Close

Thread: Bro Power

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Bro Power

I know I know...Cheesy title Click here to enlarge his unsername is "Brosef"

It's still cold in the Midwest but Chicago's dedicated enthusiasts are already gearing up for this summer's track season, and our client Michael is no different. Michael (Brosef on this forum) came to us hoping to have a more thrilling experience at the track this season, so we added Brembo's 380 GT kit, HRE P40s wheels, and an ESS VT2 kit to the car.

Unfortunately we were not able to take exterior photos of the car due to our bad weather, but we did manage some engine bay shots of the freshly painted ESS intake manifold. Look for exterior photos soon!

ESS VT2-575
    iND painted manifold
    Challenge Sport X-pipe with HFC's
    Eisenmann Race performance 4x83mm LeMans tips
    19" HRE P40S
    Brembo 380MM kit
    KW V3's

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

OOOhhhh.. i love white on white! (not a fan of yellow, but thats a personal choice) car looks sick though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

The white on white works, and it works well.

Not sure about the yellow stripe but it does tie in to the calipers.

Nicely done.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

wow

that car is beautiful

nicely done gentlemen!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this deserves my 1000th post looks sick!!!
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

IND does it again with damn nice pictures.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

great looking car and manifold. nice color choices and pictures
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

another awesome project from IND, matches all around
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks guys! The owner of this AW beast just posted a full review of the new ESS kit.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brosef Click here to enlarge
    Although much has been said about the ESS kits, I wanted to post my own impressions after a few hundred miles and hopefully cover some things that haven’t been discussed in previous reviews.
    Quality: Enough has been said about how clean the install is, but I’ll reaffirm that the quality of the kit and its design are fantastic. You can tell that a lot of hard work went into engineering something simple and the install really looks factory with the exception of the painted manifold (which, by the way, I would highly recommend to anyone considering the kit – it’s nice to have the creative license to make the engine bay your own and IND’s paintwork is outstanding).

Drive-ability: It amazes me that with the amount of power this kit makes, it still drives just like stock when you’re putting around town, backing in and out of parking spaces, etc. Furthermore, although most of the real excitement lies within the second half of the RPM range, there’s absolutely no mistaking the additional power at lower RPMs. One of the more pleasant surprises of adding the S/C was the extra torque available at highway speeds; it’s enough of a difference to make pacing through traffic much more pleasurable.

Power: It’s tough to explain what the acceleration really feels like, but it’s somewhere between absurdity and insanity. When I picked up the car, after quickly showing me the engine bay, Ilia and I hopped in to go for a spin. The first thing he said was, “watch out for second gear – it’ll bite ya.” Sure enough, with the first opportunity I had, I hit it in second and couldn’t help but say “holy $#@!!” as the tires broke loose at 6k RPM and continued to spin into third. The newfound thrust is simply exhilarating. ESS estimates that the 575 makes ~41% more power on 93 octane, but if you told me it doubled the power on the right side of the tach I wouldn’t call you a liar. It feels like a much bigger rush than I had anticipated. One of the reviews I read previously put it well by saying it feels like the car lost 1,000 lbs. It’s also nice to know that it’s an easy upgrade to the 600 or 625, but at this point I can’t foresee myself wanting more power (I won’t say ‘never’ though). If I’m honest, it’s a little intimidating strapping into the driver’s seat knowing there’s a real chance you may end up in jail. The power is awesome, but it demands respect. (disclaimer: I don’t break speed limits nor condone it)
    Big thanks to all the guys at IND for pulling everything together flawlessly. The feeling of comfort you get leaving your car with them is irreplaceable. They provide true white glove service and treat each car just as they would treat their own. Nate - forgive me for jacking your IP, but I figured I'd post the obligatory picture and whoever takes these pictures for you guys is incredible.

Thanks for reading.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

^ Thanks for posting the review, I'm glad to see he really likes it.

I'm a bit surprised he really likes the low end aspects of it but hey, if he is enjoying it that is all that matters.

He's definitely right that the fun is in the top half and yes, the acceleration up top is insane.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale