Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

my first real review of the JB4

So Sal and I had to make a run to NJ tonight because of a botched DVD in Motion coding session for a 650i we did last Saturday. Because of the pressed time limit we were under, we really had to move it.

In about 20 miles of driving i consumed a little more than a 1/4 tank of gasClick here to enlarge...we left it on the autotune map and pretty much I drove like an $#@! the whole way there and back. 6MT 335xi with FBOs. The UUC short shift kit really helped keep the turbos on a boil, i would cruise at 4k rpm to get in between cars and dodge traffic...but i would feel a bit of a lag i guess you would say, shifting through the gate to 5th (and i can do it pretty effortlessly, not hamfisting it like a honda owner), but i have never felt this so called lag, before so maybe its normal?

I wish i would have logged it, but Sal was too busy $#@!ting his pants (not once but 4-5 times), autotune was running it around 13.2 psi for most of the night...and it was just dumb fast. Bumped into the governor at 130 quite a few times. I think the autotune map does need some smoothing work done to it, as when i am at light throttle, i mash it and shift around 6200, i can feel the 'oscillation' as it finds its boost target. This is pretty prevalent in the lower gears, high second and into 3rd, especially when im getting in and out of the gas a lot..dumping boost and then hitting the gas again results in a bit of a lurch.

I can replicate it during regular street driving so i think one of these nights i will go out and log it, see if Terry cant do something about it.

Other than that, this tune just makes you want to drive like an $#@! all the time. There is just so much power everywhere, 3 rd and 4th gear are just so much fun to really lay into.

I do have to give hats off to AR design, one for their downpipes and two for their oil cooler. Even though temps were around 45-50, my sedan could easily get the oil temps beyond 265 with spirited driving similar to tonight...and it had a factory cooler.

This car runs so cool under pressure, the needle never went higher than 230...not even a smidgen. We left it running in the lot for almost 30 mins while we tinkered with the 650, and oil temps actually dropped to around 180....my car would never do that!

All in all, great job guys Click here to enlarge..you have made my pocket 60 bucks lighter and, well whatever a pair of pants costs for Sal Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Other than that, this tune just makes you want to drive like an $#@! all the time. There is just so much power everywhere, 3 rd and 4th gear are just so much fun to really lay into.
    I think this summarizes it pretty well, lol

Whose 335 was it?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes! for all to witness, Matt owes me a brand new pair of pants after making me $#@! myself about 4-5 times!!!

Just sitting in the passenger seat of my own car I can feel how hard it pulls. The car just feels amazing and just like Matt said, its just constant power and makes you wanna drive spirtedly everywhere. Looking back, I do wish I took some logs. You can tell all of the mods are working together beautifully. Made its way to where it is slowly, and I dont regret a single thing.

The AR design oil cooler was definitely one of the best things I've done for this car. Especially since not having one at all, it is a huge improvement. And tonight just proved how well it works. And for those who do not know me, the rest of my mods are AR dp's, Vanguard exhaust, Helix fmic, UUC ssk, forge dv, dci, and of course the JB4.

I would definitely like to thank Terry for the awesome work, taking my logs and many emails, and always helping me out. And definitely a big thank you to Matt since without him I couldnt have gotten it to where its at. And its only about to get better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Always great to hear an honest review.

next up, the RB4 review.. after you do some more work to it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Always great to hear an honest review.

next up, the RB4 review.. after you do some more work to it Click here to enlarge
    I could only imagine how a fresh set of RB's would feel on this car.Click here to enlarge

one day though.....one day Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I get very excited when I read these reviews .. only 5 weeks or so until the roads dry out properly here and I can get a tune (probably JB4) running on my car. Just need to get the 12 month service out of the way next month, put on some summer tires .. and away I go. Click here to enlarge

Cheers
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh and Matt.....cant forget about these guys Click here to enlarge hahahahahahh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bwahahahaha!!

Oh btw Sticky can you change his name to SalG@Camber-Toe and make him vendor status? I been meaning to ask you that for a while.

I would like to try out the 666 Fab intake setup in his car, supposedly it makes all sorts of noise when the turbos spool up..its quite loud.

Right now AST4100s w/Swift Springs are on their way from HPA, and we will be looking into subframe bushings and M swaybars once the money comes around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Oh btw Sticky can you change his name to SalG@Camber-Toe and make him vendor status? I been meaning to ask you that for a while.
    Done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    666 fab intake? oh do tell..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I would like to try out the 666 Fab intake setup in his car, supposedly it makes all sorts of noise when the turbos spool up..its quite loud.

I'm very intrigue by this. Any pics or info??

The HPF intake for e46 looks great. They should do one similar for N54. It should not be that hard.

The factory intake is not great for FI. Cylinders 3 and 4 get the most air while 1 and 6 starve some. Also for people runing meth this will be an issue too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DreX Click here to enlarge
    I'm very intrigue by this. Any pics or info??
    +1, haven't seen any details on that intake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting review, what would you say the outside temps were? Also, with the autotune, what has it dyno'd at? (if you've dyno'd it)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car has never been dynoed, outside air temps were hovering in the 50 degree range, falling to the low 40s around 9:30 or so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Installed it a few hours ago, temps outside hovering around 70F but pretty humid (82%).

Anyways, took her out, after about 5mins on map 1, pulled a CEL. Restarted the car, went away, drove normally for about 5mins more, switched to map 5 (auto-tune) went WOT several times. Pretty strong, but again it was 2am and I was tired so I'll leave it for tomorrow. What I do LOVE is the on the fly settings via steering controls Click here to enlarge boost on fuel gauge ftw...

I'll route the USB under the dash tomorrow and see if I can log a few runs Click here to enlarge

Waiting for the FMIC in the mean time...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Installed it a few hours ago, temps outside hovering around 70F but pretty humid (82%).

Anyways, took her out, after about 5mins on map 1, pulled a CEL. Restarted the car, went away, drove normally for about 5mins more, switched to map 5 (auto-tune) went WOT several times. Pretty strong, but again it was 2am and I was tired so I'll leave it for tomorrow. What I do LOVE is the on the fly settings via steering controls Click here to enlarge boost on fuel gauge ftw...

I'll route the USB under the dash tomorrow and see if I can log a few runs Click here to enlarge

Waiting for the FMIC in the mean time...
    My girls car throws a cel from time to time. I need to scan it and see whats up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New in here,

bought 335iA e92 msport 2008 2 month ago and install JB4 and bms drop in
    few weeks ago.

Install prosess goes 100% and all works after install.
    After install first i put gauge hijack on and put on map 5.
    I'am so impressive in the first evening.

After few days i start to get misfires and CEL:s.
    This hapends two sequence (resetting between sequences changing to map 0),
    both sequence get various CELs, so i put the map 1 on.

And in my case its works no codes anymoore with map1, luckily !
    After driving 1000km i try map2.
    Map2 pull more than map1, while map1 is still strong.
    When pull map 2 get no codes none.
    I will still use the map1 in all day drivings..

For now what i can say, "i cant live" without JB4, it so awesome Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NextStep Click here to enlarge
    New in here,

few weeks ago.

For now what i can say, "i cant live" without JB4, it so awesome Click here to enlarge
    When was the last time you change the spark plugs? how many km's do you have on them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    New in here,

few weeks ago.

Use the built in check code functionality to see what the code is so you can fix the problem! It's a great feature. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Built in checker is great, really is. Terry - great job, I can't wait for the updates!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Use the built in check code functionality to see what the code is so you can fix the problem! It's a great feature. Click here to enlarge
    It is an awsome feature!!
    Saved my ass big time. Would have been first in line for a new DME so this feature saved me a lot of money!
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When was the last time you change the spark plugs? how many km's do you have on them?
    Just check 20000km

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just check 20000km
    Could be injectors. I had my car only a few weeks before injectors went bad. It had 30k miles on it at the time. Use the read dme code function in the jb4 to determine what it is.
    2008 BSM 335i coupe - JB4, BMS intake, meth : Weekend warrior.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FML, I was logging some runs and put my laptop to sleep after the runs so they would be up when I got home and resumed it. Once I resumed it, I was about to export it and it crashed. Loss of all the logging.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by indy99gpgt Click here to enlarge
    Could be injectors. I had my car only a few weeks before injectors went bad. It had 30k miles on it at the time. Use the read dme code function in the jb4 to determine what it is.
    Yes, i have done that. There have been multiple misfires and few other codes. Possible failures are coil, plug or injector.
    But now i havent get any codes when using map 1 and also when try map 2 no codes. Now i will wait and drive with those
    maps, when misfires start with map 1-2 also i start inspect. Just now i have a car pc project where i try to assembly touch
    screen to the dash and pc unit integrated in to the car so that i can log when ever i want.