paying those fees those vendors are making an invest in their business, but that investment is worthless if there are biased moderators hammering their product at every turn. Sorry if I am ranting, but his bs needs to come an end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skoot3r Click here to enlarge
    I'm down to rock stickers or a shirt to get the word out about bimmerboost

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I know its not an easy task, I realize that, but if we approach the vendors and show them the emails that he's sent you and along with his other antics (deleting posts, badmouthing other vendors, etc.) I'm sure they'll come onboard. No one in their right mind wants a guy like that in a position of power. Also you have to convince that he's bad for business. Sooner or later he may turn on them. By paying those fees those vendors are making an invest in their business, but that investment is worthless if there are biased moderators hammering their product at every turn. Sorry if I am ranting, but his bs needs to come an end.

simply offer them free sponsorship of these boards for a limited time and let the rest fall in place....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    G-string?

Stickers, shirts, no prob.
    naw bimmerboost booty shorts would sell better
    Power Mods: Dinan pulley, Dinan Flash,Dinan Intake, Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Gintani catless Xpipe,
    Cosmetic: Molded Vorsteiner Poly-Lip, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Black Side Vents,Glossy Black Kidneys, Reflectors Delete, Smoked Tail Lights, CF Vorsteiner Trunk, V1 Hardwire

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by disruptv Click here to enlarge
    simply offer them free sponsorship of these boards for a limited time and let the rest fall in place....
    That's a great idea, but that's up to Sticky and the other forum owners.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have approached vendors and some are here specifically due to that. You would be surprised how many vendors simply don't care though. They want to sell and advertise where the traffic is. If the traffics switches, which in due time it will, so will they. We do have a handful of vendors here who have supported from day 1 and others who have come on board and given full support. I won't speak for them, they made their stance on Bpost known by being here and their support is appreciated.

Many vendors don't sell tunes or go after the performance market aggressively so they stay out of that aspect and just push their wheels, lights, etc.

You are not ranting, what you are saying makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya my bad sticky

I hope I wasnt coming across like I was telling you how to run you business..

I am firm believer that competition only betters the product and improves the prices...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast