Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's not necessarily filled with hate, it's filled with idiots.

Some guy actually told you to race a modified E36 M3 and then he would be impressed? As if impressing him was the goal? He should appreciate you showed a real world comparison, the video wasn't about beating anyone but showing the effect of your mods and an E36 M3 makes a good comparison.

I can't believe they don't get it.

Yup that's true. They think I'm trying to make a statement about M3s even though I said repeatedly the M3 is obviously the better performance car. (i've had one, I should know!)
    '02 330i 5-speed, tuned by OE Tuning

My Website: http://www.lacityphoto.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 3Fest Click here to enlarge
    I don't have any experience with driving fast cars, but I would think that shorter gearing is always welcomed in the acceleration department. Passing is even effortless on my slow 330.. I could only imagine an M3! I went from 2.93 to 3.38. YMMV when passing in 6th though so I am not too sure how that would feel..
    With your powerband I'm not really sure but in my experience shorter gears hurt up top. It may be that these match your car really well.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Question regarding the rear gear change in the DCT - do you need to somehow "tell" the DCT logic box/ecu that you have a new ratio so it "knows" when it can safely downshift? For example [made up], in your case you would might now be able to go from 3rd to 2nd at 50, whereas before the logic would prevent the shift because you would be at too high of a speed to do so. I am assuming you need to reflash something to compensate for this, is that correct?
    No, on previous cars like the SMG it would shift based on MPH which was pretty stupid. The DCT does it based on RPM. There was no need for a reflash.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Reason I ask is because I have been thinking of putting a 3.91 on my SMG M3 (e46), as I would like to be able to pass while crusing without a downshift. I have heard this is the cure - and I can see how that would work out. Also, down the line - I will be looking to get an AA supercharger (lowest level)... Does the diff swap make sense if I am going FI or would it be a traction nightmare based on your (or anyone else's) experiences?
    You will need a reflash for your E46 M3 to get it to work right in the auto modes. Do not get a shorter diff, traction nightmare. I'm probably going to go longer.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im surprised by the results. Please OP don't take this the wrong way. But, it sounds like the e36 m3 driver was shifting slow and/or slightly touching the rev-limiter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 Click here to enlarge
    Im surprised by the results. Please OP don't take this the wrong way. But, it sounds like the e36 m3 driver was shifting slow and/or slightly touching the rev-limiter.
    Yes I agree I was taken back by the results as well. I think without the diff, and a better driver the outcome would have been alittle different.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12