Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    The compression stroke window is 180 degrees wide. If you think offsetting to the tune of 2-4 degrees is going to have an appreciable effect on knock control effectiveness, VANOS mapping or injection timing, that's you're call. But at least be educated.

Shiv
    I find this post rather amusing as I have been told the window is typically 60 degrees... interesting.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I find this post rather amusing as I have been told the window is typically 60 degrees... interesting.
    I'm just curious, who told you this? Was it Terry?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I'm just curious, who told you this? Was it Terry?
    Nope, not Terry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Uh, doesn't that just basically confirm it can't handle VANOS and that was just spin nobody caught at the time but now is incredibly obvious? I thought he was better than this.
    It definitely contradicts his recent statement that there is no effect at all. Previously he stated there was an effect and it was intended. He does stuff like this all the time. Including his famous "turning bugs in to features" marketing pitches. But his customers mostly give him a free pass on this kind of stuff as they just want their cars to go faster and he generally obliges.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think you're talking about different things. Each stroke is 180 degrees (go Otto) but the fuel injection window is much smaller and precisely controlled. They say up to 3 discrete injection points at lower RPM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think you're talking about different things. Each stroke is 180 degrees (go Otto) but the fuel injection window is much smaller and precisely controlled. They say up to 3 discrete injection points at lower RPM.
    Yes, this needed clarification and I think people understand the adjustment window is not 180 degrees like the stroke is now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow, nice work! Didn't realize anyone called him on this long ago. Nice job and good to see someone who understood what was taking place that early on. Seriously, much respect!

Shiv's response is rather clueless as he says his big "retard" doesn't come in until higher rpm yet that retard advances the cams, how does he miss that? LOL is right, and what the hell is he talking about adjusting VANOS? He doesn't have the capability with his hardware to do so:
    Lol. Thanks. My background (long since abandoned for office cubicle) was Ford V8s, mostly 5.0 stangs from back in the 90s. I ported heads/intakes/anything, put together engines with full custom cams and did some interesting stuff. Simple EFI without VVT, etc so it was easy to see what the engine alone would do when making mechanical adjustments compared to a modern engine + DME like the N54 today. I helped put some of those cars in the 9s and one in the 8s back then, so I really chuckle when Shiv starts giving engine lectures.

Shiv's "It's not a failure, it's a feature the other guys don't have...next question" spin is legendary and I'm glad Bimmerboost and others have the balls to call it like it is. I had to stop visiting E90post like many others. The BS just became too much.

Keep holding his feet to the fire. It's both educational and entertaining!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    pin is legendary and I'm glad Bimmerboost and others have the balls to call it like it is. I had to stop visiting E90post like many others. The BS just became too much.
    I understand how you feel all too well, I can't even read it without wanting to throw things at my monitor.

Keep holding his feet to the fire. It's both educational and entertaining!
    Count on it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv's "It's not a failure, it's a feature the other guys don't have...next question" spin is legendary and I'm glad Bimmerboost and others have the balls to call it like it is. I had to stop visiting E90post like many others. The BS just became too much. Keep holding his feet to the fire. It's both educational and entertaining!
    thats funny. Im glad some people see through it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The unfortunate thing is that the truth is always lost and you can't get the right information to make a decision. Yeah yeah, you can read this and other forums, but its all spin. I run PROcede when I'm not deployed and haven't had a problem with it. This bickering just clouds the issue and doesn't allow you to get the real information required.

As a wise CSM reminded me one day, there are three sides to every story: His, Yours and the truth is somewhere in between.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacksonhandy Click here to enlarge
    The unfortunate thing is that the truth is always lost and you can't get the right information to make a decision. Yeah yeah, you can read this and other forums, but its all spin. I run PROcede when I'm not deployed and haven't had a problem with it. This bickering just clouds the issue and doesn't allow you to get the real information required.

As a wise CSM reminded me one day, there are three sides to every story: His, Yours and the truth is somewhere in between.
    Very true, but the point is here you can actually get all three sides...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacksonhandy Click here to enlarge

Oh, and thank you for your service.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678