Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Negative Effects W/ Oil Catch Can ??

Been some reports of OCC causing negative effects. Lets shed some light on the issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have the same RR OCC as being talked about.. i have/had no issues, but i did recheck everything today just to be sure, and sure enough, all was good. Thats all the info I can shed on it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No problems unless you dont install it right and that usually leads to a vacuum leak

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I smell a cover-up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've read about OCC's, but I don't quite know what it does exactly, I know it's like a filter, but what exactly does it do and how does it work? Any links to any good ones for the e60?
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would like to know more about this too. I bought a BSH OCC a couple of days ago, I still haven't gotten it installed though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    I would like to know more about this too. I bought a BSH OCC a couple of days ago, I still haven't gotten it installed though.
    dude, thats a horribble OCC, you need to sell it quick.. ill do you a favor and even pay your $50 for it RIGHT NOW!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There's like 2 catch cans I know out there that actually work right the rest don't catch anything, and even the air/oil seperator $$$ like crawford can gum up and cause huge issues. THE REST ARE JUNK.

I deal with these POS cans creating massive vacuum leaks all the time, mostly on MAF based cars. I tell everyone to take them the hell off. Use seafoam - run good gas. Don't unnecessarily tap it into the PCV system. I sometimes make bets with people when I perform a boost leak test - i point to it and say watch this.........5 psi.......PSSSSSSSSH!

LM, in his immense years of armchair tuning and physical tuning diagnostic work, knows more then us however. TIN FOIL HAT!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    LM, in his immense years of armchair tuning and physical tuning diagnostic work, knows more then us however. TIN FOIL HAT!
    new to turbo's , but not S/C. please speak of what you know, and not what you assume. yet another real fanboi derailing again.. please oh godly of gods, whats wrong with a working OCC? what makes one a bad design? how are the ones on the N54 bad esigns, what would be a good design. whats the 2 brands you like and why? details.. this is a details oriented game right..

please in detail explain so you can show your superiority on knowledge of the subject and not throw random thoughts out there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    dude, thats a horribble OCC, you need to sell it quick.. ill do you a favor and even pay your $50 for it RIGHT NOW!
    Man are you serious? lol or are you just $#@!3n with me? Cus then I'll try to return this sh1t then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im $#@!in with ya, you got the good stuff, install properly and enjoy the fact your now helping to keep your motor cleaner and running better Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    Haha, thanks, I got it now...

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im $#@!in with ya, you got the good stuff, install properly and enjoy the fact your now helping to keep your motor cleaner and running better Click here to enlarge
    LOL Thanks bro. Keep killing bodies........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just want to know how is it going to cause a vacuum leak in the n54?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it's clogged or not properly venting crankcase vapor you'll definitely have some negative side effects. Typically burning oil is the most visible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    If it's clogged or not properly venting crankcase vapor you'll definitely have some negative side effects. Typically burning oil is the most visible.
    That I can understand but a vacuum leak?, I just don't see it... My OCC doesn't recirculate, I put a breather on the return line instead, so I wouldn't get oil blow back to rear turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jaza45 Click here to enlarge
    That I can understand but a vacuum leak?, I just don't see it... My OCC doesn't recirculate, I put a breather on the return line instead, so I wouldn't get oil blow back to rear turbo.
    Bmws run on a closed system...a lot of the older MAF equipped units will run crappy with the slightest leak..bad valve cover gasket, broken o-ring on the Dipstick tube, even a bad seal on your oil cap.

The N54s are a little more tolerant of this, but as mentioned elsewhere if the lines are too small, kinked or clogged it will cause an increase in pressure in the crankcase...which usually results in oil pushing past the rings and being burned off.

Dans E93 suffered from a bad PCV....it was dumping oil into the rear turbo like no tomorrow...we were supposed to get an occ on to keep the air tract clean of residue, but that was not to be.

Sal@Camber-Toe runs a BSH, and it works as designed...the Intercooler has no oil in it at all...the can actually traps oil instead of leaking it all over the place..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I smell a cover-up?
    Idk on the s4 how you install it is very important. I had a vacuum leak from it because of a loose fitting. Im not talking out of my ass. btw

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have the riss racing one and its mounted by the charge pipe, good location? i figured over the turbos would be to hot therefore negating the benefits.... Thoughts and opinions???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, so which would be the best OCC if one was to buy one for the N54?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got the BSH it looks like it belong under the hood, only a trained eye would spot it as being an aftermarket addon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm now I'm looking to put one in my 5er...I don't mean to jack the thread, but if anyone has any info on installing one for the E60 and has pics or advice on which one to get, PM me please! Thanks, and good luck Alpine...let us know how it turns out, if you get a good one for your car, I'm sure ti'll be good for mine too Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    There's like 2 catch cans I know out there that actually work right the rest don't catch anything, and even the air/oil seperator $$$ like crawford can gum up and cause huge issues. THE REST ARE JUNK.

I deal with these POS cans creating massive vacuum leaks all the time, mostly on MAF based cars. I tell everyone to take them the hell off. Use seafoam - run good gas. Don't unnecessarily tap it into the PCV system. I sometimes make bets with people when I perform a boost leak test - i point to it and say watch this.........5 psi.......PSSSSSSSSH!

What are the two you recommend?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Hmm now I'm looking to put one in my 5er...I don't mean to jack the thread, but if anyone has any info on installing one for the E60 and has pics or advice on which one to get, PM me please! Thanks, and good luck Alpine...let us know how it turns out, if you get a good one for your car, I'm sure ti'll be good for mine too Click here to enlarge
    Even though you have a 5er I don't see why the OCC wouldn't install the same.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast