Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Coolingmist CMPRO Tank

Since I do have a deal with Coolingmist I am going to make sure they get their moneys worth, here are the details on the tank:

Just want to make sure there are no mis-conceptions about the new tank we designed. The biggest mis-conception I seem to see is that alot of you think this tank is huge.

You can see from the pic its under 13 inches tall and its about 9.5 maybe 10 inches wide at the tank. 11 inches at the base.

Click here to enlarge

Here is a comparison showing it with the standard tank. The standard tank sitting in this position is 11 inches tall!

Click here to enlarge

In this one the standard tank on the right is 8 inches tall. You can see the new tank is taller
    but the new tank does not go back nearly as far. This is one of the reasons there are no fuel
    starvation issues and no baffles are needed as well as the fact that the new one gravity feeds
    the pump.

Click here to enlarge

This tank is very compact.

]Ok, this is the 1 gallon tank in comparison.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

also, its important to note the PUMP installs inside the tank as well.

Click here to enlarge

If you get the VC2 version the VC2 controller integrates into the tank and all wires are hidden inside. No other tank on the market can say that.

You can get the tank in RED or BLACK.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome tank! Any plans of a extensive DIY?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cooling mist is good but has nothing on Aquamist!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in my opinion the best three choices in the market are as follows in particular order: 1.) aquamist 2.) cooling mist 3.) fjo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gbreee90 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome tank! Any plans of a extensive DIY?
    You will have to ask coolingmist.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am currently debating between aquamist and coolingmist.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Pick the kit you like best Gbreee90, but I have a few facts for you Click here to enlarge

1) Our kit will get you the same HP as the Aquamist will.
    2) Our kit is made in the USA. That does not matter to everyone but we do not send our controllers or electronics to China. Made right here in the USA along with our pumps/tanks and other major parts. Our fittings are made in Italy, though.
    3) You need tech support you will get ahold of us 7 days a week via forum, phone, email OR instant message.
    4) The quality of our kit is 2nd to none. I dont doubt the Aquamist kit is high quality, however there is nothing about that kit that is higher quality.
    5) Our tank speaks for itself.
    6) You can find 100's of forum members running a coolingmist kit. You may find a handful running the Aquamist kit.
    7) we design our own electronics and tanks in house and write our own software.
    8) We provide a complete kit with a tank.
    9) Coolingmist is the ONLY methanol specific company that has a N54 based project vehicle
    10) our upcoming failsafe is far more comprehensive than the Aquamist failsafe.
    11) see the above.

Anyway you get the idea. Im frankly happy for you regardless of what you choose. If you have questions about our product just ask away and someone will answer them.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    Pick the kit you like best Gbreee90, but I have a few facts for you Click here to enlarge

2) Our kit is made in the USA. That does not matter to everyone but we do not send our controllers or electronics to China. Made right here in the USA along with our pumps/tanks and other major parts. Our fittings are made in Italy, though.
    3) You need tech support you will get ahold of us 7 days a week via forum, phone, email OR instant message.
    4) The quality of our kit is 2nd to none. I dont doubt the Aquamist kit is high quality, however there is nothing about that kit that is higher quality.
    6) You can find 100's of forum members running a coolingmist kit. You may find a handful running the Aquamist kit.
    9) Coolingmist is the ONLY methanol specific company that has a N54 based project vehicle
    11) see the above.

Anyway you get the idea. Im frankly happy for you regardless of what you choose. If you have questions about our product just ask away and someone will answer them.

CM

You have been very helpful with all of your posts. I also like the fact that you are on the forums if I ever need any help. I am going to purchase the CM kit for sure right when the new failsafe comes out. Plus, the CM kit is cheaper, there are no downsides to it at all. Also, I really like the fact that this new tank is gravity fed. There are tanks for the aquamist kit that look as good or mount as well as the CM tank. One question, do you suggest a check valve or solenoid?
    Last edited by Forcefed; 03-09-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The checkvalve is simple so for that we recommend it. We carry both in stock, so really its a matter of preference.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The checkvalve is simple so for that we recommend it. We carry both in stock, so really its a matter of preference.

CM
    Okay, thats what I was leaning towards. I cant wait to buy this kit!

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fixed it for you...

Pick the kit you like best Gbreee90, but I have my biased opinions for you Click here to enlarge

11) see the above.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jason Click here to enlarge
    Fixed it for you...
    GEE...I am Bias? Thanks for stating the obvious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GEE...I am Bias? Thanks for stating the obvious.

Just saying that you may not have used the correct wording...

fact

   /fækt/ Click here to enlarge Show Spelled[fakt] Click here to enlarge Show IPA
    –noun 1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.

2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.

4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.

5. Law . Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nothing better to do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nothing better to do?
    Not currently...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    back on topic.

If anyone has any questions about our tank system or system in general let us know.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here are some features of the CMGS. The center display for the N54 is typically red instead of blue

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here are some features of the CMGS. The center display for the N54 is typically red instead of blue

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../cmgsmap-1.jpg
    I like that gauge, I am going to get an ati gauge pod to diplay this and the AEM boost gauge.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    now if you will look at my post i think you guys are a good company i rate you 2nd out of all the methanol injection kit makers in the world, but to say that the cooling mist has more support, then aquamist just becuase you are here is laughable i have spoken to the maker (engineer of aquamist on his dime overseas no less then 10 times when i had a question) they also have a forum and he gives out his personal number! Also to say that you have more fail safes then the hfs-6 is also laughable the aquamist kit has every failsafe that tuners want and more name one failsafe that coolingmist has that aquamist doesn't?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    now if you were comparing the cooling mist to the hfs-3 then i would agree but that is not apples to apples as that is a scaled down version with way less failsafes!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Again i am not here to fling dirt at you as i said i think the coolingmist kit is one of the best options, i just cant sit back and allow you to give out false information. Wether it be ignorance or just bias.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacobs323i Click here to enlarge
    now if you will look at my post i think you guys are a good company i rate you 2nd out of all the methanol injection kit makers in the world, but to say that the cooling mist has more support, then aquamist just becuase you are here is laughable i have spoken to the maker (engineer of aquamist on his dime overseas no less then 10 times when i had a question) they also have a forum and he gives out his personal number! Also to say that you have more fail safes then the hfs-6 is also laughable the aquamist kit has every failsafe that tuners want and more name one failsafe that coolingmist has that aquamist doesn't?
    You kids are so touchy. The failsafe that Aquamist uses is very similar to the one we have now. There is zero advantage or disadvantage to ours vs theres. It takes a high and low set point and you can program to do what you want. Our upcoming failsafe is far superior, once it released you can judge.

Next, I made no comments about Aquamists support. Those 11 points I made were about MY company, not bashing any other company.

I am happy for you to like any system you want, but I stand by what I said, like it or not.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My information is fact. If you want to attempt to disprove what I said, please tell me what I said was wrong. Here are my 11 points. Again, dont just say "this is wrong". Tell me why its wrong and what proof you have as to why.

11) see the above.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    sure you posted that your new failsafes are far more comprehensive then aquamist i dont agree! You obviously do so why don't you enlighten me. Explain to all of us why yours are better. Also you were insinuating that by being here in the states you have better tech support then other companies (aquamist) And also i am 30 years old i am not a kid, lol but the way you are acting so butthurt that everyone on this forum wont just bow to your words as fact shows your maturity!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You runnin Aquamist in your 323? just currious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast