Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, we got half only if a customer came in with a deposit slip for the price you agreed upon. If they had no slip, then you had to have quoted them the lowest possible price in an effort to get the sale on the spot, and if you didn't and the customer comes in quoting anything but the lowest price for the item, you get nothing.

We used to go so far as to keep dollar bills on hand and say, "just gimme a dollar deposit to hold the price, i'll even give you the dollar".

So whatcha selling now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by susan28 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, we got half only if a customer came in with a deposit slip for the price you agreed upon. If they had no slip, then you had to have quoted them the lowest possible price in an effort to get the sale on the spot, and if you didn't and the customer comes in quoting anything but the lowest price for the item, you get nothing.

We used to go so far as to keep dollar bills on hand and say, "just gimme a dollar deposit to hold the price, i'll even give you the dollar".

So whatcha selling now?
    HAHAHAH that is awesome! Right now I sell used vehicles of all makes, from Diesel trucks to VW GTI 4d.(which just came in, hot!) But I will not be working here for much longer! I found a job auto show coordinating for major clients such as Volvo, Hyundai, Cadillac, ect. The company is called Professional Detailers Inc.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    HAHAHAH that is awesome! Right now I sell used vehicles of all makes, from Diesel trucks to VW GTI 4d.(which just came in, hot!) But I will not be working here for much longer! I found a job auto show coordinating for major clients such as Volvo, Hyundai, Cadillac, ect. The company is called Professional Detailers Inc.
    Hey congrats! Sounds much more up your alley..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hate China. I hate their Chinese crap. I hate their cheap way to make things. I hate their cheap way to export to their cheap made things. I hate their way to find clients for their cheap made stuff.
    I hate their way of finding clients. I hate when are 1 step ahead of me. I hate when people sign contract with Chinese but not their local corporations.

Bottom line is, Chinese industries must die forever. this is the result when you let a Communist country free.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The former manufacturing bases will only be avenged upon China when the rest of the world is too broke to patronise them.

The various local corporate deserters are also selling their own futures as part of the deal with the subsidies and whatnot is that China copies their technology and will eventually boot them the way they booted their respective middle classes in favour of "developing" (ie: early in the Ponzi scheme) economies.

Added: Somewhere along the line, though, the tastes of the people of the world got mean and banal, more price-oriented, for the market to favour this. The "schooling" maybe?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678