Click here to enlarge

All ducting installed
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

We had to remove the driver side fan shroud as it cannot be installed along with the Intake snorkel and flap housing
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Some Water wetter and OEM BMW coolant and distilled water going in to the cooling system as it was flushed out in preparation for the summer heat Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

The real CSL ESS SCed on the right and my car on the left Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Just waiting on the SW from SAL @ EVOLVE now. I still have to install the SS resonated X-Pipe and do the radiator flushing and also ordered new O2 sensors for the headers as one of mine is faulty.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The CSL intake is the hottest thing one can put in an S54 engine bay, I love it.

Looking forward to seeing what Sal can do with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The CSL intake is the hottest thing one can put in an S54 engine bay, I love it.

Looking forward to seeing what Sal can do with it.
    Yeah I completely agree. Sal's owrking the software so he should be sending an email over soon Click here to enlarge we will be tuning the car a few times for HOT weather and cool weather Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I completely agree. Sal's owrking the software so he should be sending an email over soon Click here to enlarge we will be tuning the car a few times for HOT weather and cool weather Click here to enlarge
    You have baselines I hope?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have baselines I hope?
    287 or 286 Whp in January. Car just had an intake and 91 us fuel
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    287 or 286 Whp in January. Car just had an intake and 91 us fuel
    That's good, we will be able to see the difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah will just need to make sure the fuel is good
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Intake installed and tuned by Sal@Evolve! The car feels awesome! I also replaced my oem euro headers with AP ones and my God the sound is gorgeous! WOW! The car just pulls and pulls. Sal will be doing a dyno custom map for me soon. Thank you Sal and everyone here too for the guide! BRILLIANT your gona love the tune and the airbox! I hope i can get some nice cams next! I'm addicted to NA power now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    beautiful intake, post dyno numbers when done!!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Intake installed and tuned by Sal@Evolve! The car feels awesome! I also replaced my oem euro headers with AP ones and my God the sound is gorgeous! WOW! The car just pulls and pulls. Sal will be doing a dyno custom map for me soon. Thank you Sal and everyone here too for the guide! BRILLIANT your gona love the tune and the airbox! I hope i can get some nice cams next! I'm addicted to NA power now.
    When is the dyno tune taking place? And this is a remote dyno tune? How is that working?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    beautiful intake, post dyno numbers when done!!
    When is the dyno tune taking place? And this is a remote dyno tune? How is that working?
    The Dyno tune will take place as soon as I can schedule a time with the dyno operator. The temps here are already up to 44c!!!! I will give remote access to my laptop to SAL and he will instruct the dyno operator or myself on how he wants the dyno runs done. Shoud be interesting to see Click here to enlarge First he wants me to drive the car a few days so im gona do that as soon as the car is done with other little things tomorrow.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will give remote access to my laptop to SAL and he will instruct the dyno operator or myself on how he wants the dyno runs done. Shoud be interesting to see
    That is pretty cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ...nice install, but I wouldn't waste money on the cams or full system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UK M3 Click here to enlarge
    ...nice install, but I wouldn't waste money on the cams or full system.
    Thank Brother, Well I am going to consult SAL on it and we will see what he says. I don't think I'll go for cams that soon but u never know.

Reset my cars knock adaptation values to ZERO and drove it hard like SAL @ EVOLVE instructed! WOW the car drives so good and smooth and the sound is amazing! it just turns heads every where i go!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Cool, just thinking out loud from experience as my car was running oem CSL airbox, Schrick 280/288 cams and Supersprint full straight system with the stepped manifolds, de-cat and Milltek rear box.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool, just thinking out loud from experience as my car was running oem CSL airbox, Schrick 280/288 cams and Supersprint full straight system with the stepped manifolds, de-cat and Milltek rear box.
    Didn't like the cams?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Loved the the cams when they came on song, but the cost of them versus the the gain is pointless, unless tracking. Could you honestly say that you could feel the extra 10 horses plus you also compromise smoothness/driveability?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Loved the the cams when they came on song, but the cost of them versus the the gain is pointless, unless tracking. Could you honestly say that you could feel the extra 10 horses plus you also compromise smoothness/driveability?
    Interesting, is the 280/288 the stock CSL cam?

Some guys just like to extract every last horse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, these are higher lift cams, very aggressive for road car.

I know what you mean about some of the guys like to extract as much as possible, I'm one of them!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, these are higher lift cams, very aggressive for road car.
    I see, that is why. The CSL cams may be a nice middle ground although I have no experience with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sure, but I would spend the money on loom and ecu, if you have an early M.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good points there. I would only go for cams if i got a good price for them. one of my best friends has a set for sale and They are such a bargain that its making me think of buying them! So we will see. If i don't buy these I'll be waiting for a bargain to come around on CSL cams Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

awesome mate!!!

told you you were going to love it!!!!

sal is really good in his work.....

do the cams!!!
    288/280( these are not the csl number guys!!! ) with stock lift and you will be very very satisfied!!!

no drive ability issues on mine even with the 12,5 compression....it all comes down to the ecu tunning in the end....Click here to enlarge

Keep it up!!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nick///M3 Click here to enlarge
    awesome mate!!!

told you you were going to love it!!!!

sal is really good in his work.....

do the cams!!!
    288/280( these are not the csl number guys!!! ) with stock lift and you will be very very satisfied!!!

no drive ability issues on mine even with the 12,5 compression....it all comes down to the ecu tunning in the end....Click here to enlarge

Keep it up!!Click here to enlarge
    Hey Nick! Thanks Bro. Yes I am really thinking of the cams but the weather is getting really hot here right now. Its already up to 46c and it is messing up the motivation to buy and install cams LOL! I might buy them and keep them with me, my friend is selling the exact same ones you mention and they are super clean but used. Sal can make them work like a charm in sure and you are right its all in the tuning Click here to enlarge Cheers.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any dynos of the Evolve tuning?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast