Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 112
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    That's right, you don't me personally nor do you know what went on prior to the email Josh posted. There are 2 sides to every story and people have only heard his. If I had the time to sit down and waste a whole day posting up snippets of emails between Josh, AT, GP and myself, I would, but I don't. Not like it matters anyways. The $#@! is already out of the horse, can't put it back. People have already made up their minds and I really could care less to waste any more time trying to level the playing field. Like I said in my thread at M3post, there's only one way to prove something works and that is at the track.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by niterider Click here to enlarge
    This is so much BS. I had the first kit from Gintani and I got the same discount Josh got and guess what my engine is still running...Now I give props to G power for at least standing behind their product. Thats a big plus for them. However as for this clown? Hes just hurting G power as far as I know and I dont know the guy personally but Ive seen how hes delt with Josh (who is a super nice guy) and its uncalled for. Hes lucky Josh isnt the type of guy that would hurt anyone. At the end of the Day Josh still paid for his kit, it wasnt free, discounted yes but he still cough up a lot of money and for Samir to treat him the way he did is wrong for anyone to do, I dont care who u r.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Whales Vag
    Posts
    1,214
    Rep Points
    1.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    oh $#@! :popcorn:
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tag824 Click here to enlarge
    guess i lost all my rep's... later bro's

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by technik Click here to enlarge
    You've got a pair of brass ones, I'll give you that. I don't even know who you are but you seem keen on spreading lies about me. Why don't you back up what you say with actual proof? I find it funny that you go out of your way to post an entire thread about me regarding a post that was made in a different forum. Care to tell me where the obsession lies, cuz I've noticed you like to bash me in other forums as well.
    Big brass ones, and it seems the sparks caught your attention, welcome!

    You have noticed I like to bash you? Please, SHOW me an example of me bashing you. I just know your history as I even was on your own forum back in the day Samir Click here to enlarge What happened to it? Why don't you tell us all.

    Secondly, don't flatter yourself, this thread was not made because of you. This thread was made because of M3post, get it?


    How have I been shady? I was very active on the E46fanatics boards back in the day, sponsored the performance section and sold a couple hundred M52TU/M54 SC kits that worked very well thanks to Jim Conforti's tuning. Out of a couple hundred customers, was every single one happy? Of course not. Show me one business that has a 100% customer satisfaction rate, I'd love to see it. I never went out of business, nor did I change names. I've always been "technik". Is tuning and developing BMW performance products my main occupation? Nope. Never was. I started as an enthusiast back in 2002, realized there was a void in the market (ie. E46 supercharger kits, headers, etc.) and developed a solid lineup of products that worked very well. I never half-assed anything, paid top dollar for great software tuning and introduced ASA's superchargers to the US market. The combination was a highly reliable kit that was very popular with E46 owners. Were there a few cars that had problems? Sure, not gonna deny that, but I always tried to rectify the problem as best I could. Sometimes people modded their kits outside of the specifications that I tuned them for, can't do anything about that.
    I'm liking the spin man, liking it a lot. Good effort Click here to enlarge I like that you mention E46fanatics, but see that is kind of a mistake as well, here are some examples from there:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hamann_323ci
    Guys, I ordered some items from Samir, I haven't been able to get ahold of him, anyone know if the shop is still around? I have sent him e-mails and tried calling but no reply.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jeremysmith1967
    I heard that Teknik as a company no longer exists and that they are now associated with Auto Talent.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chr325is
    Shaadddyyyy
    The word shady is synonymous with you on E46fanatics.



    You call buying a part from a 3rd party as "dealing with me"? Are you delusional? Not paid my bill? WTF are you talking? RPI? Eloy gave me the exhaust to try out. There was never a "sale". In the end I purchased the entire system from him because I liked it. There was never an outstanding balance prior to that. He got paid and I actually bought a 2nd system from him as well. Get your facts straight before you pop off about things you clearly know nothing about.
    No I'm not delusional, you are. It is exactly what I said it is. You never paid your bill, not my problem. You don't want people saying you don't pay your bill? Then pay your bill. You had months to do it. As a matter of fact, this was MONTHS after the exhaust. Get my facts straight? This is information told straight to my face and considering I had your front section on my car for.... oh a few months, seems you didn't come to RPI looking for it, now did you? You think RPI is the only place where you have a shady reputation?



    Sometimes its best to make a customer happy even if all the facts aren't known, especially when dealing with sponsored client that is trying out a new product. Most companies would have told Josh his engine wasn't covered due to adding a mod that wasn't recommended. G-Power actually stepped up and took care of him without ever knowing the circumstances that led to the failure on a competitor's dyno. In hindsight that was clearly the wrong move since Josh still went ahead and complained about it EVEN after his engine was repaired on GP's tab.
    You think Josh wasn't telling me what you were doing? You essentially hung him out to dry and told him to go F himself. Yep, that e-mail is certainly someone trying to make the customer happy, right? Personally, if that is how you treated Josh, you are not getting my business and I will advise people to stay away, count on it.

    Opinions and $#@!s, you know the saying? Over a 100 kits installed worldwide, that's all there is to say. I'll put my M3 up against anyone, anywhere, anytime.
    I think 100 kits installed is an opinion. Plus, didn't you get someone in deep $#@! with RMS when you promised a turbo kit you couldn't deliver? So... installed is misleading when they aren't installed correctly, right?

    You will put your M3 up against anyone? I would stick to M3's other than mine Click here to enlarge



    Pot meet kettle? Keep drinking the haterade. I've always been out in the open, search my username at E46fanatics. I would define shady as someone hiding behind their username making false accusations and having a hard-on for someone they've never met personally.
    Hatorade? What is their to hate? Technik failed, yes or no? You disappeared owing people money and parts, yes or no? I could care less about you, to me you are insignificant, but when you start hurting people and my friends, I'm going to let people know.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by technik Click here to enlarge
    That's right, you don't me personally nor do you know what went on prior to the email Josh posted. There are 2 sides to every story and people have only heard his. If I had the time to sit down and waste a whole day posting up snippets of emails between Josh, AT, GP and myself, I would, but I don't. Not like it matters anyways. The $#@! is already out of the horse, can't put it back. People have already made up their minds and I really could care less to waste any more time trying to level the playing field. Like I said in my thread at M3post, there's only one way to prove something works and that is at the track.
    Excellent that you get to prove it at the track now at the expense of two people's motors. We are all glad you now get to reap the benefits and attempt to portray G-power as a solid option when thus far all it has proved is that it is the worst option.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by technik Click here to enlarge
    The kits weren't rushed out, they were already running for over year prior to that on cars in Europe and the UAE. The fuel quality in this country was the issue and is what ultimately led to the 2 failures. The new US software has reduced timing now to prevent this from happening again.
    Oh, so the thought of different fuel never entered anyones mind during this year testing phase? What did they do during this year, just cruise around the country side? No different fuels were tried? Weren't they already announcing SKI and SKII, and even SKIII systems? Sounds like they were rushed, since testing was not properly completed which LED to the motors blowing. How are they not rushed when they don't have the correct tuning? Didn't G-power have the first "kit" available? To me, an available kit is one that has been tested, not one that is going to be tested to find out when the motors pop.

    So.... was the testing not done properly, or what? You can't get different fuels in Europe? Hell, even ESS was able to test in europe and here without blowing their motors. G-power just does things the hard way?

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    First and foremost, you are the VENDOR in this case, even if your customer is pissing you off, ect... YOU, as a VENDOR, should have more class than to stoop to name calling and threats. Secondly, Josh is seriously a very kind, patient, and good hearted individual, there is NO doubt in my mind who was the person causing drama and bull$#@! in this transaction.

    Second, anyone that deals with RMS, well, that speaks volumes about how much they care about their customers and reputation. Really, why would you try to do anything with RMS? Birds of a feather flock together...

    Third, I heard that on these two cars that blew, the timing up top was HIGHER than stock, what crack head tuned that? Timing should be lowered IMMENSELY on these motors when going FI.

    Fourth, I have heard plenty of things that lead me to believe that you, Samir, and Technik aren't really known for how great their customer service is. You said it yourself, tuning is not your main gig, which makes sense. The tuning biz comes second to you, which means customers do too...

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Since Samir challenged me to show proof, here you go, come to your own conclusion:

    Samir started out with Technik which were his parts under the RennSport halo both of which just disappeared one day. They had a facility in LA. Samir made all kinds of lofty promises to people and did sell many SC kits for E46's. However, his customer service was notoriously bad. He also started out with Sam from Autotalent who had tried to distance himself from Samir. Autotalent took over the old Technik facility and is still in it.

    Now, many people were left high and dry:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 Click here to enlarge
    So much for customer service. It is amazing how they bounce around customers. You contact Technik to only to be told to contact Autotalent. If you have a problem, Autotalent tells you to contact Technik. They are under the same roof, is it so hard to walk up to each other and coordinate? :hmm:

    BTW, DME reflash should not take a month.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BimmerDude18 Click here to enlarge
    It was sent originally over a year and returned unprogramed (he had a shark injector) a month later. Then sent back, returned because they had moved, couple months lost as they never tried to track it down but instead the post office had to figure it out. Sent AGAIN back in I want to say early October, still haven't had it show up. Its beyond acceptable many times over.
    Regarding Technik disappearing: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=525501

    I have not dealt with Samir personally, as stated, but there is plenty around to make you wary. He wants proof, there is an abundant amount in this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=574100

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by beanfree
    ESS, VF and AA all make good kits.

    I would never get another bolt from TE [technik], never mind a kit. Cheats.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Highboostin330
    Good luck with Samir. He is horrible at customer service and even worst at response time. There is a reason why these guys are slowly losing credibility. He still owes Mike Benvo money for the engine he screwed up.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pat
    I'm really sorry for all of those affected by this. I had made a purchase from them back in January and it went smooth. Super fast shipment, incredible responsiveness. I few months into it, I purchased another item, this time with a bit less responsiveness and somewhat more of a hassle. Then a few months ago I wanted to get some coilovers and their lack of interest and increased pricess drew me away from them. The website starting displaying errors and something just didn't seem right. Luckily, I did not purchase from them.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Highboostin330
    Rennsport -> Technik -> Autotalent.

    It is run by the same people, they just ended up continually changing the name.
    Now, does that all sound shady? Why did Samir lose his shop? Why did a whole bunch of people wonder why he disappeared? Why does he have a less than stellar reputation? I don't know, come to your own conclusion.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    77
    Rep Points
    43.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by technik Click here to enlarge
    That's right, you don't me personally nor do you know what went on prior to the email Josh posted. There are 2 sides to every story and people have only heard his. If I had the time to sit down and waste a whole day posting up snippets of emails between Josh, AT, GP and myself, I would, but I don't. Not like it matters anyways. The $#@! is already out of the horse, can't put it back. People have already made up their minds and I really could care less to waste any more time trying to level the playing field. Like I said in my thread at M3post, there's only one way to prove something works and that is at the track.
    Ur right and guess where Ive been, at the track. Where have u been? The only time Ive seen ur car at any track was at the eurotuner gp event and my car beat urs in every category, so I would b careful when calling out ALL CARS. Take in consideration my car is not one of the fastest either.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    570
    Rep Points
    432.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by technik Click here to enlarge
    That's right, you don't me personally nor do you know what went on prior to the email Josh posted. There are 2 sides to every story and people have only heard his. If I had the time to sit down and waste a whole day posting up snippets of emails between Josh, AT, GP and myself, I would, but I don't. Not like it matters anyways. The $#@! is already out of the horse, can't put it back. People have already made up their minds and I really could care less to waste any more time trying to level the playing field. Like I said in my thread at M3post, there's only one way to prove something works and that is at the track.
    hey Welcome to bimmerboost!!!!

    I don't know you but for most people I think they read and absorb then tries to make a wise choice of what they want or NOT want to believe.
    but as far as I know speaking to a customer in the wrong form is a big NO NO.

    good luck
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Points
    2,104.0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    GENTLEMEN, I would like to point out that i have been in the business since Mar 1998 and even though my customers PISS ME OFF sometimes i fight back by making them smile so hard that most of the times they apologize for making my life hell! Click here to enlarge LOOOLLLOOOLLL I still love them because they are enthusiasts just like myself and the only reason i started my company was seeing how many ripoffs there were and still are in the market! If i don't know about something i don't sell it, SIMPLE!

    I have noticed many horror stories happening with customers in the States and it really makes me angry seeing that so many people get ripped off by so called VENDORS and companies that disappear over night.

    Not to toot me on horn here but Thank God a Million times i have customers thousands of miles away in countries like AUSTRALIA, UK, USA, KUWAIT, QATAR, UAE, SAUDI ARABIA that send me CASH payments for all their purchases and I have never let them down and never will! I must be doing SOMETHING right? right? Click here to enlarge

    My advice to Technik (or whatever it is called now) and to PG and others doing the same thing is KARMA IS A $#@! so stop messing with peoples hard earned money or you will never be successful in your lives!

    P.S. G-Power was always so difficult to deal with for me so i never really bothered with them in the end even though they have some good products. Their SC kit for the new M3 should have been tested properly and NOT on customers cars.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    GENTLEMEN, I would like to point out that i have been in the business since Mar 1998 and even though my customers PISS ME OFF sometimes i fight back by making them smile so hard that most of the times they apologize for making my life hell! Click here to enlarge LOOOLLLOOOLLL I still love them because they are enthusiasts just like myself and the only reason i started my company was seeing how many ripoffs there were and still are in the market! If i don't know about something i don't sell it, SIMPLE!

    I have noticed many horror stories happening with customers in the States and it really makes me angry seeing that so many people get ripped off by so called VENDORS and companies that disappear over night.

    Not to toot me on horn here but Thank God a Million times i have customers thousands of miles away in countries like AUSTRALIA, UK, USA, KUWAIT, QATAR, UAE, SAUDI ARABIA that send me CASH payments for all their purchases and I have never let them down and never will! I must be doing SOMETHING right? right? Click here to enlarge

    My advice to Technik (or whatever it is called now) and to PG and others doing the same thing is KARMA IS A $#@! so stop messing with peoples hard earned money or you will never be successful in your lives!

    P.S. G-Power was always so difficult to deal with for me so i never really bothered with them in the end even though they have some good products. Their SC kit for the new M3 should have been tested properly and NOT on customers cars.
    Thank you for your perspective! Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You have noticed I like to bash you? Please, SHOW me an example of me bashing you.
    To start...

    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=191

    And if I had more time to waste, I could pull up others.

    I just know your history as I even was on your own forum back in the day Samir Click here to enlarge What happened to it? Why don't you tell us all.
    I shut it down after I went wholesale. I simply got bored of talking about the same old $#@! everyday. Why do you care anyways?

    Secondly, don't flatter yourself, this thread was not made because of you. This thread was made because of M3post, get it?
    LOL, um look at the title of this thread, "get it"?

    I'm liking the spin man, liking it a lot. Good effort Click here to enlarge I like that you mention E46fanatics, but see that is kind of a mistake as well, here are some examples from there:
    Those quotes donít prove anything, except for the fact that you have a lot of time on your hands. I mean seriously, do you have a folder dedicated to threads about me for easy access? Like I said, I never went out of business, I simply went wholesale. This means I rarely sold directly to the retail consumer and didnít have any direct contact info for retail customers (save for my email). Iíd say 95% of my invoices have been wholesale since 2005.

    Just because I stopped sponsoring the forums and promoting my products online, doesnít mean Iím shady. My departure from the retail space actually was a good thing for the competition cuz Rennsport cleaned up back in the day and had a great track record for customer service. Sam and I had differing views on where the business was heading, so we went our separate ways and shut down the retail side of Rennsport (he then created AutoTalent on his own). None of that has any bearing on why you should call me "shady".

    Now, if you have friends that you feel have been wronged by me, then Iíd be happy to resolve the issue if they contact me directly. My email (samir@rennsport.com) has always worked. To date, I have not been contacted by anyone claiming Iíve ripped them off. AFAIK, all retail invoices are fulfilled so if you know something I donít, have them contact me asap.

    No I'm not delusional, you are. It is exactly what I said it is. You never paid your bill, not my problem. You don't want people saying you don't pay your bill? Then pay your bill. You had months to do it. As a matter of fact, this was MONTHS after the exhaust. Get my facts straight? This is information told straight to my face and considering I had your front section on my car for.... oh a few months, seems you didn't come to RPI looking for it, now did you? You think RPI is the only place where you have a shady reputation?
    Sorry to say, but you're wrong. As mundane as this is, if you want a fact-by-fact account of what happened, here goes...

    Southbay Autohaus was building a G-Power SK3 M6 and GPís chief and head of engineering flew in to install it with them. While they were here, GP also upgraded my M3 with a new high-octane file and took it on a LA/Frisco roundtrip. My car still had stock exhaust (was waiting on my GruppeM titanium section) so Qais @ SA hooked up a front section from RPI for G-Power.

    I didnít want the part, but GP needed it for testing (SK2+ requires front section removal). Qais told them I could remove the part and give it back after GP went home to Germany, no invoice was created nor given to me or GP. When I got the car back, I told Qais that I didnít want the part but they seemed hesitant to take it back. I guess they assumed I was going to keep it, but like I said before, I was planning to run a different setup.

    So instead of ruffling feathers, I called Eloy and told him Iíd sell it on the forums, which I did. The buyer ended up getting a full GT system for an E90 as well, so it was a win-win for Eloy. Not sure why they would be pissed, especially since I ended up getting another GT system from them a short while later for the EuroTuner event (wasnít going to receive my GruppeM in time for this). RPI got some free press out of that event as well, so there should be no beef whatsoever.

    You think Josh wasn't telling me what you were doing? You essentially hung him out to dry and told him to go F himself. Yep, that e-mail is certainly someone trying to make the customer happy, right? Personally, if that is how you treated Josh, you are not getting my business and I will advise people to stay away, count on it.
    I think I'll be fine without your business, so don't worry about me. Josh was never my customer in the first place. He was AutoTalent's customer. AT sold him a kit that was destined for my car. Sam asked me if I was willing to sell it to him instead of getting it installed right away so he could put it on a car going to BFest. I agreed and sold it to AT at my cost (didn't make a dime at the time).

    I explained to AT that this was a proto kit which GP sent to me for evaluation on US fuel, therefore the customer needed to be aware that his car would be used as a test mule. He agreed and said this "guy" was cool. What I never signed up for was babysitting. My job was to provide the parts to AT for install. I was NEVER supposed to have to hold hands with Josh throughout this project, that was AT's job, not mine. I'm a patient guy, but when people that aren't even my customer constantly blow up my BBM, email, phone, etc., day in and day out, I gotta tune them out. Like I said, he wasnít my customer, I had no direct obligation to him. I never took his money, nor did I sell him anything. It was AT's job to answer his questions and deal with him directly.

    As far as hanging him out to dry, how so? His car was repaired at no expense to him even after he installed a meth kit which we specifically told him NOT to do. We always said WATER only. Josh should be thanking me because GP was very hesitant to even repair this car since it blew up on a competitorís dyno running METH, which GP expressly said NOT to do. I went to bat for that kid and got GP/AT to cover it, so how am I the bad guy? Instead, he makes this crazy demand that he wants $20K wired to him immediately and his car fixed at Gintani. Excuse me? LOL, $20K wired and the car fixed by a rival company after you install a meth kit and did who knows what on another dyno, um yeah OK.

    Yet even then, I got GP to agree to let Gintani repair the engine, but what does Josh do next? He sends GP an email telling them how they should cut me off as a supplier. Now, keep in mind Iíve done business with these guys for 8 years, did he really think they were going to simply listen to him? Of course not, they also got tired of his threats. That is why I fired off that email to him. Josh then stuck his brother on me who called me up thinking I was gonna get punked or something, only to end up agreeing with me about how crazy Joshís antics are. Never got a call from him again after that.

    So with all this BS thrown about by Josh, I still got his car fixed at no cost to him. Tell me exactly, what does Josh have a right to be mad about? If he has a beef, it should be with AutoTalent for punking him, not me or G-Power.

    I think 100 kits installed is an opinion. Plus, didn't you get someone in deep $#@! with RMS when you promised a turbo kit you couldn't deliver? So... installed is misleading when they aren't installed correctly, right?
    How does the Sevan/RMS situation have anything to do with G-Power's # of installed kits, you're grasping at straws now. The problem with Osh is everyone on the net makes him out to be the devil so any association with him is immediately lambasted. Has he done some shady shady things to people (me/Alex included)? Absolutely, not gonna deny that, but he has delivered on certain things in the past, which is why I felt he could handle this simple job.

    I gave Osh a trick pre-built tubular exhaust manifold (which I donated to Sev for free), all he had to do was complete the plumbing (cold/hot) and make the same exact turbo intake manifold he made for me previously on my own S54 (which was a great piece). In hindsight, that was obviously a mistake, which is why I went down there and got Sevís car out + refund. Took four techs to pull me off Osh, but in the end, Sev was made whole and now Gintani has the project thanks to me, so again, where's the beef? Sev is happy and Alex now has a kit he can sell based on a sick manifold.

    You will put your M3 up against anyone? I would stick to M3's other than mine Click here to enlarge
    Haha, let's see about that Click here to enlarge Mine ain't standard SK2 either anymore.

    Hatorade? What is their to hate? Technik failed, yes or no?
    How do you fail at a hobby? That's all "technik" ever was, a hobby turned small-business. The aftermarket biz is the wild west if you ask me. There are much easier ways to make money, which is why I don't put all my time into "technik" anymore. Maybe someday I'll get back into it full swing, but right now I'm focusing on more pertinent things, rather than trying to run a shop or be a tuner (which kinda sucks to be honest).

    In the end, "technik" had a short run but the products worked and my project cars got people's attention, not like I was selling half-assed $#@!. JimC + ASA hardware was a solid combination (and still is) and offered people another choice besides the old guard. The fact I stopped selling to the retail public, doesn't mean it failed, just means I scaled back my involvement on my own terms.

    You disappeared owing people money and parts, yes or no? I could care less about you, to me you are insignificant, but when you start hurting people and my friends, I'm going to let people know.
    Like I said, AFAIK I don't owe anyone anything. And I sure as f*ck don't have anything to hide, so if you really feel I've ripped someone off, have them contact me, I will take care of it if they're gripe is genuine. I sent you a PM about this as well, you should read it.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Excellent that you get to prove it at the track now at the expense of two people's motors. We are all glad you now get to reap the benefits and attempt to portray G-power as a solid option when thus far all it has proved is that it is the worst option.
    What expense? They were repaired and paid for by GP.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Oh, so the thought of different fuel never entered anyones mind during this year testing phase? What did they do during this year, just cruise around the country side? No different fuels were tried? Weren't they already announcing SKI and SKII, and even SKIII systems? Sounds like they were rushed, since testing was not properly completed which LED to the motors blowing. How are they not rushed when they don't have the correct tuning? Didn't G-power have the first "kit" available? To me, an available kit is one that has been tested, not one that is going to be tested to find out when the motors pop.

    So.... was the testing not done properly, or what? You can't get different fuels in Europe? Hell, even ESS was able to test in europe and here without blowing their motors. G-power just does things the hard way?
    GP did instruct us to run high-octane gas if subjected to heavy loads. It was up to Jon/Josh to do follow this advice, just like it was up to Josh not to install a meth kit.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Since Samir challenged me to show proof, here you go, come to your own conclusion:

    Samir started out with Technik which were his parts under the RennSport halo both of which just disappeared one day. They had a facility in LA. Samir made all kinds of lofty promises to people and did sell many SC kits for E46's. However, his customer service was notoriously bad. He also started out with Sam from Autotalent who had tried to distance himself from Samir. Autotalent took over the old Technik facility and is still in it.

    Now, many people were left high and dry:





    Regarding Technik disappearing: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=525501

    I have not dealt with Samir personally, as stated, but there is plenty around to make you wary. He wants proof, there is an abundant amount in this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=574100









    Now, does that all sound shady? Why did Samir lose his shop? Why did a whole bunch of people wonder why he disappeared? Why does he have a less than stellar reputation? I don't know, come to your own conclusion.
    Like I said, all that proves is that retail customers couldn't order anything from me directly. If AT turned them away, that's on them. I dealt with dealers primarily after 2006, very little retail.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    First and foremost, you are the VENDOR in this case, even if your customer is pissing you off, ect...
    Like I said, I wasn't the vendor, I never sold anything to Josh. That was ALL on AT to coddle Josh and take care of his concerns/questions. My job was to supply parts and get GP to handle the repairs after both motors popped, which I did. For answers to the rest of your posts, please see my reply to Sticky.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by niterider Click here to enlarge
    Ur right and guess where Ive been, at the track. Where have u been? The only time Ive seen ur car at any track was at the eurotuner gp event and my car beat urs in every category, so I would b careful when calling out ALL CARS. Take in consideration my car is not one of the fastest either.
    Apples and oranges. You were running Alexís stage 3 kit (10-11psi), I was running GPís SK2 kit at 7-8psi. You also put down about 30WHP more than me, yet our traps were pretty close. Either way, the car is getting GPís SK2.5 upgrade for the Fontana run so that would be an even comparison if you wanted to run me there.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    hey Welcome to bimmerboost!!!!

    I don't know you but for most people I think they read and absorb then tries to make a wise choice of what they want or NOT want to believe.
    but as far as I know speaking to a customer in the wrong form is a big NO NO.

    good luck
    Read my reply to Sticky to get an idea of the events that led up to that email. And like I said, he wasn't my customer, I never sold him anything directly. AT sold the kit, made the money off him, I didn't, therefore he was their responsibility. I don't mind answering questions here and there, but when I get inundated with texts, calls, emails, etc. etc. etc. that AT should be answering, I'm gonna draw the line when that same person attempts to mess with my livelihood.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He also started out with Sam from Autotalent who had tried to distance himself from Samir. Autotalent took over the old Technik facility and is still in it.
    Sam never distanced himself from me, it was the other way around. I was the primary investor and funded the entire shop. I decided staying in the retail-side of the business wasnít something I wanted to do anymore, so I took my brands and went wholesale. The shop is still in my name, AutoTalent leases the space from me.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by technik Click here to enlarge
    Read my reply to Sticky to get an idea of the events that led up to that email. And like I said, he wasn't my customer, I never sold him anything directly. AT sold the kit, made the money off him, I didn't, therefore he was their responsibility. I don't mind answering questions here and there, but when I get inundated with texts, calls, emails, etc. etc. etc. that AT should be answering, I'm gonna draw the line when that same person attempts to mess with my livelihood.
    I'm going to have a couple hours work responding to you, but what is your involvement and why was your response the way it was? Don't you import G-power? So how are you not involved? Seems from the e-mail you were.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by technik Click here to enlarge
    Apples and oranges. You were running Alex’s stage 3 kit (10-11psi), I was running GP’s SK2 kit at 7-8psi. You also put down about 30WHP more than me, yet our traps were pretty close. Either way, the car is getting GP’s SK2.5 upgrade for the Fontana run so that would be an even comparison if you wanted to run me there.
    This is not correct, he was running the Stage 1 with higher boost on race gas, that is all. He went to 9.5 psi for that I believe.

    Talking about Stages gets convoluted but Gintani refers to Stage 3 as a built motor.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    3.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is not correct, he was running the Stage 1 with higher boost on race gas, that is all. He went to 9.5 psi for that I believe.

    Talking about Stages gets convoluted but Gintani refers to Stage 3 as a built motor.
    Just saying what I thought Alex had told me. Either way, he was boosting roughly 10#, which isn't a fair comparison. Plus, I didn't bring a driver out to the ET event. My buddy ran the 1/4 and track heats, his times were average at best.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Since this is beginning to be a novel, I'm going to make a general response as I don't feel like editing, quoting, blah blah blah.

    Samir, the post you quoted from e46fanatics is not me bashing you, it is regarding the failed RMS turbo debacle. I believe you promised a turbo kit, correct? RMS was supposed to build it? The whole thing blew up and became a disaster and cancer, infecting basically everything it touched. That car left RMS and is now in good hands.

    You may not realize this, but I was a member on your forum since '02. You probably don't remember, but I contacted you many times as I had a 4 door E46 back in the day just like you. I really liked the body kit, the shaved moldings, and all the things done with it. Watching your development with the turbo S52 swap really got me thinking and I wanted something similar. Your technical knowledge was great and I learned a lot, however, you failed to get back to me on multiple occasions. I tried to give you my business Click here to enlarge Since you were searching on E46fanatics, you can see that back in '03 I was trying to get you to do a motor swap for me:

    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...2&postcount=26

    That is back in 2003, so how do I have a history of bashing you? I even helped you with your forum early on posting content and referring members, so if anything, I had a history of helping you. I can not tell you how depressing it is to see you have forgotten all of this.

    Once again, the thread was created due to the M3post, not due to you. You know exactly why as we discussed it in PM's. You can't get the truth there, everything gets deleted, blah blah blah, so we have the truth here. I understand if you don't want to voice what you said in public for fear of reprisal there but you should understand now that I was not going after you, it was posted due to their politics.

    If you and Josh are cool now, that is fine. I think he is still upset about the way he was treated and your response. If you look at it, is that how you should respond to someone? Someone who may be having a hard time with their car because whether it was you or G-power, took an early leap of faith and was burned? I never heard a single thing about Josh trying to get you cut off or this or that, I don't think I believe it as he truly is one of the nicest guys I have met.

    Regarding RPI, like I said, I was given your front section because I was told to my face you did not pay your bill. I ran your stock front section for a while. When I gave it back, I was still told you still had not paid your bill.

    You said you went wholesale... to others it appeared as you went AWOL and many people were left scratching their heads. One day, out of nowhere, this is the message that appeared:

    As of December 1st, RENNsport will be going 100% wholesale and will no longer service retail clientele. RENNsport has always strived to provide excellent service and prices, as well as introduce new and innovative products. Therefore, we would like to build on our strengths to expand our wholesale program and dealer network. We would like to thank our customers for their support over the years and hope to have met or exceeded your expectations. Our forums will continue to remain open to help answer any questions regarding products, technical information, etc.

    Look for exciting new products from Technik, GruppeM, ASA, and Infinitas in 2005!
    You just flat out left. People were left hanging. Maybe that was not your intention, but that is what happened and how it appeared. You have to admit there are plenty of examples on E46fanatics of people upset... this is not some witch hunt.

    Now, you have good technical knowledge and I respect that. As a matter of fact, I intend to ask you about a couple SC graphs that make no sense to me. You offered to buy drinks and just discuss things locally so I'm cool with someone offering to do that.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by technik Click here to enlarge
    GP did instruct us to run high-octane gas if subjected to heavy loads. It was up to Jon/Josh to do follow this advice, just like it was up to Josh not to install a meth kit.
    How do I know that? Is that even true?

    If they were told to run high octane gas then why is G-power paying out of pocket for motors having issues on 91 octane? Why did they have no 91 octane tune? If it was in fact the users fault why is G-power paying? Why did G-power need a new tune? Samir, it is pretty clear you are trying to repair the image now as you are officially importing G-power.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Technik
    How does the Sevan/RMS situation have anything to do with G-Power's # of installed kits, you're grasping at straws now. The problem with Osh is everyone on the net makes him out to be the devil so any association with him is immediately lambasted. Has he done some shady shady things to people (me/Alex included)? Absolutely, not gonna deny that, but he has delivered on certain things in the past, which is why I felt he could handle this simple job.

    I gave Osh a trick pre-built tubular exhaust manifold (which I donated to Sev for free), all he had to do was complete the plumbing (cold/hot) and make the same exact turbo intake manifold he made for me previously on my own S54 (which was a great piece). In hindsight, that was obviously a mistake, which is why I went down there and got Sev’s car out + refund. Took four techs to pull me off Osh, but in the end, Sev was made whole and now Gintani has the project thanks to me, so again, where's the beef? Sev is happy and Alex now has a kit he can sell based on a sick manifold.
    I think this is key and should be mentioned. As I said, any association with Osh is cancer, would you trust him to do anything again? Osh's nephew is going around telling everyone that manifold was built by RMS....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •