Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question Active Autowerke E9X 335 Signature Exhaust and PAW Motor ECU

I already gone thru the suspension on all 4 corners and H&R Sway bars, now to performance.
    Has anyone out there with the new N55 E90 had any experience with the Active Autowerke E9X 335 Signature Exhaust or PAW Motor-sport ECU. I've ordered the yet to be released aFe intake and scoops, but looking for info on the exhaust, ECU Flash and possibly an Intercooler?

2011 335i M-Sport, Manual, Bilstein Adjustable damp and height and H&R Sway, aFe intake scoops.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As I posted in the other thread we have a member who is getting the N55 tune from PAW. He is going to post his impressions and dynos of the tune. There are several people who are running this tune successfully already.

I have not tried/heard the Active Autowerke exhaust but what are you looking to spend?

EAS carries the Berk N55 exhaust.

Regarding FMIC options, I believe Helix has one.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Right now the options are as follows.

Exhaust: all E9x versions will fit.
    Intake: injen just came out with one, as well as AFE.
    Downpipe: AR design, iCarbon, and Vishnu Performance. Only the AR Design one and the Vishnu one utilize a bigger ID flange for the turbo, iCarbon uses a stock sized flange which is a bottleneck.
    Intercooler: Helix...other may fit but no one has tested yet.

Suspension: everything from the E9x chassis will bolt up..

Hopefully that helps. Our car was used for R&D by Helix and AR design for their parts, so we got the best parts around to start with. AMS exhaust will follow shortly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Exhaust: all E9x versions will fit
    Not sure what you mean exactly here, N54 exhausts will fit the N55?

Seems the Helix IC is the way to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you mean exactly here, N54 exhausts will fit the N55?

Seems the Helix IC is the way to go.
    Yep. The flange on the DPs mates up to a stock n54 exhaust. So xi exhausts will fit xi models, and i models will fit i models.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really want to stay in the 2K area for the exhaust. At 2K which adds the most for the money? New to Forum, What is FMIC?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

You can get a Vanguard setup for around 12-1300. They sound really good. AE, HPF, RD Sport, AMS will run you in the 2k range. They all add around the same hp.

There are a few others,.britalman or cpe will fit as well...dont know the prices on them.

FMIC is a front mount intercooler.. it replaces the stock puny plastic one with a huge nice aluminum one. Helix and AMS make prolly the best intercoolers on the market..i can supply you a Helix if you want as I sell for them, along with AR design.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    AR does not have a FMIC for the N55 right? So pretty much we are limited to Helix which is a quality option right? Helix inquired about being a vendor recently, just want to make sure I know as much as I can about them as well as your impression of them Matt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys - Low budget - I am 53 and Retired/Disabled. SSDI & LTD don't pay as well as Systems Analyst / Consultant for Blue Cross Blue Shield. Just an FYI use your legs not your back and Don't get 2 Dual level Spinal Fusion surgeries w/ 14 pieces of titanium. It's Pain Pill Time for me.

Thanks for all your help I appreciate it. It's good to get feed back to the new guy on the block.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N55Bimmer335i Click here to enlarge
    Thanks guys - Low budget - I am 53 and Retired/Disabled. SSDI & LTD don't pay as well as Systems Analyst / Consultant for Blue Cross Blue Shield. Just an FYI use your legs not your back and Don't get 2 Dual level Spinal Fusion surgeries w/ 14 pieces of titanium. It's Pain Pill Time for me.

Thanks for all your help I appreciate it. It's good to get feed back to the new guy on the block.
    No problem. You came to the right place. Some other forums around here would treat you like crap and tell you all sorts of rude things. I took a jump start on the N55 after realizing how long it took the N54 kids to get to where they are.

Sticky, Helix is good people. Sure their FMIC kits are prolly the most expensive ones out but there is a group buy goin on with them right now. I met them back in 2007 when I had my 335, made a road trip to Philly with some friends to check the place out. Ive been meaning to get down there and check out their new location.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, Helix is good people. Sure their FMIC kits are prolly the most expensive ones out but there is a group buy goin on with them right now. I met them back in 2007 when I had my 335, made a road trip to Philly with some friends to check the place out. Ive been meaning to get down there and check out their new location.
    This is what I wanted to know, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Matt @ camber and tow,

By the way - good name - same as mine.
    I looked at the AMS exhaust on-line - it goes from the 2 downpipes to one pipe and bolts to the DP's But it appears that the connection points look like they are welded and not bolted together. Is what I am seeing on these images correct? With only one pipe, it would be lighter, but is it more restrictive than duals?

Matthew
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

You can also try contacting ETS (extreme turbo systems) for the IC. Their 5" is very good for the money. Michael from ETS could probably build you one for the n55.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N55Bimmer335i Click here to enlarge
    Matt @ camber and tow,

By the way - good name - same as mine.
    I looked at the AMS exhaust on-line - it goes from the 2 downpipes to one pipe and bolts to the DP's But it appears that the connection points look like they are welded and not bolted together. Is what I am seeing on these images correct? With only one pipe, it would be lighter, but is it more restrictive than duals?

Matthew
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Click here to enlarge
    I am running the AMS exhaust on an N54, but it's very similar. The exhaust bolts up directly to the stock (or aftermarket) dp's, but for the rest of the system it's v-band clamps. It's a really greats system for strength, ease of adjustment, and simplicity of install. It's also great at preventing exhaust leaks.
    On the restriction side of things AMS does high hp settups on all kinds of cars and here's what Eric said.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric@AMS
    Thanks for your input guys. Let me address a few of the questions in here.

1. a full 3" pipe can support over 800whp....We do it here all day long.
    Without thread jacking here's my AMS exhaust thread with more info, pics, and videos. Good luck and it's hard to go wrong if you choose a stand by option.
    Click here to enlarge